HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 08, 2009, 02:58 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
The Figure 9 RC N2

Well, here is the new all EPP N2 that will soon be available at figure9rc.com
I threw some quick paint on it just so it wasnt all white and put in some HS 55s on the ailerons, HS 65s on the rudder and elevator, an AXI 2208/34 motor, TP 3S 2100 and a 10x4.7 prop. It balanced out just right.

What would a normal person do then? Fly it, right! Well, today we have 25mph winds gusting to 40! Yes 40! I live on a hill, and the wind just rips through here too. So,of course, I went and flew it! A maiden flight in 25+mph wind, makes sense to me! As you can imagine, it was a handfull in the wind, but I was able to fly it and it survived. Not quite enough power for that wind though. Maybe I'll get a decent day and get some video up soon.

Here are a couple pictures. It has a 51" wingspan so including the ailerons, so that makes 600square inches of wing area. Ready to fly weight is 27oz with the TP 2100. Not too bad.

Laine.

EDIT: Calm winds this evening! Whoo hoo! What a blast to fly! This thing will do some awesome stuff. Loops are scarily tight (especially from inverted). It does some crazy spins with nothing more than rudder input. And slow, man will this ugly sucker slow down! I can tell you this, it may be ugly as sin, but its one of the most fun slow planes I have! I would say the design is finalized now. I'll get some video up ASAP
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Last edited by lmopar69; Mar 09, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts