SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:28 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
On Another note: New Parts for the Innovator Helis came in today At ACE and i will be making an order tomorrow. They will be in stock this Friday!
Things like 25C Batts, FRP Canopies for the EXP Head Dampers 3-levels, wooden blades, Extra Chargers, More MD530's and More EXP's.
And more parts i will know about tomorrow.
Cheers, JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
You are way off base here. If there is a Problem my Customers have:
1- Me for Help. i sell and fly both Innovators. with full parts support.
2-Ace is my Distributor and has excellent CS for me the Dealer and other Customers.
I have two t-rex 450's and the EXP fly's better than both in every way.
-JohnW
Well first off you are a seller and do not have a open opinion. One point is "I have two t-rex and the exp fly's better." Of course it dose. The computer is doing most the work? and now I have seen three videos of it flying and it looks like even the computer can't get the tail to stop shaking. My main point is yes you have the parts. First the parts list is less than a page and second If I strip a servo I will need to replace the servo unit and how much is that? Mine is $10.

This will be my last post on this out of respect of Xrayed the other would have been if someone wouldn't of tried to push my buttons and was truthful.
Maybe this will pull more people in? Or just let the rich play with helis without regard to crashing. I don't know but all the markets are pointing the other way. It is also interesting that most of the post are from people trying to sell it.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Oct 2004
31 Posts
Innovator Battery Tray

I had a hard crash on my Innovator and know every time I try to pull out the battery it's like trying to pull teeth out. I press in the yellow tabs, flip down the black lever and nothing comes out.I already broke one of the black levers and part of the plastic where the lipo battery is and I still can't get the darn battery out any suggestion before I break some thing else.
frankaarthur is offline Find More Posts by frankaarthur
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankaarthur
I had a hard crash on my Innovator and know every time I try to pull out the battery it's like trying to pull teeth out. I press in the yellow tabs, flip down the black lever and nothing comes out.I already broke one of the black levers and part of the plastic where the lipo battery is and I still can't get the darn battery out any suggestion before I break some thing else.
If you have a hard time getting the battery out this is what to do.
Push the battery in again till you here a click then push the tabs in and the battery will come out.
try that is has worked for me.
-JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:48 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Ahh, Im not torn up at all over it man Many have made the point that you cant just go out and replace things on this heli with off the shelf parts and they are correct. It is a completely different design in that way.

One of the reasons I sprung for it depsite that fact was because it was being made by TT who has the reputation of being a very good company. Its not a a heli for everybody out there and thats ok. Some like the gadget stuff and others will prefer the good old fasioned way. So far im really impressed with the build quality and how easy it is to get to and remove parts if needed. They have really thought it through pretty well. It flys fantastic once you finally get it setup correctly.
We will see how well they do over many flights and use and it looks like we have some good support from ACE and John locally in the U.S. as liason for us between them and for parts support.
The 530 and my Quark are now my favorite helis. I actually sold many of my other micros because I just lost interest in them after flying the Quark and now the TT. My 450 CopteRex's are not getting much love lately either even though they are awesome.

Happy flying
I fly my Quark almost daily. I take it for a quick spin when I get up at about 7-8am before the wind kicks up. Alot of guys who DO NOT own a Quark talk smack about them but I feel they are worth every penny.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:02 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Well first off you are a seller and do not have a open opinion. One point is "I have two t-rex and the exp fly's better." Of course it dose. The computer is doing most the work? and now I have seen three videos of it flying and it looks like even the computer can't get the tail to stop shaking. My main point is yes you have the parts. First the parts list is less than a page and second If I strip a servo I will need to replace the servo unit and how much is that? Mine is $10.

