HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:21 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
Chap,

You should have gotten an email with a link that you should have clicked on to register.

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:21 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
Over the last couple of days, I have been setting up my DX7 to work with my CX3 pod-and-boom. Sunday I did a particularly dumb thing. I went about setting configurations on the DX7 and had forgotten to dis-connect the battery from the bird. Of course, suddenly the bird jumped into the air and smashed against the ceiling, a flourescent ceiling fixture, the washer, the dryer and the ceramic tile floor. I was finally able to grab a hold of the bird and yank the battery. I must admit this stunt did a particularly good job of wrecking things. I wound up replacing upper and lower rotors, both shafts and both drive gears. I'll be going to the gym tomorrow to check out how things fly now.

Fortunately, the DX7 flies my MCX very nicely. I think I will go and do that now. (sniff, sniff)
Stumble, I think we have all been there before. I remember my V4 doing the wahtoosee on the kitchen floor. Kinda like a chicken with his head cut off. Sorry to hear about the damage. Hope all goes well tomorrow with all your fixin' up

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:44 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
Hey guys.

There will be an official Tri-C meeting Saturday January 16th at 8:00 p.m to discuss the future of the Tri-C Website. We will meet in the chat room at: http://tri-cs.spruz.com/Default.asp . Topics will be:..Do we want it...do we need it...are we willing to pay some for it....is it worth it...etc..etc.... Please let me know if you can attend. If the link does not work..let me know...

Be there or be square.

Thanks guys.

Mark
Count me in as well ...

Sven
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:00 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,141 Posts
Anyone know why my cx3 is porpoising after trasitioniing From a corner into FF?

After a corner it'll continue straight then want to rock backwards and self stabiliize or something it seems
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:04 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Sep 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Awesome

I might get the skytech swash as well. Have you seen that baby? Its impressive.

My new Aero nut motors arrived today. So hopefully, I can remove the old ones, put in new ones and have it be as was for flying tonight.

With the other pair, I might build another cx3 to use with a scale body - which I dont have, but I'll have to transfer electronics back and forth unfortunately. But for tonight, its install new motors and fly later tonight.

Have a good one boys!
nope, haven't seen that one
punisher72 is offline Find More Posts by punisher72
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,547 Posts
Yes Razor, I know why it is doing it. You need adjustable weights on your flybar. Hey everyone. Just got in. Count me the Mark. Did you say 8:00? I will have to go back and look. Sven, I am looking forward to the pics and videos and the thread. Wonderfull news indeed. I am grinning big for ya. Tough day today. Sure feels good to work. Feels better to come home after work. Can you say cold adult beverage time? I knew you could. hehe. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,141 Posts
Lee it has adjustable weights. What do I need to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Yes Razor, I know why it is doing it. You need adjustable weights on your flybar. Hey everyone. Just got in. Count me the Mark. Did you say 8:00? I will have to go back and look. Sven, I am looking forward to the pics and videos and the thread. Wonderfull news indeed. I am grinning big for ya. Tough day today. Sure feels good to work. Feels better to come home after work. Can you say cold adult beverage time? I knew you could. hehe. Lee
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:43 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,141 Posts
Sven will be displaying pics of stuff very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher72 View Post
nope, haven't seen that one
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Jan 13, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,141 Posts
Tonight I decided to install the heli tek rc shaft on my CX3 and yet another perfect, straight shaft that spooled up properly and true. Is my luck changing? I hope so.

I also put swash links to third hole and had to do NO turning of the links were required, only a little TX trimming. I flew it a little and it flies great, but it'll get a real good workout tonight at the bigger gym
Old Jan 13, 2010, 06:44 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Tonight I decided to install the heli tek rc shaft on my CX3 and yet another perfect, straight shaft that spooled up properly and true. Is my luck changing? I hope so.

I also put swash links to third hole and had to do NO turning of the links were required, only a little TX trimming. I flew it a little and it flies great, but it'll get a real good workout tonight at the bigger gym
Have fun at the workout ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:19 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,491 Posts
I just got the news of my oldest brother from my youngest brother. The operation was more complicated than expected. Instead of a triple bypass there were 5 done. One bypass could not be done as expected because the artery had too much calcium. He was out for a long time and the doctors warned of a possible stroke caused by blood clots.

Hopefully there will be good news tomorrow.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
I just got the news of my oldest brother from my youngest brother. The operation was more complicated than expected. Instead of a triple bypass there were 5 done. One bypass could not be done as expected because the artery had too much calcium. He was out for a long time and the doctors warned of a possible stroke caused by blood clots.

Hopefully there will be good news tomorrow.
All the best for your brother Durk, I truly hope everything goes well ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:43 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,547 Posts
I will be praying too. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:47 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Sven will be displaying pics of stuff very soon!
And here they are:
its a comparison of one of the swashes out of one of the el cheapo set (don't get me wrong, I won't deny those parts do what they were made for ... often after tinkering around with them a bit - but you get what you pay for) and the Skytec swash ...

I'm sure everyone will figure out which is which, and where one has an advantage over the other

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2575/swash-vergleich-1

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2576/swash-vergleich-2

Enjoy!

Sven

EDIT:
Hopefully I get to install and test it tomorrow or this weekend (man I got a lot I want to do this weekend ... )
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:01 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
And here they are:
its a comparison of one of the swashes out of one of the el cheapo set (don't get me wrong, I won't deny those parts do what they were made for ... often after tinkering around with them a bit - but you get what you pay for) and the Skytec swash ...

I'm sure everyone will figure out which is which, and where one has an advantage over the other

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2575/swash-vergleich-1

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2576/swash-vergleich-2

Enjoy!

Sven

EDIT:
Hopefully I get to install and test it tomorrow or this weekend (man I got a lot I want to do this weekend ... )
What brand is the cheaper one?
I assume the cheaper one is on the top in the second photo?

Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Last edited by Stamp; Jan 13, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Closed Thread