HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:15 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johrich
I am trying to figure out the time scale on the data logger. I cleared the memory, took one flight, and downloaded the data. The data looked good in terms of RPM values, voltages, etc. I could also easily tell where I landed towards the end of the flight and then took off again for a short time. But the time scale does not seem right. I only flew for about 5 minutes, at most. The time the battery was actually installed in the helicopter could only have been 6 or 7 minutes, which would be around 400 to 500 seconds, yet the time scale on the display ran from 0 to 1,092 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

johrich
IMHO, the unit might be the sampling time.
Your sampling time is 0.5 second, so 1092 means 546 seconds.

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
Columbus, OH
Joined Jan 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Did you just Order an EXP from me?
Can you give me a call if you did so we can go over shipping choices.
thanks, JohnW
Yeah I did. I was planning on buying from Heliproz since that's where I got my Quark, but I figured since you're the one who's been so helpful in answering my questions I might as well buy from you. Thanks again for all the help, I'm really looking forward to getting this cool heli!
cdm710 is offline Find More Posts by cdm710
Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:10 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Order Processed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm710
Yeah I did. I was planning on buying from Heliproz since that's where I got my Quark, but I figured since you're the one who's been so helpful in answering my questions I might as well buy from you. Thanks again for all the help, I'm really looking forward to getting this cool heli!
Thanks Again Chris!
Your EXP and Parts will go out Tuesday FedEx.
Cheers, JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:49 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Guys heads up on the servo connections on both Innovator Helis.
When the Battery tray is moved up and down it can wiggle the servo connector loose.
Be sure that every flight you check that the servo boots are firmly seated in the main control unit!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:01 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Guys heads up on the servo connections on both Innovator Helis.
When the Battery tray is moved up and down it can wiggle the servo connector loose.
Be sure that every flight you check that the servo boots are firmly seated in the main control unit!
-johnw
I noticed that mine are loose. They should have made the wires half inch longer. I flew 4 packs today in 6-10 mph wind. I would never attempt that with my blade 400 or Quark. My confidence level has gone up a bit since my first flight with this heli. Once I get used to it, I bet I will not even be nervous to fly in 10mph wind.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:46 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
I noticed that mine are loose. They should have made the wires half inch longer. I flew 4 packs today in 6-10 mph wind. I would never attempt that with my blade 400 or Quark. My confidence level has gone up a bit since my first flight with this heli. Once I get used to it, I bet I will not even be nervous to fly in 10mph wind.
I agree i flew my EXP in 10mph winds yesterday no sweat.
I would never have done this with my t-rex's they were to jumpy.
glad you're having so much fun with it Tony!
Cheers, JohnW
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:48 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
I think i am going to put a small about of silicone glue on the face of the boot and stick it to the control unit and that will solve any issues. and if i need to remove the connector i can just pull it off.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:32 AM
Athens, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,665 Posts
Good job

Since I fly slightly better than I use the computer which is not very good, I just wanted to compliment a few people for their help in getting me going with my EXP. John and Xrayted on this thread have been a great help and when I need parts I will be calling John and at Acehobby service, 1-800-322-7121, Leon in sales and Gabe and Rocky in customer service have been super helpful! Thanks guys for all your help and guidance.
ekotil is offline Find More Posts by ekotil
Last edited by ekotil; Apr 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekotil
Since I fly slightly better than I use the computer which is not very good, I just wanted to compliment a few people for their help in getting me going with my EXP. John and Xrayted on this thread have been a great help and when I need parts I will be calling John and at Acehobby service, 1-800-322-7121, Leon in sales and Gabe in customer service have been super helpful! Thanks guys for all your help and guidance.
Thanks and glad you found the limited info we have so far useful!! We can all learn from each other on this heli since there isnt anything else quite like it out there yet.

Happy flying
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:58 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,665 Posts
Exp

X, I lowered the voltage like you so I can re-start the heli without re-charging and I got the settings for the simulator heli when you use the Innovator transmitter. They are from top to bottom on the calibration window- 4,2,1,5,4,2,1,5 and INV or check the middle box on both 4 settings which reverses them. The rest of those middle boxes stay open. This thing is great!
Last edited by ekotil; Mar 17, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:57 PM
United States, GA, Kathleen
Joined Dec 2007
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlex
IMHO, the unit might be the sampling time.
Your sampling time is 0.5 second, so 1092 means 546 seconds.

cvlex
Of course, I bet you are right, I just looked at the title on the axis which said seconds, so I assumed units were seconds, but they are probably the number of samples. 546 seconds would be a little over 9 minutes, which might be about right from the time I plugged the battery in till I removed it. I will have to measure the time next time I fly and compare it to the data.

Thanks,

johrich
johrich is online now Find More Posts by johrich
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:24 PM
United States, GA, Kathleen
Joined Dec 2007
338 Posts
johnw

While visiting your web site, I noticed you have added the Thunder Tiger Mini Titan to your line up, are you planning to carry parts for the Mini-Titan, also? I have both a Mini-Titan and and Innovator MD-530, so if you carry parts for both, you could be my new favorite internet hobby shop.

Thanks,

johrich
johrich is online now Find More Posts by johrich
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekotil
X, I lowered the voltage like you so I can re-start the heli without re-charging and I got the settings for the simulator heli when you use the Innovator transmitter. They are from top to bottom on the calibration window- 4,2,1,5,4,2,1,5 and INV or check the middle box on both 4 settings which reverses them. The rest of those middle boxes stay open. This thing is great!
Great! I still cant get my rudder to reverse on my simulator. I dont use it and dont really care that much but for some reason my rudder is always backwards even with the INV box checked for that channel.
The FMS simulator software isnt the best, but hey its free so I cant complain
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johrich
johnw

While visiting your web site, I noticed you have added the Thunder Tiger Mini Titan to your line up, are you planning to carry parts for the Mini-Titan, also? I have both a Mini-Titan and and Innovator MD-530, so if you carry parts for both, you could be my new favorite internet hobby shop.

Thanks,

johrich
I was just chatting with John while he is out and he says he is going to be getting the Mini T parts up very soon on the web site and will be carrying full line TT heli parts. If you need something now for the the Mini T just give him a buzz and he will go ahead and get it for you prior to putting them up on the site
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:09 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,665 Posts
Inv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Great! I still cant get my rudder to reverse on my simulator. I dont use it and dont really care that much but for some reason my rudder is always backwards even with the INV box checked for that channel.
The FMS simulator software isnt the best, but hey its free so I cant complain
X, both 4's have to be inverted. I had the same problem until I inverted both of them. The rest of the INV's are left open! Maybe this will work for yours.