HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:46 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
So............. Are you guys still as impressed with this model as you once were? I'm going to buy something in the near future... just not sure what.

Jack

PS... How would one vandalize an Aspire???

Jack,
I thought about your question......I am guessing you could get the most effect by putting a SKIP MILLER Models Sticker on it...... LJ
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Dec 31, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:38 AM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
Jack,
I thought about your question......I am guessing you could get the most effect by putting a SKIP MILLER Models Sticker on it...... LJ
But then you'd see it plastered all over the place as the second coming. Better to keep it a secret.

JT
jtlsf5 is offline Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:21 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
780 Posts
Quote:
So............. Are you guys still as impressed with this model as you once were? I'm going to buy something in the near future... just not sure what.

Jack

Jack,
Geeze Larry, always finding opportunities to take jabs at us. Aren't you?

Cody
cody303 is offline Find More Posts by cody303
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:00 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2006
197 Posts
Quote:

Jack

Jack,
Wow!
Bobalew is offline Find More Posts by Bobalew
Old Jan 06, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody303 View Post
Geeze Larry, always finding opportunities to take jabs at us. Aren't you?

Cody
Cody... Think of it as free advertising...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:24 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Aspire/ST/Disser..

Hungry for more Aspire chatter. Are the new lighter versions flying any better than my 79 oz original? I can't imagine, but would like to hear about it.. Brian
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2004
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Hungry for more Aspire chatter. Are the new lighter versions flying any better than my 79 oz original? I can't imagine, but would like to hear about it.. Brian
I would say lighter is better you can always add weight tuff to go on a diet

if you scan classifieds some top pilots have moved on to lighter Aspires what does that tell you.

still a great flying ship and have seen 80oz Aspires hang in some light air BUT must be ez on sticks.

sj
SmokinJoe101 is offline Find More Posts by SmokinJoe101
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
classifieds???

I have not seen any on the classifieds?? Where- when- how much- who- on and on?? . Brian
Old Apr 11, 2011, 01:32 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
Brian,
Not sure what you are asking for but, the Aspire has never been at a real disadvantage even in it's standard 68 Carbon layup. I am basing that on the standard comps we have here in the US. The lighter versions are sweet and do offer better handling. I flew at the Torrey Pines Gulls monthly yesterday, the Aspire was the most numerous glider there. Mike Smith kicked major butt flying his all Disser 72 ounce model dropping 12 points over 4 rounds, non normalized scoring.... We are waiting for the first Spread Tow versions to show up here in early June. The ST Aspires will offer the next step for Aspire flyers. I have been impressed with the photos from Lubos, of the new versions and expect a new major step in lowering the all up weight. I am thinking that with the STs you will be looking at a 68-70 ounce all up. I am welcoming the new ST's because there is no down side in strength so you can order one version and use it for all conditions. For the finals I will have 3 ST Aspires in my quiver...
Photos are Mikes Disser Aspire, and the others are the first 2St ASpires for the US Ben Clerx's in orange and mine in Red versy attractive gliders.
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Apr 11, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
sweet....

Thanks.......

Quote:
Brian,
Not sure what you are asking for but, the Aspire has never been at a real disadvantage even in it's standard 68 Carbon layup. I am basing that on the standard comps we have here in the US. The lighter versions are sweet and do offer better handling. I flew at the Torrey Pines Gulls monthly yesterday, the Aspire was the most numerous glider there. Mike Smith kicked major butt flying his all Disser 72 ounce model dropping 12 points over 4 rounds, non normalized scoring.... We are waiting for the first Spread Tow versions to show up here in early June. The ST Aspires will offer the next step for Aspire flyers. I have been impressed with the photos from Lubos, of the new versions and expect a new major step in lowering the all up weight. I am thinking that with the STs you will be looking at a 68-70 ounce all up. I am welcoming the new ST's because there is no down side in strength so you can order one version and use it for all conditions. For the finals I will have 3 ST Aspires in my quiver...
Photos are Mikes Disser Aspire, and the others are the first 2St ASpires for the US Ben Clerx's in orange and mine in Red versy attractive gliders.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,294 Posts
Brian, the Aspire looks excellent in Orange as well.

Bill
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:55 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Orange

My color.. Where can I find one? ... Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
Brian, the Aspire looks excellent in Orange as well.

Bill
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,294 Posts
Can't have mine, that's for sure!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Happily Addicted
Gold Coast
Joined Jan 2009
158 Posts
Does anyone know the best place to get a ST and how long is the wait.
I really want one by June but am I just dreaming???
Shane
Iwanufly is offline Find More Posts by Iwanufly
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:28 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Gotta talk to Larry if you are hear in the states...

Mike.
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B