Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:10 PM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniebud
Which means what?
He didn't know that you could subscribe to a thread without posting a reply. Probably a new user to RCGroups.
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Mar 22, 2009, 07:45 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
His picture says member since 2003 ????
arniebud is online now Find More Posts by arniebud
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:05 PM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniebud
His picture says member since 2003 ????
Go figure? - who knows--
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
electric fly
3rd rock from the sun--east coast
Joined Sep 2004
194 Posts
I've been flying my Great Planes Escapade and it's a great flyer. I have about 5 flights on it in 15 MPH winds and it handled it fine. Using a Rimfire 42-60-800 on 5 cells and it's a rocket ship.

Wayne...
killerstick is online now Find More Posts by killerstick
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:04 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Lol, sorry, I accually didnt know you could subscribe w/o posting, which seemed silly to me, but I've seen so many others do it I figured that was the only way.

Mine is on order from Tower, but they say late April for stock status

I want a replacment for my trashed Pulse XT that I dont want to spent $220 on for the ARF!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:15 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I will apologize for my comments, as I had no idea what the term "subscribe" meant, which is fairly obvious. I researched and found the explanation in the FAQ section.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago even though they were out of stock, and gambled with the waiting time on backorder rather than the fear of a price increase when they restocked. I received notification that they shipped this past Thursday.
arniebud is online now Find More Posts by arniebud
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:38 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
I ordered mine through the LHS so it will be shipped after the personal orders, but I hope it comes in soon.

After a few flights to feel the plane out, mine is going to get floats!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:02 AM
Angry Flyer!
washington state
Joined Oct 2008
383 Posts
I have the Pulse 40 and I'm building the Escapade. How do you compare the two?
jriley1974 is offline Find More Posts by jriley1974
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:27 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
I havent go tmy Escapade yet so I cant tell you, but I've had 5 Pulse's. (1 .60, 2 .40's, and 2 Mini's, one electric and one with an OS .25) I love the pulse in every way, but it has too much wing, slowing the roll rate, makeing spans and spins hard to recover from w/o going around another 1/2 to a full turn. And landings w/o a little spoileron mixed in are long and very floaty, making a single touch landing on the mains very hard, because when you touch down, it still wants to fly and will bounce and do so for a couple more touch downs on a single approche. The wing is just a bit too long making it a great second airplane, but for thoughs of us that have had many sport planes, its such a nice flyer, that these problems border on frustrating!
The Pulse, aside from that is a GREAT flyer! Fast (but could be faster with less wing), perdicatable, very aerobatic (I can easly hover and harrior and torque roll mine with a Saito .72 swingign a 12x8 evo prop). It cna do KE all day long with little tuck or roll to overcome, high or low alpha! Its just a great plane and doesnt look bad, niether!

But I suspect that the Escapade with its shorter wing will fix the Pulse's "problems", but I want to know if it can out do the Pulse. If it can fly just as well aerobaticly, but still have some speed like the Pulse (sense the wing look a little thicker) then it will be my new favorite plane, but it wll take some doing!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 02:08 PM
Angry Flyer!
washington state
Joined Oct 2008
383 Posts
I agree with you about the Pulse characteristics. I put a 55ax on mine with a 12x7 apc making it fast when I want it as well as aerobatic. I imagine the Escapade will be much faster naturally with its shorter wings. I'll put a 46 on the Escapade.
A fellow flyer put a Supertigre40 on his Pulse 40 and it flew great, not underpowered at all. The Escapade will surely fly well with a good 40 too.

Let us know how the Escapade maiden goes

edit: I too have the mini Pulse (eflight 450)
jriley1974 is offline Find More Posts by jriley1974
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:02 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
I cant wait for them to come back instock!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:22 AM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,762 Posts
I keep looking at this plane as something I'd like to add to my collection. I swapped a Sig Four Star 40 for a Piper Pawnee 40 last year and I miss the "sportiness" from the 4-Star.

I also like the fact that these wings are shorter than the 4-Star. As with the Pulse comment above, the 4-Star was slow to roll. Other owners were clipping the wing tips in one panel. The Escapade appears to be a perfect fit!

Sure would like to see real customer photos and video of this aircraft, especially electric powered.
YarSmythe is online now Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:58 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,708 Posts
Another nice feature of the Escapade's wing is that it has teh option ofone or two aileron servos so spoilerons/flaperons can be mixed in, or The ailerons can be cut and flaps added, much like the Nextstar or the H9 PTS P-51!

My only vise with the Escapade right now, besides being out of stock, is the really low, jet like canopy. With its long nose and very tall tail, it needs a canopy with a little more "bubble" to it.... What do you guys think? Maybe add a replacment Pulse canopy?

Im also thinking about changing the "true red" which looks a little dark for my taste to yellow, or blue because, unlike the Pulse with a painted canopy and wheel pants and wing tips, this one has only painted wheel pants, which im not going to use after a few break-in flights because im adding floats to mine because my trainer just isnt fun enough, and the wing is too high, this one is perfect, minly because it is half the price of the Pulse just in case it takes a dip