This will be my last post on this out of respect of Xrayed the other would have been if someone wouldn't of tried to push my buttons and was truthful.
Maybe this will pull more people in? Or just let the rich play with helis without regard to crashing. I don't know but all the markets are pointing the other way. It is also interesting that most of the post are from people trying to sell it.
Time to push some more buttons.
For starters, John was an OWNER before he started selling them and when he first got his he said he loved it and that was before he started to sell them.
What do you mean the computer is doing most of the work?
You have over 4K posts so you must know how to fly a heli so you should know the computer has NOTHING to do with the flying aspect. Only the setup. I am sure you already know that though.
Did you look at the most recent vid on the prevous page, the tail is fine and not shaking.
What makes you think only rich people will buy this heli?
I am far from rich and I own one. It costs about the same as any good 450 class heli. If you build a Trex 450 with all new parts it will be over $500 without a TX.
The market is NOT pointing the other way.
Most of the posts are not from people selling the heli as there is only one dealer on this thread.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Va
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
John ,when are you getting the woodies in? and do you price match??.Robco
Robco is offline Find More Posts by Robco
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Service hole in EXP body ?

Does anybody has an idea for which obviously service purpose is the little hole on the bottom of the EXP yellow body ? I can clearly see some kind of rotating switch, so you can easily (using screwdriver) change it. But what is it ???
pipka is offline Find More Posts by pipka
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:43 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipka
Does anybody has an idea for which obviously service purpose is the little hole on the bottom of the EXP yellow body ? I can clearly see some kind of rotating switch, so you can easily (using screwdriver) change it. But what is it ???
Are to talking about the slide switch with the letters I F S that is on the side of the yellow ICS unit or something else?

If so, that is to allow you to use other TXs using the the optional TX module.

Settings are Innovator, Futaba, Sanwa
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Are to talking about the slide switch with the letters I F S that is on the side of the yellow ICS unit or something else?

If so, that is to allow you to use other TXs using the the optional TX module.

Settings are Innovator, Futaba, Sanwa
No, something else. It is not from the side of the heli. It's really hole in the bottom of body. Take the heli upside down and you must see it. For the first time it looks like just a hole without purpose.
pipka is offline Find More Posts by pipka
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:16 PM
Youtube skycop216
jafo216's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2000
318 Posts
Hey John

Hey John PM sent to you via your website.

Thanks,
David.
jafo216 is offline Find More Posts by jafo216
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipka
No, something else. It is not from the side of the heli. It's really hole in the bottom of body. Take the heli upside down and you must see it. For the first time it looks like just a hole without purpose.
Hmmmm.....I havent seen that one yet then.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
Registered User
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Hmmmm.....I havent seen that one yet then.
Maybe is not intended to be used by end user, because it has no label. But, they have made it to be accessible without need to disassemble anything, so I guess it has to be important for some kind of service operation.
pipka is offline Find More Posts by pipka
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:28 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
I just Placed another Parts order today for Innovator Parts.
Here's whats new:
Wood Blades
25C Batts
EXP 3D FRP Painted Canopy
Head Dampers 40-70-80 Durometer
Elevator Arms w/bearings
Plastic Swash Plate
Mixing Levers
All Should be here Friday or Monday at the latest.
I'll get these up on the site ASAP
Cheers, JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:57 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
I thought this was posted here but it was on he other thread. If you look you will not see any tail bob like with the demo vid. It looks like they should have had this guy setup and fly the heli as it looks much smoother->

TAYA INNOVATOR MD530 (4 min 10 sec)
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Range Video system - customer support? CactusJackSlade Aerial Photography 3 Aug 30, 2007 11:28 PM
www.towerhobbies.com bad customer support! Nik-rc Vendor Talk 2 Jul 21, 2003 01:44 PM
FS: Hornet FP New Aluminum Pivot Support Upgrade FAA Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Jun 27, 2003 08:29 AM
Subscriptions: We should be notified only once that there are new posts in a thread! Ben74 Site Chat 0 Jan 07, 2003 12:04 AM
Now this is what i call Customer support kushal_22 Vendor Talk 5 Apr 21, 2002 02:16 PM