Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:00 PM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
552 Posts
willem I did not use carbon for the landing gear,but went straight to using spring wire from the start. I bent so as to fit onto a bit of thin ply wood and cotton stitched the wire on and CA glued . I then glued the ply onto the flat body part and put a recess in the lower vertical depron so as to fit around the ply. Photo shows all .
keep posted on your new gyro......cheers Graeme

the last photo should say forward looking rear.
mintie is offline Find More Posts by mintie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:09 AM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
552 Posts
out again this evening just before dark.A bit of a breeze but still flew good.
So far this week have had 8 flights.
Finally got someone to take a few pics and movies of the gyro.
Old Jul 01, 2010, 04:17 AM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
552 Posts
Had a few more flight with the gyro......A bit dissappointed there are not a few others building this model. It is absolute fun to fly around and always creates interest when ever anybody sees it.Seems the thread has gone dead..I am now into building something else so will be signing out of this thread . cheers
Old Jul 02, 2010, 02:44 AM
Joined Sep 2008
116 Posts
Hang in there mintie. I'm building one here in Alabama, just making slow progress due to a brutal work schedule. I've been watching this thread hoping for more activity myself. Mine will be running a 1500 kv Blue Wonder on a 610 3S since I use the same stuff on a Firefly and a Yak. Let's keep this one going.
20ECHO is online now Find More Posts by 20ECHO
Old Jul 02, 2010, 08:07 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
Yeah, what he said.
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Aug 05, 2010, 03:20 AM
Joined Sep 2008
116 Posts
Work load is finally easing a bit so I may get back to building one of these. Anybody care to post some close ups of the rotor hub? Thanks
20ECHO is online now Find More Posts by 20ECHO
Old Aug 06, 2010, 12:24 AM
Kaiapoi , New Zealand
Joined Jun 2007
552 Posts
[QUOTE=20ECHO;15712992 Anybody care to post some close ups of the rotor hub? Thanks[/QUOTE]
sure just read through the posts and look at post #202
Old Dec 25, 2010, 07:57 AM
Germany (Bavaria)
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
It works - thanks for the plan

Hello,

I'm new here in this forum.
The plan and the help from the forum emtries itself give me the chance to build this Gyro. It flys since three days.
I only modified the rotor itself by adding two mini ball bearings (2mm) and use some 2mm Polystyrol plates instead of the Depron circle parts for the 120 Rotor ((after the first crash (due to slow rotor rpm at start phase) the Depron was broken). With that small mod the rotors free movement is much better and the rotor is much more stable during flight.
In addition I mixed up some percent of roll to the right based on the engine speed setting (I had some problems before: I have to roll a lot to the right if the engine speed was set in the above last quarter). With this mix it is much easier for me to fly.
Alex
AlGr is offline Find More Posts by AlGr
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:44 AM
R/C Junkie
Claremore, OK, USA
Joined Feb 2004
369 Posts
Have any pics? Would love to see some.

Brian
Sonex128 is offline Find More Posts by Sonex128
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Germany (Bavaria)
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
Hello Brian,

currently not. I have no possibility at the moment to make pictures.

Alex
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:47 PM
Fly, crash, spend, Fly...?
reno
Joined Feb 2009
213 Posts
I just found this thread through this video on youtube. Great video, I never thought that a gyrocopter could do the things it does in some of your videos!! (quick loops and rools, hover, high alfa) nice job! And it sounded really windy, for a 6-7 oz craft it did amazingly well with the wind. Just what I'm looking for, a great indoor AND outdoor flyer. I have been doing helis and 3d planes for a couple years now and love it. Now I will be putting one of these ( and a Mr Twister) in my hangar. Lets keep this thread going. Will post pics of my build as soon as I get going on it.
Again thanks fo the great video that brought me here.
Autogyro Fun Outdoors (2 min 1 sec)
ant141110 is offline Find More Posts by ant141110
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:43 AM
Joined Feb 2007
3,657 Posts
Did you check out Gary's (SR71fan) mini piyak or dark pi stealth vidoes? Excellent as well and can be found in the scratchbuilt forum. Link to Gary's vids on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sr71afan#p/u
tymbrewolf is offline Find More Posts by tymbrewolf
Old Jan 05, 2011, 10:29 AM
Germany (Bavaria)
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
AG3 with skies

Hello,

due to the lot of snow in Bavaria I modified the AG3 by using some simple depron skis instead of wheels.
It works - the ski could be a little bit bigger because starting from loose snow they grab a little bit into it.
Problem are the humps in the snow - the AG3 then often create a kind of headstand but in general it works better to start from a snown street with the ski instead of the whees.

Next think I want to try is the use of a two blade rotor...

Alex
Last edited by AlGr; Jan 05, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:09 AM
Duh
grain valley mo, or about 25 minutes east of kansas city
Joined Jan 2004
595 Posts
try plastic whiffle golf balls instead of skis, they go across the snow great, ussually even the powder. they look cool too throwing up snow as happily roll across the top of the snow.
Jason
crashawk is offline Find More Posts by crashawk
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:27 AM
Germany (Bavaria)
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
nice idea. I will try it...
Alex