SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
Oh, I am not going to tell Tina if I can help it. She would take me to the hospital. I won't allow that. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:52 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
Good night all. I am not feeling well. I think I will call it a night. I hope you all rest well. May God keep you all safe, warm, and dry. Lee
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:20 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
Hey all. Just got back from hobbytown usa. A salesman came up and asked me if he could help me find anything. Next thing you know this helpful person had all my stuff rung up and I was out the door. Danggett, I
wow...whole different kind of people work at the HT here where i live...sometimes i just walk out of there because they evidently don't need my $$$

yeah man, rest up...hope you are ok !!!
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Mar 15, 2009, 08:48 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
Godd morning all. Have a wonderful Sunday.It is a rainy, dreary, and cold day here in Ga. But I am in a excellant mood, and seem to have all my falcuties intact. Kc, that sounds terrible about your lhs. hobbytown usa was a huge store. Way bigger than any I have ever seen. Which, admittedly, isn't many. hehe. They had alot of stuff to look at. And I couldn't believe all the customers. Wow! I asked them did they buy or sell used stuff hoping one day I could get a good deal. But they said no. They only deal in new stuff. That was almost reassuring, but more of a let down. I like the idea of used, that I can get cheap and tear down and fix. Oh well, enough of that. Hey noob, Any news yet? Have a great day all. May God keep you safe, warm, and dry today. Lee
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:30 AM
Noob
Irving Tx
Joined Feb 2009
20 Posts
sounds like you are getting all the rain we had for the past week.....was suppose to be nice out today here, but woke up to alot of clouds....no rain in the forcast though....will be dusting off the ole HD today and taking it for a spin.....
HDSlopoke is offline Find More Posts by HDSlopoke
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:58 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
Pardon my ingnorance, but what is a hd? Lee
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Pardon my ingnorance, but what is a hd? Lee
It's either Harley-Davidson or horrible diahrea.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:58 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
ahh, thanks. That is what it is huh. hehe. My stupid bad. hehe. Now I am thinking how dumb can I be. Must have severe brain damage not to know that. I did some pretty intense soldering this morning. Feeling good about it. It's working anyway. Lee
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:56 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
I just got in from three awesome outside flights. hehe. I tell ya. These heli's are way more fun outside with some room. lee
Old Mar 15, 2009, 07:55 PM
US ARMY retired
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Jun 2008
349 Posts
Hey Lee just checked out some of your vids on youtube, I figured you for some big fat beer guzzling redneck just kidding, any way i had 7 flites today with my new rebuilt patched up CX2 I just built for myself (testing some new parts), what a blast I had, I figure it does in excess of 20mph easily, and I'll post some vids and pictures in a few days, yes folks like Lee said its a whole new experience to fly these things outside, especially if they do some serious maneuvers, banks and killer speed runs, evryone have a good night.
decuzar is online now Find More Posts by decuzar
Old Mar 15, 2009, 08:08 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I had my first flight with my Dauphin/Quark. It's kind of tail heavy and flys pretty much scale. It needs some work. It was 50 here today so I got a chance to try a new setup on my Walkera 38, outdoors. If you are looking for something to tinker with, this bird is it. All sorts of tuning possibilities.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:31 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,042 Posts
Hehe, and some people say it isn't possible. Good night everyone. I am about to eat and go to bed. May God bless you all. Lee
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:34 PM
Noob
Irving Tx
Joined Feb 2009
20 Posts
hehe..horrible diarea..good one!!! Harley Davidson......that would be correct answer! was on it all day, am a bit intoxicated as i write this....was a good day....
yes..my main hobby is my Bikes, and my brotherhood with the American Legion Riders, with my love for RC Helicopters being a pretty distant second....hence the name HDSlopoke(slopoke being my given ride name)

only got in two batteries in on my MCX tonight... experiancing a prob though..batteries are only last ing 5 min and then getting a reallly bad counterclockwise spin....cant trim it out....already replaced, inner, outer, and blades......only other choice would be that i need new motors.....does that sound about right? have about 70 flights on the Mcx....
HDSlopoke is offline Find More Posts by HDSlopoke
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:07 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSlopoke
only got in two batteries in on my MCX tonight... experiancing a prob though..batteries are only last ing 5 min and then getting a reallly bad counterclockwise spin....cant trim it out....already replaced, inner, outer, and blades......only other choice would be that i need new motors.....does that sound about right? have about 70 flights on the Mcx....
Actually, it sounds more like the infamous contact problem; though it could also be batteries, if you have not reduced the charging rate.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 01:07 AM
Metro Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
I just got in from three awesome outside flights. hehe. I tell ya. These heli's are way more fun outside with some room. lee
Yeah Lee, we had a rare moment late last evening in our neck of the N GA woods with calm wind.
I just happened to look out at the "tips" of my tall Lyland Cypruses in my back yard, and they were motionless..... Out I went.....with my CX2 with three batteries and had a blast! Now I know what you guys are saying about moving the servo links to the outer holes for outside manuvering for a slight breeze.

When I got my CX2 a few months back, my noob arse took it out one day back in January and what mistake that was. The next thing I knew it, a breeze slammed it into a pear tree and my heart stopped. Thankfully, It survived with just a cracked blade. I lined the crack with clear tape and it's still flying.

Has anyone used any of these home use weather stations that measure even the slightest wind to help with our flight decisions? Like from a site like this.......http://www.dasdistribution.com/produ...tion/index.htm
fstopz is offline Find More Posts by fstopz
Last edited by fstopz; Mar 16, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Closed Thread