HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2009, 11:26 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Question
Kyosho C172 3-in-1 info

First post - YAY :-)

I have a Kyosho Cessna 172 electric foamie. I can't seem to get the motor to run for any length of time.

I am trying to determine whether its the batteris (Brand new - came with the plane), charger (Brand new - came with the plane) or ESC (Brand new - came with the plane).

The motor runs strongly for about 60s until it just quits, if I reduce the throttle to idle and then increase it again to 80% it will run for another 30 s and so on until it won't run at all.

I don't have any kit to test the batteries.

I am a bit suspiscious that the ESC's low power cut-off might be getting over enthusiastic and need a tweak.

Does anybody have details of the 3-in-1 that's in that plane? i.e. Which adjustments do what? Does anybody have any ideas of tests that I can do to pin down the problem?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
ElecSausages is offline Find More Posts by ElecSausages
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2009, 12:18 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,195 Posts
If those are Nixx batteries they may need to be cycled several times by discharge, then 1C charge. Your symptoms clearly point to the battery voltage under load dropping to below LVC... your LVC setting may in fact be quite correct... cycle the pack, then fully charge it, and see how it goes.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Mar 09, 2009, 03:43 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Many Thanks for the reply Dr Kiwi

I've charged and discharged both battery packs 3 or 4 times... I think the chance of both of them being duff are slim, since both are brand new... so I'm thinking that it's goign to be one of the common components, charger (extermely rubbish-y little thing) or the ESC (unlikely as its seen very little use...)

And so - I'm going to buy a decent charger and see what happens :-)

I'll post the result for others to see when the outcome is known.

Thanks All
Old Mar 09, 2009, 03:45 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Thx for the Kyosho reply

Many Thanks for the reply Dr Kiwi

I've charged and discharged both battery packs 3 or 4 times... I think the chance of both of them being duff are slim, since both are brand new... so I'm thinking that it's goign to be one of the common components, charger (extermely rubbish-y little thing) or the ESC (unlikely as its seen very little use...)

And so - I'm going to buy a decent charger and see what happens :-)

I'll post the result for others to see when the outcome is known.

Thanks All