HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2009, 06:52 PM
Wilson
Peterborough Ontario Canada
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Tiger 1 with HL recoil

My latest project is to retrofit an HL recoil into my Tiger 1 and this is what I have so far. To me this is what I like is to build and figuring out how to do it. I still have the pivots and gun elevation unit to install. The recoil unit pictured is set up for my Panzer lV. I will post more pictires soon.

R/CJohn
R/CJohn is offline Find More Posts by R/CJohn
Last edited by R/CJohn; Mar 11, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:38 AM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Very Cool John,

Nice work thanks for posting this conversion!

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Old Apr 06, 2009, 09:32 PM
pushing the envelope
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2005
533 Posts
Please tell me, where do you get the steel track/wheel/gear upgrades?

Thanks.
rcgroupie is offline Find More Posts by rcgroupie
Old Apr 06, 2009, 09:44 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgroupie
Please tell me, where do you get the steel track/wheel/gear upgrades?

Thanks.

I finally got my order in, if you are in the US, I can save you a few bucks! If you are in Canada you can try Mato Toys or me if they don't have stock,,, I have metal road wheels, tracks, ilders and sprockets, and the metal swing arms as well! PM me

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Apr 06, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2009, 05:26 AM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,100 Posts
Can you please post a video of the recoil in action? I wanted to see how the action works..

I've managed to convert my airsoft mechanism into a recoil unit but I still find the speed to be a bit slow or un-realistic.
Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie
Last edited by Dongskie; Apr 07, 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2009, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2008
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CJohn
Update for the Tiger 1 recoil. I have finally attached the main gun to the turret. I still have too install the elevation unit. If you have any idea's on how to fit the elevation unit let me know? Please let me know what you thinl of it. Would it be ok or improvment?

R/CJohn
Is that not the HL Stug recoil unit that you are using ? I am not sure, but will you not have to use the Stug elevation unit some how /
roadwarrior is offline Find More Posts by roadwarrior
Old Apr 07, 2009, 08:25 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior
Is that not the HL Stug recoil unit that you are using ? I am not sure, but will you not have to use the Stug elevation unit some how /
He is using the new HL, Stug, jagpanzer, KV-1 recoil unit! The unit has a fin on the tail so you can use the old elevation or the new!

Also John is doing the reverse mod, first done by YHR on RCU, and this will allow the recoil to look more realistic!

The Blitz
Old Apr 07, 2009, 08:58 PM
Wilson
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Sorry I don't have a video on the recoil. I don't have a camera for videos. I am doing the HL recoil and the RX18 mods thats on the rccommand site and go to the how to guides.
I will be using the Stug. elevation unit for the Tiger and it will be mounted on the loaders hatch location and I will post some pitures as soon as I can. I finally got the rest of the parts so I can finish the Tiger retrofit,
Sorry about taking too long on the Tiger recoil and elevation units retro. I am rebuilding my Tiger with IR and the rest of my tanks. PM or e-mail me if you have questions or ideas. With back problems it gets hard to keep going.

R/CJohn
Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
Wilson
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I have built the elevation for the Tiger. I used the Stug. unit and made a new runner for the unit. Let me know what you think ot it. I'm thinking about mounting the sensor tower in the loaders hatch.

John
Last edited by R/CJohn; Apr 10, 2009 at 03:18 PM.