HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2003, 11:15 PM
Sayre,PA
Joined Sep 2002
1,664 Posts
How long are your Slow Stick Axles?

This winter I bought a pair of DuBro park flyer skis to use on my Slow Stick. I found the axle length (just under ˝”) to be too short to mount the skis even when I omitted the inside wheel collar. . I modified the skis so I could use them on the Slow Stick and posted the modification.

Now I read in the May issue of Backyard Flyer that they used the skis on the Slow Stick and as they put it “No modification to the gear or axles is necessary”

Am I the only one with the short axle length or did Backyard Flyer happen to get one with longer axles?
jimsp is offline Find More Posts by jimsp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2003, 01:22 AM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Re: How long are your Slow Stick Axles?

Quote:
Originally posted by jimsp
This winter I bought a pair of DuBro park flyer skis to use on my Slow Stick. I found the axle length (just under ˝”) to be too short to mount the skis even when I omitted the inside wheel collar. . I modified the skis so I could use them on the Slow Stick and posted the modification.

Now I read in the May issue of Backyard Flyer that they used the skis on the Slow Stick and as they put it “No modification to the gear or axles is necessary”

Am I the only one with the short axle length or did Backyard Flyer happen to get one with longer axles?
There are no longer axles... they are all the same ... short! I generally bend new ones if I want to use other wheels!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace