SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2009, 01:48 PM
Romford, UK
Joined Jun 2004
159 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone Stryker F27B - To recover or not?

I have been very out of touch with RC in the last couple of years and I would like to get back flying. I am planning on buying a 2.4Ghz radio after always being a RTF guy and settling with the not so good RTF transmitters. I have a stryker F-27B that is in need of some care the wings have become warped and the nose cone wreaked.

Many years ago I bought a replacement fuselage for it and was going to do a direct swap of the servos, control rods, and the RTF speed controller and receiver. I never did get around to it and so the fuselage and orginal recovered parts have been laying around.

But now i'm not sure what the most cost effective way is to go about things.. I would like to use the stryker with the new 2.4Ghz radio I will be buying and also I am investing in lipo, so I would like to use them aswell. My understanding is that I would need to change the motor and speed controller for this is that correct? Also what about the servo connections are they different in some way could I reuse the orginal ones?.. As you can see I will also need to buy some paints. So with all this I am wondering is it really worth restoring this fuselage or would it be wiser and less costly and less hassle to buy a Stryker F-27 PNP at around 100? I am not a strong builder which also adds into the mix.

Thanks for any help with this.
Trancer is offline Find More Posts by Trancer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2009, 02:35 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,840 Posts
If your missing from the pics the top cover and motor mount and fins, nosecone you might be better off buying the pnp as it will also have the motor and lipo ready esc along with a 3cell 2100s lipo if im not mistaken. You then will have a spare fuse in the event you crash Robert
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 01, 2009, 05:45 PM
Romford, UK
Joined Jun 2004
159 Posts
I do have everything for it.. the motor, motor mount, fins, and esc.

It is quite surprising how expensive just the PNP is it is near enough the same price as the RTF model.. strange that.
Trancer is offline Find More Posts by Trancer