HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2009, 02:27 PM
Joined Oct 2008
105 Posts
Discussion
Question , can you run Nicad/Nimh battery setting using Lipo 3 cell batteries?

Yep that's right, I need to know if I can use my Thunderbird-18 esc settings with Nicad/nimh but run 3 cell lipo battery? Why you ask,, I can't get my new motor to run on there firm ware 1.05 that will let me set low volt cutoff .

The motor runs great with firm ware 1.03 but it doesn't have settings for battery low volts.
I would rather kill a battery then my scale airplane hitting low volt cutoff . Oh yes I use a timer , but you can't hear it when there are big gas airplanes flying all over you!

Anyone ever do this?
Thanks
DCT1 is offline Find More Posts by DCT1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2009, 10:29 AM
Lee Estingoy
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Joined May 2003
723 Posts
If you can wait another few weeks we'll have the software update out that brings the motor run improvements from the Phoenix beta release to the Thunderbirds.

Should solve for your concerns.

You can always set a lower cutoff voltage than you need, like 6 volts or such and the controller won't ever auto shutoff.

Lee
lestingoy is offline Find More Posts by lestingoy