Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robco
Does this have heat sinks on the motor, or how does it stay cool or does it? Iv'e never had the body off mine, I was lucky because it will hover at half stick and I knowed to run lipos very short times when new.Xrayted I found a Timer at wal-mart 1 1/2 in" wide by 2 in" long app with min and sec up or down for 4.00 I used double sided tape to put it on the Radio at the top,I wish I could use my 2.4gz Fataba Radio with this heli ,be nice to put it on the same radio as my nitro's and Trex , I do have another 7c Fataba Radio if they come out with modules,,,,,Thanks eddr50
No heatsink. The outrunner just sits right between the frame just under the little red switch on top. If set up properly brushless motors shouldnt get that hot.
It also has a built in "fan" like top portion that pulls air through it as it spins

The modules should be here soon and thanks for the timer find info!
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Mar 08, 2009 at 09:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:11 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipka
There is a channel-6 pinout on Innovator EXP unit. I know that CH6 is used by autorotation function. But ... what happens if you disable autorotation in software ? It's possible to control some servo using ch6 ?
I saw that as well coming out of the side of the ICS. It looks like they have it set up to do what you are saying. Maybe a future application or function of some sort???
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:25 AM
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
RE: Ch6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I'll have to look but i think the switch on the radio only works on disabling the Main Motor not an actual channel. But i'll check it out.
-JohnW
So I made a test in practice I disabled autorotation in Innovator sofware. After I powered up the heli, CH6 output pinout on EXP body gives slightly over 6V between left and middle pin (power for the servo), and right pin gives voltage level depending on position of autorotation switch on TX unit.

So definitely CH6 works ! The last thing is to find suitable servo for it. I would like to try some aerial photography using this channel.
pipka is offline Find More Posts by pipka
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:26 AM
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
I saw that as well coming out of the side of the ICS. It looks like they have it set up to do what you are saying. Maybe a future application or function of some sort???
Not future, it works now See my previous post.
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:43 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Not future, it works now See my previous post.
Yes I just read this. What I was referring to was TT having the future use for it but you beat them to it Good find!

It could be used for scale lighting as well if a suitable plug is used.

How a bout a 2.4Ghz videao camera? Im not sure what voltage they need to operate.
Old Mar 08, 2009, 10:16 AM
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Yes I just read this. What I was referring to was TT having the future use for it but you beat them to it Good find!

It could be used for scale lighting as well if a suitable plug is used.

How a bout a 2.4Ghz videao camera? Im not sure what voltage they need to operate.
Understand
Oh yes, lighting is another great idea!

Video: this will be cool ... http://www.fcoiii.com/
Old Mar 08, 2009, 10:34 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Understand

Very cool. Ive seen many vids with the other Fly Cam products, and although they are reasonably priced, the vid quality was not very good.

They alway had a wavy effect to the video during playback. Im by far not an electronics guy at all, but Ive heard all sorts of explanations for this such as the camera and the heli both being on the same 2.4 Ghz frequency, Or the method the system uses to record video, but really have no idea why this happens.
Old Mar 08, 2009, 12:22 PM
Va
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
see if this works...Robco
Robco is offline Find More Posts by Robco
Old Mar 08, 2009, 12:26 PM
Va
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
look like it saved other photos from Xrayted....
Old Mar 08, 2009, 01:29 PM
Czech Republic, Europe
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Very cool. Ive seen many vids with the other Fly Cam products, and although they are reasonably priced, the vid quality was not very good.

They alway had a wavy effect to the video during playback. Im by far not an electronics guy at all, but Ive heard all sorts of explanations for this such as the camera and the heli both being on the same 2.4 Ghz frequency, Or the method the system uses to record video, but really have no idea why this happens.
Wavy videos ... yes almost all videos from helis are wavy and I'm pretty sure that is not related to electricity at all. I think that is simply vibration issue. Very little unbalance of main rotor will lead to wavy video and almost everybody place his flycamone between skids, very near to rotor vertical axis where vibrations are strongest and any unbalance is very noticable. Flycamone videos from airplanes mostly don't have such kind of issue.
Old Mar 08, 2009, 04:14 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
look like it saved other photos from Xrayted....
What did I do
Old Mar 08, 2009, 06:15 PM
Va
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
Xrayted ,my computer show's your last 2 diagrams, when I click on that pic on my computer I posted...XP gone crazy I guess...Robco
Old Mar 08, 2009, 07:02 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Understand

that camera looks awesome! and 28fps very nice!
-JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2009, 07:06 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Helicopter video in HD

Quote:
Wavy videos ... yes almost all videos from helis are wavy and I'm pretty sure that is not related to electricity at all. I think that is simply vibration issue. Very little unbalance of main rotor will lead to wavy video and almost everybody place his flycamone between skids, very near to rotor vertical axis where vibrations are strongest and any unbalance is very noticable. Flycamone videos from airplanes mostly don't have such kind of issue.
Here is a customer of mine's website his videos are NOT Wavy!
check it out in HD!
http://imageabove.com/
enjoy!
-JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2009, 07:29 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Xrayted ,my computer show's your last 2 diagrams, when I click on that pic on my computer I posted...XP gone crazy I guess...Robco
Working fine on my end. My PC opens up your pic