SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by radman615, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:01 AM
San Diego,CA
Joined Sep 2008
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Wanted
Cox .049 or cl engines wanted

I might not have explained myself corectly last time I posted.I am looking for cox,or cox parts for .049 engines,or any c/l engines that me and my boys can fly with.I recieved a few offers from guys who wanted gold for they`re engines.That is fine,but please,don`t offer engines,then tell me you can get x amount for selling them on ebay.I just need some good engines for me and my two boys to fly with.Thanks alot.
radman615 is offline Find More Posts by radman615
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:18 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Cox

I bought two AP .061 from Hobby people and engines look good. If you shop ebay don't bid on engines ending on weekend. Plus another idea is buy a group of engines. Check to see sellers feedback. I was lookig for a Cox Space Hopper vintage engine and no luck. Prices went nuttso! Then found a group of engines on ebay that had such engine/ a Golden Bee/ Three product engines/ Two PeeWee engines at a total of $56.00. Engines were dusty and looks like seen little use.
Dan
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:47 AM
San Diego,CA
Joined Sep 2008
67 Posts
Thanks for the advice

I really don`t even have an ebay account,but it looks like I might have to open one up to get what I need.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:01 PM
Manhattan, KS
Joined Nov 2005
30 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Dan gave some good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
Then found a group of engines on ebay that had such engine/ a Golden Bee/ Three product engines/ Two PeeWee engines at a total of $56.00. Dan
If you are a good shopper and above all patient, you will find exactly what you want and at a price you like. However if you want one NOW... or want a vintage, pristine, "factory fresh" engine, you will need deep pockets indeed.

Every now and then a nice Cox 049 shows up at this site...I know as I have bought and sold a couple of nice engines here !

PS: Now repro glow plugs are available at http://www.mecoa.com/acc/glowplug/glowplug.htm
wfortney99 is offline Find More Posts by wfortney99
Last edited by wfortney99; Mar 10, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:00 PM
Joined Dec 2008
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
If you go to select hobbies (http://selecthobbies.com/). They sell NIP Sure Starts for 9.95, and the guy that runs the site is very nice. He also carries some parts and C/L kits at decent prices. On the bay, I recently bought a lot of 10 new .049s for $60, which is not much more than Cox was selling them for towards the end. It's really a shame that those of us that want to put these guys in the air can no longer afford to do so .
LMH_81 is offline Find More Posts by LMH_81
Old Mar 10, 2009, 02:55 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Cox

Sure starts are bottom feeders. The worst pile convaluted trash that hit the market. If you like them good for you. The slag engine of .049's ever!! People bought them for the glow plugs and sell the rest as new Cox items. Buy one and have fun!!
Dan
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Mar 10, 2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: update
Old Mar 10, 2009, 03:48 PM
San Diego,CA
Joined Sep 2008
67 Posts
Sure starts

I know enough to stay away....besides,I love the ones with tanks on them I had as a kid.I used to hop them up and really get them to go.I made a big mistake and sold them about 15 years ago.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2008
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sorry. I misunderstood this thread. I thought you were looking for inexpensive engines to have some fun with; not being exclusive to the tanked engines. For what its worth, all of the Sure Starts I have bought have run; and run well. They have pulled around everything I have asked them to; and for the $6-$10 investment I've been happy. Would I use one for serious racing? No. I have Norvels for that (or if I'm feeling really crazy...one of my 2 NIB Venoms I bought when I was 15...best use of allowance money EVER!!!) Didn't mean to steer you towards "junk".
LMH_81 is offline Find More Posts by LMH_81
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:52 PM
Madera , Calif.
Joined Jul 2007
402 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Klenk
Gentlemen

There is a seller on the bay, name is Xenalook. I did some reading on his ebay page and this chap has bought up the entire remains of Cox engines and parts from Cox, along with tooling etc and has the rights to manufacture. Quite interesting I thought. Now, whether the production end of things actually materializes, we will have to wait and see. If it does then long live the Cox engine. But in the meantime he is selling, and is able to support engines we fly. Good thing, cause I enjoy the little engines. This is just for your information.

Frank 8)
================================================== =======

above is a copy & paste from a other site, posted by "Frank klenk"

read and follow up on the name,"Zenalook", this may help you find what you are looking for.

Good Luck,
USMC & Viking...! & Little Jack...!
USMC & Viking is offline Find More Posts by USMC & Viking
Old Mar 13, 2009, 02:32 AM
SantaAna CA
Joined Aug 2003
318 Posts
Trader Rating: 57
We meet again - I have NIB Cox Black Widow up for grabs. Well, the engine is NIB, the box itself looks as old as it actually is. If interested, make an offer.
I think there are some props too, will throw them in. Eloy
EloyM is offline Find More Posts by EloyM
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman615
I might not have explained myself corectly last time I posted.I am looking for cox,or cox parts for .049 engines,or any c/l engines that me and my boys can fly with.I recieved a few offers from guys who wanted gold for they`re engines.That is fine,but please,don`t offer engines,then tell me you can get x amount for selling them on ebay.I just need some good engines for me and my two boys to fly with.Thanks alot.
i have a pt 9 cl plane that i won at a fly in in our club iam to old to go around in circles flew it once and knew that i cannot do it .if interested let me know.kenny
kenny norris is offline Find More Posts by kenny norris
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:08 PM
VGE
Joined Apr 2008
33 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I have 1,000's of Cox Engines For Sale

Hi radman615, Check out my ebay store and if you see anything you like for your two boy's let me know and we can work something out. I have everything to get them running also including fuel. My seller id on ebay is vintage-glow-engine-store or click here for a store link

http://www.vintageglowengines.com/

Best regards, Reggie
rginatl is offline Find More Posts by rginatl
Old Apr 07, 2009, 11:35 AM
Joined Apr 2009
59 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hey Radman615 How is it going. I also have an ebay store Like rginatl. His prices are very good as well as so are mine. If there is anything you try to get from him that he does not have I'm sure to have it. I don't want to step on toes here but when it comes to preserving control line in its glory I must answer the call (678) 499-7494 Tom Suica or www.engine049.com I do not yet have all my parts listed as I like to do the trade show/forum thing more often Ebay is pretty new to me but I figured I had to reach people!

I actually have an airplane I won of ebay that was an AMA 2'nd place winner back in 1980 i believe http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220380441294

I got it did some work to it (Rebuilt completely). Re built the black widow that was on it and put one of my custom high performance venturi mod tanks on it. Now, I know you are not trying o spend an arm and a leg so Give Reggie a visit, again he is an amazing guy and has some great products. But I do have a good collection of trainers and Nickle-rub deals. I prefer that you call but I dont mind an email engine_049@yahoo.com.
engine049 is offline Find More Posts by engine049
Closed Thread