HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 07, 2009, 09:38 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Build Log
Let's make LCS-2 Independence. !

Let's make LCS. 。
Well, because the long winter finally leaves Japan, and a warm season came, it is thought that it begins the production of the high speed combat warship that comes next to "VISBY" here. A modern topic might be LCS of the littoral combat ship of the United States. 。The interest doesn't boil because the warship of two types of LCS building now is a type of VISBY produced with usual [monoharu] single [doutei] of LCS-1 the other day . However, stimulating my production desire very much because LCS-2 is a style of the trimaran doesn't stop. 。The manufacturer can indeed expect the performance in the manufacturer that gave birth to that F16 in General Dynamics. 。Well, how shall we make this LCS?。Expect and exist.
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Last edited by y.takahashi; Mar 20, 2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add.pix
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2009, 09:34 PM
3 Blades to the Wind
Shaun Hendricks's Avatar
Atascadero, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
4,085 Posts
Good to see you back posting and building Takahashi. You always choose interesting subjects. I think someone else was thinking about building the LCS trimaran can't recall the thread though.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Shaun Hendricks is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Hendricks
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 01:50 AM
full time pirate
pimp_squeak's Avatar
The Great White North
Joined Jun 2004
323 Posts
Interesting subjects, Wikipedia has some pretty sweet articles on both ships-

LCS-1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Freedom_(LCS-1)

LCS-2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Independence_(LCS-2)
pimp_squeak is offline Find More Posts by pimp_squeak
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:00 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
It very likes LCS-2 Independence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Hendricks
Good to see you back posting and building Takahashi. You always choose interesting subjects. I think someone else was thinking about building the LCS trimaran can't recall the thread though.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Hi!. Shaun Hendricks san.
Still, I am limited because it likes speedy craft and the ship that boils the interest is limited . It very likes a high speed that the ship type brings obtaining because the LCS-2 Independence is a trimaran and a peculiar face . It sees in an ungainly manner at a certain time, and it looks smart at a certain time. It very likes such a style. Please expect it in the future .
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:06 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
[QUOTE=pimp_squeak]Interesting subjects, Wikipedia has some pretty sweet articles on both ships-

Hi!. pimp_squeak san
Thank you for information on LCS. 。
The combat vessel with this new style
It thinks how it makes it. 、It wants first of all to make the best use of my technology to its maximum, and to put a new attempt .
。Please expect it in the future.
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 02:11 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Umi_Ryuzuki's Avatar
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Hendricks
I think someone else was thinking about building the LCS trimaran can't recall the thread though.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Everyone is thinking about it... Takahashi san is the person to get it done.


Four jet pumps should be a fun challenge.
I look forward to watching the construction.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 08:10 PM
life is a beach
fvasileios's Avatar
thessaloniki-greece
Joined Sep 2008
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Everyone is thinking about it... Takahashi san is the person to get it done.


Four jet pumps should be a fun challenge.
I look forward to watching the construction.

four jet pumps????this model will cause a tsunami behind it... ...it seems a nice project Takahashi...
fvasileios is offline Find More Posts by fvasileios
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2009, 10:19 PM
Mostly harmless
Capt_Christo's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Feb 2005
382 Posts
So I assume the bump underneath is a sonar dome?

Boy would I love to see one of these on our lake
Capt_Christo is offline Find More Posts by Capt_Christo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Everyone is thinking about it... Takahashi san is the person to get it done.


Four jet pumps should be a fun challenge.
I look forward to watching the construction.

Hi!. Umi san .
Your comment always gives good stimulation for me . Thank you for the reference image of LCS-2. 。Of course 4-JETPOMP is LCS. It is the maximum feature of the propeller of two, and it thinks how to do it now .
And, how the trimaran hull is similarly made is researched.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Equips four jet pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvasileios
four jet pumps????this model will cause a tsunami behind it... ...it seems a nice project Takahashi...
Hi!. fvasileios san.
Of course four jet pumps
The one on the market is not used. I will produce four original jet pumps that I have developed up to now at the same time and install it. Expect and exist in the tsunami that it causes.
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 11:58 AM
Registered User
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
sonar dome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Christo
So I assume the bump underneath is a sonar dome?

Boy would I love to see one of these on our lake
Hi!. Capt_Christo san.
Is the sonar dome that you say a central hull?。
Or, is it bow-thruster of the storage type with which the prow under is equipped?。
If it is prow bow-thruster this is LCS?. It reproduces by all means because it is one of the features seen in two, and movability [shi] .
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Last edited by y.takahashi; Mar 09, 2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: mis speru
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:08 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
patmat2350's Avatar
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,763 Posts
Not so sexy like Independence, I just saw the USNS Impeccable SWATH hulled surveillence ship in the news... a very stable platform for towed arrays to listen in on subs. Still, a technical challenge for any modeler... as with Sea Shadow, dynamic stabilization is required to make this thing work.

patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:09 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
you mean kind of like a z-drive or azipod? Like the cruise ships use?
last pic looks like an LHD going backwards!
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Last edited by fooman2008; Mar 09, 2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: saw new pic
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Umi_Ryuzuki's Avatar
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman2008
you mean kind of like a z-drive or azipod? Like the cruise ships use?
last pic looks like an LHD going backwards!
Foo
The Swath hulls often have controllable canard wings up front.
This controls the "dive" as they go through rough seas.
.
.
.
I agree with Takahashi san, that the pod on the front of
the LCS-2 is a retractable schottel thruster for dock side
maneuvering, or station keeping.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 05:41 PM
life is a beach
fvasileios's Avatar
thessaloniki-greece
Joined Sep 2008
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y.takahashi
Hi!. fvasileios san.
Of course four jet pumps
The one on the market is not used. I will produce four original jet pumps that I have developed up to now at the same time and install it. Expect and exist in the tsunami that it causes.
This concludes my report.
i really can't wait to see that tsunami takahashi san...is there any progress on building???

bill
fvasileios is offline Find More Posts by fvasileios
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Let's make a 2009 calendar - Submit your photos muidaq Aerial Photography 19 Jan 11, 2009 06:49 PM
Repair Materials - let's make a list nwoods Slope 18 Oct 28, 2004 06:27 PM
Let's Make A Light Tire - <2g. hoppy Foamies (Kits) 3 Oct 12, 2001 09:59 PM
Let's Talk About Standard Servos Brian Nixon Electric Plane Talk 9 Apr 24, 2001 09:07 AM