HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:20 AM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,449 Posts
+1 what Bill said...

As one of the early adopters of the Pike series in SoCal TD (starting with the Superior in 2003), I have six years between the Superiors and Perfects. Switched to Aspire in 2009 because it immediately felt comfortable; for me it worked light air really well and turned/handled a bit better. Subjective decisions that everyone will approach differently.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kindrick View Post
Larry,

I just do not see what you mention when they fly against me in competition. As you know I have countless hours on the Perfect as well with documented results. I've yet to see this with an Aspire.

Best to you,

Keith
Dang Keith, cleaning up on all the competition huh? Small Pond?

The Perfect must suck since Bob beat you with a Supra at the Fresno contest right? Hmm, I just thought it was Bob flying well.

I like Bill's answer, and Watson's too. Ive owned both Perfects and Aspires and they both remove my excuses why I am not in the winners circle.

BTW, I also prefer the Aspire. I will likely be flying it for a few more years.
djklein21 is offline Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,185 Posts
I guess I need to dump my Perfects... Old technology. Maybe next year I can Aspire to something.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
I guess I need to dump my Perfects... Old technology. Maybe next year I can Aspire to something.
There is actually less than one year difference between Aspire and perfect. I got my first Aspire Feb 2007.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Apr 23, 2010, 05:55 PM
Joined Feb 2007
374 Posts
Wow DJ... What a way with words. Not sure where that came from?
For the record, Bob did an outstanding job of flying in those conditions and he flew a plane that he's very comfortable with and knowledgeable about. It was a lot of fun hangin' in there with him. You should have been there. Not quite sure where the closest placing Aspire was. Do you know?
Gee Whiz.... Even Mark Browning flew his Zenith instead of his Aspire.

I too agree with Bill's well written response. Find a plane you like and fly it all the time.

How’s that Aspire working out for you? Are you doing any better these days than you did in years past with the Perfect?

Come on up and fly with us sometime. Get out of San Diego for a day. No small pond here. The Lake is Huge and we'd love to see you put your Aspire and your skill sets on display.

Best regards,

Keith
Keith Kindrick is offline Find More Posts by Keith Kindrick
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:11 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,347 Posts
One other thing to keep in mind is that regardless of the plane you are flying, if you fail to make your time you know whose fault it is. Your timer of course. No amount of pilot skill and design advantage can make up for a timer who cannot call air for you.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kindrick View Post

Come on up and fly with us sometime. Get out of San Diego for a day. No small pond here. The Lake is Huge and we'd love to see you put your Aspire and your skill sets on display.

Best regards,

Keith
YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on! Now that would be FUN to WATCH!! A Slope guy trying to keep up with a Level 5 Veteran. Hahahahaha
Weav
Mytee Weav is offline Find More Posts by Mytee Weav
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:43 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Again, my point was the same as the rest, you can't judge a plane because no one near you flies it.

I did say , "I like Bill's answer, and Watson's too. Ive owned both Perfects and Aspires and they both remove my excuses why I am not in the winners circle."

When I challenge people, they know it. I will be a bit tied up practicing for the B team this year. My Aspire might not even make it out of the garage till after the TS this fall. I am signed up for the SVSS contest in Davis in 2 months. I'll see you guys there. We will see if I fly the B plane to get more practice or the Aspire. The retrievers scare me with the B plane.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:00 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Houston
Joined Dec 2006
478 Posts
gliding Oz is offline Find More Posts by gliding Oz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:05 PM
Joined Mar 2005
182 Posts
As we say in racing, when the green flag drops - the BS stops

Ron
Ronald Mong is offline Find More Posts by Ronald Mong
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:21 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,675 Posts
How would it be to equal someone in a TD contest while flying an F3B plane??

That would be pretty impressive!

Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Houston
Joined Dec 2006
478 Posts
Hey Target,
Funny you should say that.
http://www.lsfaustralia.org.au/eventsj.html
Michael Rae beat JW and the rest of the pilots at a F3J contest flying a F3B aircraft (Furio) late last year in Australia.
It is all up to the pilot doing the best with the tools they have and know.

Cheers,
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
How would it be to equal someone in a TD contest while flying an F3B plane??

That would be pretty impressive!

Target
gliding Oz is offline Find More Posts by gliding Oz
Site Sponsor
Last edited by gliding Oz; Apr 24, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:36 AM
Sydney
Joined Mar 2005
80 Posts
Are you guys referring to the standard Perfect or ET when comparing to the Aspire??
Lowey is offline Find More Posts by Lowey
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:02 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,527 Posts
Hey guys, I made a mistake when sidetracking this discussion. Lets get back on track to discussing the Lubos built Aspire.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:59 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,861 Posts
Keith,
I am trying to figure the reasons for your posts here but I am guessing that you think that We are wrong and that your Perfect is a better performer. I am willing to indulge your position, and will admit that I have a different one.
I will state that it is my experience that a box stock Aspire will Launch faster,has better legs, circles better, and out lands a stock Perfect. If you like I will take your challenge and put an Aspire up against your Perfect. If you can come up with a method to test handling let me know. If you want to use loggers We can do the before sun-up launch and hang method to test sink rates as well. Larry
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly