Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 04, 2009, 06:05 AM
Joined Oct 2006
12 Posts
Question
FDR+100 Amp sensor+OSD, Amp not showing in OSD

Last night I installed Flight Data Recorder with OSD and 100 Amp sensor on Easy Star. I updated the latest firmware and checked with PC live mode that everything worked fine. I got correct readings from all sensor, including the Amp sensor. Problem is that OSD isn't showing Amp. It's allways 0 Amp. I double checked that i've choosen to show Electric Motor Current in the OSD. Am I missing something here?
koiravahti is offline Find More Posts by koiravahti
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2009, 02:58 AM
Joined Oct 2006
12 Posts
Still no luck with current sensor

This is getting frustrating now. I get nice readings to PC live mode and in OSD screen when the USB cable is connected to FDR. Problems start when the USB cable is disconnected: Amp is 0.0 for first 30 seconds and then it starts to show random values. Same goes with altitude and air speed.

I attached wiring diagram of my setup. Is my problem related to this double power source setup (Regulator + ESC)? I also tried to replace regulator with 4 cell NiMh battery but that didn't help.

Should I disconnect the BEC from RX and feed it's power from the regulator also?
Old Mar 06, 2009, 01:17 AM
Joined Oct 2006
12 Posts
Last night I rewired my installation disconnecting the BEC inputting +5V (see the diagram picture). That didn't help.

What's wrong? Defective products? Please help!

FDR, OSD and sensors are new. First thing I did was to install the latest firmware, release 6.93. I updated FDR and OSD. How could I find out which component is defective, the FDR or the OSD?
Old Mar 08, 2009, 09:00 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi koiravahti,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I am pretty sure everything is ok with the hardware, since you are getting an amp reading in PC live mode.

Could you please try clicking "Hardware, Configure Video OSD" and chen clicking "Reset", and then setting up your parameters again? Sorry to ask you to do this! Let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:39 AM
Joined Oct 2006
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Could you please try clicking "Hardware, Configure Video OSD" and chen clicking "Reset", and then setting up your parameters again? Sorry to ask you to do this! Let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
I just tried to reset OSD and then setup parameters again. That didn't fix it.

I downloaded data from FDR and it records Amp correct when OSD is showing random values. So it seems I got a problem with the OSD?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi koiravahti,

Thanks for the update. We need to collect some additional setting information from your OSD. Could you please email support@eagletreesystems.com and reference this thread?

Thanks!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor