HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:15 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Yes fstopz, that is where I went today. I looked for two hours for my flybar and I finally found it. hehe. About twenty feet from the crash site. I had looked all around it. Then my outside cat came up to me insisting on petting. While I was stooped down petting him, I glanced over and there it was. I was planning on going to Atlanta hobby but this hobbytown usa was in my route, so I stopped there instead. Man did they have alot of neat stuff. I am definately gonna be going back soon. hehe. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:21 PM
Joined Jan 2009
273 Posts
Lee - Poor man part 2 - thats great - good to see you and I hope the entire crew returns.
Steve
gijake is offline Find More Posts by gijake
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Thanks buddy. I just wanna be a part of this heli thing. I have learned alot, And wanna share with others. I am glad to hear from ya. Have you givin any thought to that Dunwoody flight group thing? Hope all is well. Lee
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
273 Posts
Dunwoody is kinda far and I took up this hobby because I don't need to go anywhere except my yard. However, I would learn a lot from going to a group.
gijake is offline Find More Posts by gijake
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I am trying to overcome a social anxiety. hehe. I think it would do me good to get out and meet others with a common interest. I seem to care alot for people. I get my feelings hurt easy. Wear my heart on my sleave kinda thing. Funny thing is that I was trained to be hard, just don't like that anymore. I prayed once to God that if he would take the hatred from my heart, I wouldn't hurt anyone else. So far, it has worked out. I have nothing but Love to share. But that is something, Lee
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Good night everyone. I may be getting kicked off this forum and erased. I can't really explain it. I still don't get it myself. Apperantlly I did something really wrong and can't seem to fix it. Go figure. I hope this not be the case, cause I have alot to offer and will miss you all terriblly. God keep you all safe, warm, and dry. Lee
Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:28 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
Yes fstopz, that is where I went today. I looked for two hours for my flybar and I finally found it. hehe. About twenty feet from the crash site. I had looked all around it. Then my outside cat came up to me insisting on petting. While I was stooped down petting him, I glanced over and there it was. I was planning on going to Atlanta hobby but this hobbytown usa was in my route, so I stopped there instead. Man did they have alot of neat stuff. I am definately gonna be going back soon. hehe. Lee
The stock flybar is only held in place by the plastic ears on the retainer. If you were to use an extended shaft with the aluminum head, a cap and screw hold the flybar from coming out.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:23 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Yes, you are right kodak jack. I was trying to see how far I could push a stock lama v4 and found out. hehe. My outside heli has all the requirements needed to fly outside. I have had a great day today. Lotta work. But still got home at a reasonable hour. And I am, of course, still taking it easy. Hope all is well out there with all of you. I might just go fly a little. Lee
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
Metro Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
55 Posts
Flying is great therapy. I have been recovering from shoulder surgery on Jan 14th. Reading on this great forum and flying takes my mind off of my aches and pains. I have just been able to type now as I am healing. Hehe, as Lee would say.
fstopz is offline Find More Posts by fstopz
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:57 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I absoulutely agree fstopz. It is wonderful therapy. I am sorry about you shoulder, but glad you were able to get it fixed. Heal fast my friend. What all do you fly? And if you are ever thinking about heading up I85n. Let me know. I live near chateu elan. Maybe we could meet. I could use a new friend. hehe. A wise woman told me once... Try to be a blessing to everyone you meet. I am still trying. Hope you heal fast. I have added you to my daily prayers. Lee
Old Mar 12, 2009, 07:48 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I have news. Tina just got a voluntary position helping a hospice in qwinnett. And for domestic abuse center. It dosn't pay any money. But, it will get her the experience she needs on her resume. And she gets to help others. She has been in tears all afternoon. And since I worked today, and she got this, I decided to treat her to a pizza for dinner. Understand that this is a big treat for her and I. She has already cheered up. hehe. Hope you all are doing well too. Lee
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
I am going to bed now. Good night all. God bless. Lee
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:43 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Good morning everyone. Hope all is well out there. I am home alone today. Gonna try some outside flying even though the wind is a little breezy and seems to be changing directions spraticlly. I think it will be good training. hehe. Lee
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:29 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Jan 2009
107 Posts
Mornin Lee!! Happy Friday!! Glad to hear your getting some flying in. Tell Tina "Congrats!!!" for me. Still waitin on that baby. He's just not ready to pop out yet!!
RCHeliNoob is offline Find More Posts by RCHeliNoob
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,059 Posts
Do you already know it is a boy? He sure is making you wait. You must be a mess. Walking on pins and neddles by now. hehe. He probably knows it is cold outside. lol. Hope it all goes well for ya'll. I pray it does. I will tell Tina you said that when she gets home. Thank you. She is so looking forward to it. It is a chance to help others. Did I metion to all of ya that she found a place to give her hats she made to. She was so happy. All is going well for me now that winter is over and work is picking back up. I am off today, but suspposed to work tomorrow. If the weather isn't too bad. Might rain. Who knows. Lee
Closed Thread