HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2003, 09:03 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Repairs underway!

Dear Fans:

Had to insert some soft foam between the SPEED 400 motor mount and the ASTRO FLIGHT 010 (14T) Direct Drive to reduce the vibration. Vibration is mostly noticable when I throttle back at 50% and the tail seems to be doing the shake - shake - shake dancing routine. This foamie was built for the lighter and less powerful IPS motor/gearbox so, it seems like I would need to not only reinforce the frame but, reduce as much vibration as possible.

Carlos.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2005, 01:32 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
This model has been sitting in my garage for too long! All I need to to make a larger wing for wing area and reconstruct the frontal fuse and she will take to the skys again!

I might consider building a new model out of Foam Meat Trays!

Instead of 30 inch wing span she will have at least 34 inches to allow for good floaty landings when using the ASTRO FLIGHT 010, 14-turn direct drive setups.

Carlos
Old Jan 28, 2005, 03:53 PM
sticky toed flyer
Methuen, Mass, United States
Joined Sep 2004
371 Posts
how about som plans guapo? She looks like a sweet flyer.
reptilerick is offline Find More Posts by reptilerick
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:36 PM
semper ventosus
Sasebo, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
992 Posts
Yeah real nice plane. I'll be a "fan" when you post some plans. Looking forward to building one of these. Good job.
weather_man is online now Find More Posts by weather_man
Last edited by weather_man; Jan 28, 2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 05:51 PM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,462 Posts
Carlos, all...

Seems like an eternity since we made this thread. Now it's back to life!!...

I still have lots of Blue Foam panels left in my garage. The truth is, I'm becoming reinspired to cut a new one again.

Maybe I'll start on a new one tomorrow. about the same size as the original. I'll still use an IPS and lypo's.

More to come...

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Jan 28, 2005, 08:30 PM
rLu
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2004
181 Posts
Can not find blue foam in Lows

Hi,

Can anyone help me find the blue foam? I went to Lowes in my area in Canoga Park, CA (just North of Los Angeles) and could not find this blue foam. The only thing they have is 4'x8' x 1/2" and 1" expanded Polyurethane covered with clear blue plastic. It seem to be weak after the plastic covers are peeled off.

What is this blue foam used for... may be I can explain it to the people at Lowes so they can order it for me.

Thanks .

Rlu
rLu is offline Find More Posts by rLu
Old Jan 29, 2005, 06:16 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rLu
Hi,

Can anyone help me find the blue foam? I went to Lowes in my area in Canoga Park, CA (just North of Los Angeles) and could not find this blue foam. The only thing they have is 4'x8' x 1/2" and 1" expanded Polyurethane covered with clear blue plastic. It seem to be weak after the plastic covers are peeled off.

What is this blue foam used for... may be I can explain it to the people at Lowes so they can order it for me.

Thanks .

Rlu
It is used for insulation. Have one of those lazy workers at Lowes look in their computer and see what store in your area might be stocking it.

If you are not going to build anything large such as beyond 36 inch wing span you may just be able to build something from bright white foam meat trays from BJ's Wholesale club from the deli. I usually go in there every month and ask for a couple of foam meat trays for Free saying that my kids have yet another science project I walk out with at least 8 trays that will be enough for one model. These foam meat trays are thicker and nicer looking than the Blue Cor and no need for tape backing to deal with.

Carlos
Old Jan 29, 2005, 09:44 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,192 Posts
g/man... nice plane !!!!
Q... What the heck does guapo mean ....boys at the field have taken UP calling me "El Guapo" ...I assumed it was flattering ???? could I be wrong ???
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
Old Jan 29, 2005, 12:35 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Guapo means handsome..... This is what I am told from several girl friends that are hispanic. I am hispanic myself but, came to the USA at a very young age....

Here's a couple of profile pic's from Richard's model, the P-51D Mustang in Blue Cor material! It flys just GREAT! Powered by the HIMAX 2015-5400 in the "D" gearing and 2 cell Li-POLYs! These were taken today!
Old Feb 01, 2005, 02:15 AM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Plans or dimensions for this Rascal? Please?

Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin