HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:12 AM
Athens, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,669 Posts
e-Manual

Tried mine in another computer. Won't work. Bad e-Manual! I believe it will fly with the default settings. I'll find out tomorrow.
ekotil is offline Find More Posts by ekotil
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekotil
Tried mine in another computer. Won't work. Bad e-Manual! I believe it will fly with the default settings. I'll find out tomorrow.
You should fly in mode I only i don't like the Mode O settings at all no negative pitch.
-JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:25 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,669 Posts
Will do!
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:52 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Set up Procedure

I am posting this up again for those who havent seen the Quick set up Guid yet.
Cheers, John W
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2009, 03:17 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekotil
Did you just stick the disc in the Pc and try to launch it? There is some software to install that lets you access the data on the disc.

Found on first page of this thread.
Installing the E manual
The E manual included with the heli is designed to work best with Internet Explorer7. If you are not running this version you may suffer from multiple boxes popping up when you try and use it. You will also need to download EON Viewer in order to correctly see and use the 3D CAD like images. You should be prompted at some time to do this when trying to use the manual if your system doesn't have it.

When the E manual is opened you will see instructions for you browser settings. Don't skip these steps!! Make sure you settings are set correctly and the manual will read and operate properly.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Last edited by whilrybird; Mar 14, 2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 04:18 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Photos of my new EXP!

Well i just had time to get my new EXP out of the box and installed the Option Fiberglass canopy and added some decals, and the Carbon Fiber Main Blades.
I love it! It's seems smaller than My MD530.
I hope tp fly it tomorrow if i have time and the wind calms down here a bit.
Cheers, JohnW
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Mar 14, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 07:04 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Flew my EXP on It's First Flight

Well Just flew my EXP for the first time.
Wow really smooth. The carbon Blades sound awesome.
I need the dial down the exp though. way too spongy for my tasts.
The tail was rock solid. Tail wag came on perfectly. Just needed to track the blades. I need to do a little tweeking with the software and i'll have her dialed in. Very smooth bird right out of the box.
Hope to get more flight time when the sun comes up today.
Cheers, JohnW
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Mar 14, 2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:31 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Well Just flew my EXP for the first time.
Wow really smooth. The carbon Blades sound awesome.
I need the dial down the exp though. way too spongy for my tasts.
The tail was rock solid. Tail wag came on perfectly. Just needed to track the blades. I need to do a little tweeking with the software and i'll have her dialed in. Very smooth bird right out of the box.
Hope to get more flight time when the sun comes up today.
Cheers, JohnW
Do you sleep?
I thought I was bad flying at the crack of dawn. Nice canopy bro.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Wow fiberglass canopy for the EXP? Wheres the fiberglass canopy for the Mini Titan?
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Mar 14, 2009, 01:17 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,669 Posts
EXP Maiden

My maiden was totally successful this morning with my new EXP. Blade tracking was slightly off when I took it to eye level which I will address. I haven't flown in months so the soft(spongy) controls were welcome as I only flew it in mode 0! A click or two on the adjustments were all it took for hands off hovering. The heli sounds and runs very smoothly and the tail started to slightly wag about 51/2 minutes into the run and I brought it down. I believe I will start flying heli's more again! Bottom line is you do not need the extra software to set-up or fly this heli. It should be included in the total price and be part of the deal anyway!
Last edited by ekotil; Mar 14, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 05:07 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Crazy Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
Do you sleep?
I thought I was bad flying at the crack of dawn. Nice canopy bro.
Thanks Bro,
I have been so Busy with the Website and sales i get about 5 Hours of Sleep a Day! I am Working super Hard at this. And I just had to fly
It's been almost a year now since I Opened RC Hobby Helicopter and Everyone here at RC Groups has been really Great!
I really Enjoy what I do here!
Cheers, JohnW
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Mar 15, 2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 02:32 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
I got in some more flights with my EXP and had to change the stock settings-was to mushy. lowered the expo to 35 now it is really crisp handling. This is a much nicer flying Heli compared to my two t-rex 450's I just sold. I am very pleased so far.
Did have a hard time getting the Li-Po out when it was warm (expansion from the heat)
I solved the issue with a light spray of pure silicone lube in the Battery cage now it goes in like budda. and won't damage plastic either.
this heli will get alot of people back flying again.
Cheers, JohnW
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
United States, GA, Kathleen
Joined Dec 2007
345 Posts
Innovator Data

I am trying to figure out the time scale on the data logger. I cleared the memory, took one flight, and downloaded the data. The data looked good in terms of RPM values, voltages, etc. I could also easily tell where I landed towards the end of the flight and then took off again for a short time. But the time scale does not seem right. I only flew for about 5 minutes, at most. The time the battery was actually installed in the helicopter could only have been 6 or 7 minutes, which would be around 400 to 500 seconds, yet the time scale on the display ran from 0 to 1,092 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

johrich
johrich is offline Find More Posts by johrich
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:59 AM
ptpumpkin
Joined Jan 2006
4 Posts
To John W --
Hi John I have a couple of quick questions --- I have been flying r/c helicoptors since the dawn of r/c heli's. that doesn't make me a good flyer though. I probably had one of everything made . Now I want to be only a sport flyer. I have three trex's a logo 10 for outdoors and a few indoor electrics. I just got a Hirobo Quark - it is one of the best flying heli's I ever had. I could never fly in front of myself, I always had to stand and fly around me. Now with this I fly circles in front of me, figure 8's , stall turns, & I think their called funnels. All done halfway decient indoors. My question is: I was thinking of getting the MD530 Innovater, and was wondering if it flys similar to the quark, am I going to be over my head, or bored, or am I wasting my time. Thank you for your time.
Peter
ptpumpkin is offline Find More Posts by ptpumpkin
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:53 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpumpkin
To John W --
Hi John I have a couple of quick questions --- I have been flying r/c helicoptors since the dawn of r/c heli's. that doesn't make me a good flyer though. I probably had one of everything made . Now I want to be only a sport flyer. I have three trex's a logo 10 for outdoors and a few indoor electrics. I just got a Hirobo Quark - it is one of the best flying heli's I ever had. I could never fly in front of myself, I always had to stand and fly around me. Now with this I fly circles in front of me, figure 8's , stall turns, & I think their called funnels. All done halfway decient indoors. My question is: I was thinking of getting the MD530 Innovater, and was wondering if it flys similar to the quark, am I going to be over my head, or bored, or am I wasting my time. Thank you for your time.
Peter
I know this is for John but I have the Quark and the MD530. I am sure you will not be bored and it will not be over your head or wasting my time. The MD530 flies similar to the quark. It stabilizes better then a Trex. It is a little harder to fly cus as you know it is a CP heli. I LOVE mine and it is without a doubt my favorite heli. I think I am gonna sell my Trex 600 and get the EXP next.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor