HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Joe Ford, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:35 AM
Castle Tech
Olathe, KS
Joined Aug 2003
4,890 Posts
Cool
RC8 conversion vid

Just a short vid of my RC8 conversion...set up for really good speed (to get away from my Australian Shepherd...it's her "chase car"). 6s 30C lipo (almost dead in the video though ), Neu-Castle prototype 1517 1800kv motor, 24/44 gearing. I do 10 minute runs then shut her down...don't want to push the motor too hard just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLwJD9DQ7FU
Joe Ford is offline Find More Posts by Joe Ford
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2009, 01:29 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Man, that thing is SICK Joe! It still wants to wheelie at full speed...
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Mar 09, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
I'm calling PETA. Cause you're gonna kill that dog.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Mar 09, 2009, 05:40 PM
Castle Tech
Olathe, KS
Joined Aug 2003
4,890 Posts
LOL...that's my Australian Shepherd...and it's HER car. LOL She LOVES chasing the car, and when I get home does everything but fetch the radio to tell me to play with her. I'll get some vid with the higher kv motor in it and fully charge the battery. That was an 1800kv motor with a 3/4 dead pack. Go up to the 2200kv and fully charge it...post vid of it for you guys. It's NUTS, and actually scares me to drive it. LOL
Joe Ford is offline Find More Posts by Joe Ford
Old Mar 09, 2009, 07:53 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Ford
LOL...that's my Australian Shepherd...and it's HER car. LOL She LOVES chasing the car, and when I get home does everything but fetch the radio to tell me to play with her. I'll get some vid with the higher kv motor in it and fully charge the battery. That was an 1800kv motor with a 3/4 dead pack. Go up to the 2200kv and fully charge it...post vid of it for you guys. It's NUTS, and actually scares me to drive it. LOL
Thanks for the support today. I'm the one that asked the question about the CM 2042. You emailed me back.

I was wondering why Castle didn't provide specs. Then I realized "it is" a car motor. I'm using them in two GWS EDF 55's for a A10. They pull 15A WOT(a piece) and really are nice in that fan. My A10 is gonna be fast
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:06 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,643 Posts
Dang Joe!! That is just madness!! Love the power. Great setup. Hope that setup lasts a while.

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build