SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
815 Posts
Discussion
Fly Sky FS-CT6A Users Group

I just received a Fly Sky Model FS-CT6A transmitter and matching receiver from SN Hobbies. I downloaded the manual, and its somewhat helpful, but I can already see that I'm going to have lots of learning to do in order to program this transmitter on my PC. I haven't seen much on RCG about this transmitter, so I thought I'd start this thread for owners of this radio to help out each other by exchanging information. So far, I have three issues in trying to program the transmitter for my Align heli:

1. I hooked up my transmitter to my PC successfully, and was moving the sticks and watching the graphics move. Channels 1,2,4,VR(A) and VR(B) all showed a response, but the throttle stick (Channel 3) did not show any response.

2. After being hooked up for a while, the PC graphics stopped responding to ANY of the stick inputs, but it continued to respond to the VR knobs. My battery condition LED changed somewhere along the line from green to amber. I'm going to recharge and see if that makes any difference.

3. My device manager shows (I think) that I've got software associated with COM5 port, but the PC program shows that I'm using COM1, and it won't let me change it. Is this a matter of the radio using a parallel port, and COM5 is only used if I hook up to a serial port?

If anybody else out there has this radio, I'd appreciate any input that you might have. Any others with questions on this radio, please feel free to add your questions on this thread. Thanks!
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:14 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
815 Posts
Ok, I just put in some non-zero values for SWASH AFR, and now all of the stick inputs show up on my graph. Can anybody tell me what SWASH AFR is???
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:23 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,291 Posts
You should stop by the Exceed Blueray thread and search within the thread on 't6config'. Most of us use that radio and we've been through what you're going through

Swash AFR.. can't remember the acronym, but it controls the movement of your swash in percentage. 1st 2 are pitch/roll (or was it roll/pitch?) and the 3rd one is collective. The order of the 1st 2 doesn't really matter as they are normally the same. You can make the values + or - depending on how your servos are placed in your frame. Typically us beginners use 50/50/80 (or -50/-50/80). So your right stick inputs will move the swash 50% of pitch and roll (of the possible travel) and your left stick will move the collective (not throttle, that's different) 80% of its possible travel.

OH if for some reason the software can't connect to the right com port, I unplug the tx, go into device manager, find the used com port I think that has a conflict, and uninstall. Then plug in the tx and start t6config and you should be able to select that one.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:10 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
GOOD GRIEF!!! ITS HARD ENOUGH JUST LEARNING TO FLY THIS FREEKIN HELI!!
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Jul 08, 2009, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
hallo every one i just had the flysky 2.4ghz transmitter ,ive set it up and it came in ithink mode one.which i think the trottle on right side, so i change it to mode 2 but i cannot change alerons or elavator .the elavator when i push forward on stick swash goes backwards and same with alerons could some body help because it is driving me mad.
c ward is offline Find More Posts by c ward
Old Jul 08, 2009, 03:54 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
C ward, you might need to change the servo reversing.

I am having a similar problem to the one that Chatenever originally documented. Did you CHANGE the AFR values, and then it stopped responding, or did they change on their own? Why would the sticks just stop working?

I will try some AFR values and see if that fixes it...
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Last edited by Telemachus; Jul 08, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2009, 03:16 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
how do i do that m8
Old Jul 09, 2009, 03:22 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
hello telemachus it is all new to me the digital side i am used to fm ,i havent been flying long .so i dont know the jargon very well so could you explain plese what afr is
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
rocket science do you know anything about digital tx ,because i have the flysky 2.4ghz
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:08 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
c ward... is there a local hobby shop that can help you setup the swash? It can be very difficult your first time.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:53 AM
Adaminaby NSW Aust
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
Hi can any one help i have a Fly Sky Model FS-CT6A and was wanting to know on the TX which is the positive signal side .... ie: which way round do the plugs go into it. Also does the speed controller plug into number three like on most other TX's
hope some one can help me
Thanks
have fun
Dingo
happy-dingo is offline Find More Posts by happy-dingo
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:13 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
815 Posts
I assume that you meant to say RX instead of TX. If so, the servos plug into the RX with the signal wire (white or yellow) on the inside, the ground wire on the outside. With all receivers that I am familiar with, if you plug the servo or the BEC into the receiver backwards, you won't do damage, as the (+) red wire is in the center whether you hook it up properly or improperly. If you hook it up wrong, it just won't work.

The BEC from the ESC plugs into channel no.3.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 09:51 PM
Adaminaby NSW Aust
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
Thnx Chatenever I put the same post in a couple places and the replys like your are helpfull to and electrical idiot like me and yes i was meaning the RX not the TX as i posted it. I was trying to multi task when i wrote the post. Next step learning how to program the TX hehehe more fun n games

Have Fun
Dingo
happy-dingo is offline Find More Posts by happy-dingo
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:55 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
334 Posts
Hello friend. I hope this can help you. Ihave the EXCEED and I just Recieved my FS-CT6a.
T6Config install (8 min 30 sec)

Exceed RC 2.4GHz R/C Radio System Setup Instruction Part 1 (9 min 46 sec)

Exceed RC 2.4GHz R/C Radio System Setup Instruction Part 2 (4 min 8 sec)
I Hope Ths helps You. Keep Flying Up.
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:58 PM
Joined Nov 2009
157 Posts
hey guys,
i have this radio and was wondering if someone on this thread could tell me how to set up one of the switches to do a bomb drop/retracts. NOT HOW TO MAKE A BOMB DROP OR RETRACTS but how to make the switch, when switched on, move a servo to do these sort of things. people had some confusion on another thread when i said " setup one of the switches to do a bomb drop/retracts".
rcjetflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by rcjetflyer2