HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by park aviator, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2009, 08:41 PM
Australia, NSW, McGraths Hill
Joined Mar 2008
374 Posts
Question
fokker dr1 ground looping problems

hi guys can anyone give me some ideas to reduce my fokker dr1 from ground looping when trying to take off as once it gets its wheels of the deck its fine it seems to turn to the right is it better to hold the tail on the ground till she gets some speed and then let go of the elevator or is there something else i can tweak on the airframe????? any ideas
park aviator is offline Find More Posts by park aviator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2009, 09:56 PM
Always optimistic
North of Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2005
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by park aviator
hi guys can anyone give me some ideas to reduce my fokker dr1 from ground looping when trying to take off as once it gets its wheels of the deck its fine it seems to turn to the right is it better to hold the tail on the ground till she gets some speed and then let go of the elevator or is there something else i can tweak on the airframe????? any ideas
Welcome to the DR1!

I have one of the small GP DR1s and it likes to ground loop anytime it's not pointed directly into the prevailing wind so I always make sure during T/O and landing it's right into the wind...even if that's across the runway! You definately don't want the tail skid to lift until there's plenty of breeze across the stab/rudder. Try accelerating smoothly into the wind and it should do fine.

Regards
foxflier is offline Find More Posts by foxflier