HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by be69ar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 01, 2009, 11:43 AM
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
Trader Rating: 176
Sold
Ron Vann Spectrum Sailplanes Prism 117 V tail-almost ready to fly $300 SHIPPED UPDADE

Second UPDATE for March 6th..I completed the wiring harness this evening...Hoopes type plug with leads for wing a fuse...not mounted...also has JR type connectors on receiver ends...

UPDATE - March 6th. I installed the carbon fiber pushrods this week with clevis on the elevator ends for connecting the control horns. Also fixed the rear mounting nut on the stab mount. Not sure if this will make a difference.
Mike

OK...have you ever had one of those airplane kits that you just can't seem to finish?...this sailplane has been one for me. I've owned this kt for 6, maybe 7 years. I've worked on it on and off over a few winters and gotten it to a final finish standpoint. Its straight and everything fits as it should...I've just run out of enthusiasm to finish it.

There aren't a lot of stats that came with the instructions (included)...airfoil is a 7037, obechi over foam, glass is reinforced nicely, "V" tail saddle was marked and cut on this version...wing is sort of about the same size and planform as a Saphire.

I've got 1 coat of balsa filler and 2 coats of water based filler/sealer on all obechi surfaces and it needs a final sanding I've worked on fillng pin holes on the fuse, made up the radio tray...basically everything short of wiring and servo installation (another sore point...the HS 85MG's I planned to use...seems I was so smart I sold them to a friend some time ago - or I'm just loosing it and can't remember where I put them). Still needs paint or covering (if you choose)...or not.
$300 SHIPPED in the lower 48. Outside the US, buyer pays all shipping insurance costs. MO or certified check preferred, but I will accpet pay pal.
I've posted a few images...I can get more if need be...thanks for looking.
Mike
be69ar is offline Find More Posts by be69ar
Last edited by be69ar; Mar 07, 2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: price
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2009, 11:37 AM
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
...one of the guys I fly with saw my posting and felt sorry for me so he provided me with a set of carbon pushrods...I will install these this coming week if adding them helps to sell this airplane.
Mike
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:29 PM
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
...after 500 veiwings and no replies, I guess I'll go ahead and finish this airplane. Thanks to everyone that looked.
Mike
Closed Thread