HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2011, 03:48 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Hi

After sticking turbulators, I shrunk aileron deflection, the outer ucinosti than previous large fluctuations. In my subjective opinion, the improved properties in dead air.
fly-up85 is offline Find More Posts by fly-up85
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2011, 04:01 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,421 Posts
I can believe your findings on aileron power. Maybe we should do more experiments with turbulators... However, in dead air Aspire steers quite nicely with mostly rudder. I keep ailerons mostly centered while floating.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old May 08, 2011, 05:37 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
Turbulators using these for over a year, I had them well on their two previous Aspire, when I stuck them at least for many first time I tested, in the early hours + - 5:30 (crazy) and all tests were based on better ...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:58 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
can any post their setups . with cg , throws and elevator neutral
tomin is offline Find More Posts by tomin
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,312 Posts
Question - has anyone had an issue with the wing connectors? A friend of mine just finished his standard full carbon Aspire and told me that his wing goes dead when he tightens the bolts down. Only the right flap works, the other 3 servos are dead. Loosen the bolts and it apparently works again.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue wand what they did to resolve it.

Mine is perfect and never had an issue, not have any of the other people I fly with, so this appears to be an isolated issue, but I thought I would ask anyhow.
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,114 Posts
Guessing a short in the wiring - maybe with the carbon.
SHVentus is online now Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:11 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,912 Posts
Never had an issue either. Has to be a short. Check easiest side first... ;-) duh!

Mike

PS the "duh!" was for me. I have a strong tendancy to state the obvious
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Last edited by FLY F3B; Sep 20, 2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,810 Posts
Bill have him contact me. This isn't Darwin is it???? LJ
Larry Jolly is online now Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,312 Posts
Problem solved. The plane was re-soldered by the user (inside the fuse) and those wires were the issue. The stock wiring is perfect and not an issue. The moral of the story is don't fix what ain't broke.
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:01 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
New fuselage for Aspire electro

Hi guys

We are pleased to present to you the hot news from Luboš Pazderka, the first series-produced electro Aspire fuselage , the fuselage is designed for FAI competition, the cone diameter 38 mm, ballast tube. Excellent weapon for FAI competition. Flying weight with Spred tow wing is 1,900 grams.

powerplant: HET2W with Kontronik 5,2:1 gear 125g Castle creation ICE LITE 50 , 3s Hyperion 1100mAh

Bohuslav
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:17 AM
In F3J size does matter!
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
841 Posts
Very nice,

It seems the setup is configured around 400 to 500 watt which is kind of low…I'm assuming it isn't UNLIMITED setup.
Could you tell us a bit about the new rules or proposals this setup aims for?
Also, What is the status of the proposals in the FAI or when will it become an official event?

Roy
roydor is online now Find More Posts by roydor
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:07 AM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Apr 2008
551 Posts
I guess that it is for the new provisinal FAI class from 2012 that has a 30 s window to reach startheight, where you measure the largest height reached from when it leaves your hand to 10 s after motor is turned off, and you deduct 0,5 points for every meter of height up to 200 and then 3 points above that from your flight score.
Fluffracka is offline Find More Posts by Fluffracka
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:26 PM
In F3J size does matter!
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffracka View Post
I guess that it is for the new provisinal FAI class from 2012 that has a 30 s window to reach startheight, where you measure the largest height reached from when it leaves your hand to 10 s after motor is turned off, and you deduct 0,5 points for every meter of height up to 200 and then 3 points above that from your flight score.
It's an interesting proposal, a bit technical (calibrated specialized equipment?) but offers some interesting strategies for development.
For one it appears that its unwise to launch any higher than 200 meters and since motor time is not measured (?) but limited to 30 seconds then you could size the motor for 200meters/30seconds or 6.6 meters/sec climbs (200 watt/kg?) and use cheaper and lighter motor setups.
You can use the motor to climb your way in the direction of a read and once the climb seems better than it should, you're in a good air (easy to read with an underpowered setup). Then you cut the motor at the lowest altitude you dare (hopefully in the air you found with the motor on) and continue the flight from that altitude gaining some points due to lower climb altitude (lower penalty).
This should reward good pilots for super low climbs and keep the motor system prices reasonable.
My only question is what is its status of this proposal since I couldn't find any info on it on the FAI web site.
Is it being practiced in competitions currently?
Is there a written proposal on the table for the next CIAM meeting?
roydor is online now Find More Posts by roydor
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:23 PM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor View Post
It's an interesting proposal, a bit technical (calibrated specialized equipment?) but offers some interesting strategies for development.
For one it appears that its unwise to launch any higher than 200 meters and since motor time is not measured (?) but limited to 30 seconds then you could size the motor for 200meters/30seconds or 6.6 meters/sec climbs (200 watt/kg?) and use cheaper and lighter motor setups.
You can use the motor to climb your way in the direction of a read and once the climb seems better than it should, you're in a good air (easy to read with an underpowered setup). Then you cut the motor at the lowest altitude you dare (hopefully in the air you found with the motor on) and continue the flight from that altitude gaining some points due to lower climb altitude (lower penalty).
This should reward good pilots for super low climbs and keep the motor system prices reasonable.
My only question is what is its status of this proposal since I couldn't find any info on it on the FAI web site.
Is it being practiced in competitions currently?
Is there a written proposal on the table for the next CIAM meeting?
Hello roydor
Read all about the new FAI F5J here, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...as+fai&page=89 and also much good info in the below webpages.

FAI F5J Proposal, http://f5j.eu/w/index.php?title=FAI_F5J_Proposal

FAI F5J limiter spec, http://f5j.eu/w/index.php?title=FAI_F5J_limiter_spec

The best knowledge bank for the FAI-F5J class, Palova Personal Page, http://www.rivamodels.sk/PPP/palo_00en.html
Take your time when you read Palos website, where you will find very good info.

/Ville
liukku is offline Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
There's Something in the Air
United States, NH, Hillsborough
Joined Jul 2005
265 Posts
So what are the newest and greatest modifications to the Aspire for 2012?
Ne-Aero is offline Find More Posts by Ne-Aero