Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Clerx View Post
No, it's not obsolete.
YES it is. I am sure of it........

OK, my wife has walked away. I am kidding (mostly) about being obsolete, but that is the only way I can justify "needing" a newer new plane.

Quote:
the lighter one is just a bit more forgiving of sloppy flying.
Hence my "needing" it

Quote:
If you already own a standard Aspire, just add the Disser tips to lose 4 ounces. While the lighter weight is nice, you'll more likely notice the improved handling with the lighter tips.
I think this is the likely path I'll take in the short term.

For those reading this thread, trust me if I let you fly mine you would never know what it weighed. It really does fly "light". I got a few more flights today. Hope to winch it tomorrow.
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:26 PM
KC6ZZS
Newport Beach, CA USA
Joined Apr 2008
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
YES it is. I am sure of it........

OK, my wife has walked away. I am kidding (mostly) about being obsolete, but that is the only way I can justify "needing" a newer new plane.

Hence my "needing" it

I think this is the likely path I'll take in the short term.

For those reading this thread, trust me if I let you fly mine you would never know what it weighed. It really does fly "light". I got a few more flights today. Hope to winch it tomorrow.
You're right, it is obsolete. I'll buy that heavy pig of yours for 500 bucks. Give the money to your wife to spend on new shoes and she'll let you buy whatever new plane you want. Trust me, it works. That's the only way your wife will let you get another plane. Did I mention how fine my new LIGHT Aspire flies? You simply must have one. I'll give you my shipping address later. Pack that heavy pig carefully now
Ben Clerx is offline Find More Posts by Ben Clerx
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:25 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,347 Posts
Quote:
You're right, it is obsolete. I'll buy that heavy pig of yours for 500 bucks. Give the money to your wife to spend on new shoes and she'll let you buy whatever new plane you want. Trust me, it works. That's the only way your wife will let you get another plane. Did I mention how fine my new LIGHT Aspire flies? You simply must have one. I'll give you my shipping address later. Pack that heavy pig carefully now
Sadly it is already adorned with FUTABA logos done in a indelible substance that would result in the utter destruction of the airframe if they were to be removed. I simply could not burden you with having to fly such a disfigured plane. And $500 bucks would not buy my wife "shoes". "Shoe" is more like it!!!

Sadly it seems it is my fate to suffer with the lead sled I have and look with envy upon those flying the latest, greatest airframes. Fortunately those will be obsolete as well by the middle of next week so I will have company in my misery soon enough.
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:33 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,680 Posts
"FOMS"

The Flavor Of the Month Syndrome.
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:39 AM
KC6ZZS
Newport Beach, CA USA
Joined Apr 2008
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
Sadly it is already adorned with FUTABA logos done in a indelible substance that would result in the utter destruction of the airframe if they were to be removed. I simply could not burden you with having to fly such a disfigured plane. And $500 bucks would not buy my wife "shoes". "Shoe" is more like it!!!

Sadly it seems it is my fate to suffer with the lead sled I have and look with envy upon those flying the latest, greatest airframes. Fortunately those will be obsolete as well by the middle of next week so I will have company in my misery soon enough.
The Futaba "pumpkin patches" you defaced your flying machine with will match nicely with my other orange Aspires, so I will tolerate that oversight. Normally, that would reduce my offer, but I agree that your wife would need both shoes if she plans on using them for walking. I realize how much women's shoes cost because I see my wife's Neiman Marcus bill every month, so I raise my offer to $700 for your grossly substandard, but well fed, Aspire. That amount will provide for a pair of shoes because Neiman Marcus has a sale going on (ask me how I know Don't worry about the packing the Aspire, I can come pick it up.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2004
919 Posts
[QUOTE=Ben Clerx;15911540]I agree that your wife would need both shoes if she plans on using them for walking. I realize how much women's shoes cost because I see my wife's Neiman Marcus bill every month, so I raise my offer to $700 for your grossly substandard, but well fed, Aspire. That amount will provide for a pair of shoes because Neiman Marcus has a sale going on (ask me how I know

I would hope your wife cleans house and bathroom in those shoes

or does she have special Neiman Marcus cleaning shoes

sj
SmokinJoe101 is offline Find More Posts by SmokinJoe101
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,793 Posts
$701.00...........
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,868 Posts
Jack please contact me when you have time. I wanted to let anyone out there that might be interested in ASPIRE that I have an order working with Lubos that is due in October. I have 3 open slots on that order that can be made in your color scheme. Disser versions are available. If you want one contact me at Ljolly@aol.com. Thanks LJ
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Aug 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:20 PM
KC6ZZS
Newport Beach, CA USA
Joined Apr 2008
245 Posts
[QUOTE=SmokinJoe101;15920830]
Quote:
I agree that your wife would need both shoes if she plans on using them for walking. I realize how much women's shoes cost because I see my wife's Neiman Marcus bill every month, so I raise my offer to $700 for your grossly substandard, but well fed, Aspire. That amount will provide for a pair of shoes because Neiman Marcus has a sale going on (ask me how I know

sj
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:30 PM
KC6ZZS
Newport Beach, CA USA
Joined Apr 2008
245 Posts
[QUOTE=SmokinJoe101;15920830]
Quote:
I agree that your wife would need both shoes if she plans on using them for walking. I realize how much women's shoes cost because I see my wife's Neiman Marcus bill every month, so I raise my offer to $700 for your grossly substandard, but well fed, Aspire. That amount will provide for a pair of shoes because Neiman Marcus has a sale going on (ask me how I know

sj
(Oops, hit the submit button too soon on the above post).

Yes, she does. How did you know? One way of telling how much my wife spends at Neiman Markus is when I walk into the store (with shorts and a crummy T-shirt), and the manager comes up to me and says, "Mr. Clerx, may I offer you a glass of champagne?" . Gee, is that to dull the pain of the next bill? Damn, she must spend a lot of time and money here for the manager to kiss my feet.

Actually, she's not that bad.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:12 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to order an Aspire or 2 and am not having any luck trying to contact Lubos on the email listed on his website (info@f3j.cz) Can any other Euro side Aspire owners please let me know the order procedure they went through. I'm guessing I'll need to get on the phone.

Cheers,

Ben
squareben is offline Find More Posts by squareben
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:54 PM
KC6ZZS
Newport Beach, CA USA
Joined Apr 2008
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareben View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to order an Aspire or 2 and am not having any luck trying to contact Lubos on the email listed on his website (info@f3j.cz) Can any other Euro side Aspire owners please let me know the order procedure they went through. I'm guessing I'll need to get on the phone.

Cheers,

Ben

Give him a few days to reply since he has young kids at home. Answering email isn't his main priority these days. Try again after a week.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:56 AM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Thanks Ben.

My first email (from a work account) bounced back a day later, but i sent another on tuesday from a google account which seems to have landed. I'll give it some time.

ben
squareben is offline Find More Posts by squareben
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:23 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,270 Posts
Quick XFLR simulation of rough measurements of Aspire. Airfoil is tracing of end of center panel. Various CG and up to .25Kg ballast.
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:28 PM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnnwizard View Post
Quick XFLR simulation of rough measurements of Aspire. Airfoil is tracing of end of center panel. Various CG and up to .25Kg ballast.
Thanks Can you please do another estimation with 3kg AUW. I want to learn more about medium/strong wind performance compared to an empty plane.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo