SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:13 PM
Scott Stoops
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2002
8,415 Posts
Looking for advice on best True 3d Ship for Hacker B20-15L 4:1

Hi guys,
I'm looking for some advice on the best overall 3d ship for a Hacker B20-15L 4:1 motor and 9-10 cell Kan 950 packs. I have been flying a Stevens Cap, Miniflash, and Flashback all with the Hackers and 9-10 cell KAN, Hecells, and 3s 3270 kokams.

I am familiar with some of the designs but want more info on your best reccomendations. What I'd REALLY like is a scaled down E3D for the small Hacker if it existed... What's closest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Scott
sukhoi26mx is offline Find More Posts by sukhoi26mx
Last edited by sukhoi26mx; Mar 18, 2003 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:24 PM
Palm Bay, FL, USA
Joined May 2001
1,236 Posts
Diablotin Micro

Check the Diablotin Micro.
Put 10 cells on it and you have unlimited vertical.
modest-master is offline Find More Posts by modest-master
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:44 PM
Extra 330L
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Joined Apr 2002
979 Posts
ZB has one of these micros in a blue covering that looks great too! ~ He needs to 'update' his good deals page and add it!
I have a B20 (26 wind) that I fly a 'pretty', he sold me..

The 15 wind would be a better choice for it if I could do it over again..

Rob
Rob Honeycutt is offline Find More Posts by Rob Honeycutt
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:06 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
ZB;

What colors does the Micro come in?
The pretty as well?

Which is a better performer?

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:18 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,585 Posts
How about the Lil 3Der, a free plan I've got. Second best 3D ship I"ve flown, and perfect for the Hacker you mention.

Span: 36"
Length: 37"
Weight: 15.5 oz
Wing area 390 sq. in.
8 cell Hecell or 600AE cells.

I'm working on the fuselage version right now. I'll post a pic of it in the bones.

Here she is.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:24 AM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,585 Posts
An in the bones shot of the fuselage version. Will have landing gear too. The Fuselage top is pointed like an E3D. I didn't mean to, but the fuselage turned out looking a lot like an E3D. Should fly very well though. The wing specs are the same as the one above.

I use a Carbon fiber tube leading edge for strength and so you don't have to sand the leading edge. Makes for some sharp stall characteristics, which I"m liking for the entry into some manuevers.

I've flown the first one indoors once, so its that slow. It'll slow down as slow as a slow stick if you want it to, and hovering is a thing of beauty.

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2003, 05:58 AM
F3B enthousiast!
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Oct 2002
1,404 Posts
Scott,
i was looking for the exact same thing as you.
i have an E3D Hacker set up already and was looking for a scaled down version of it to be able to fly in parks (even though the E3D does that very well )...and i went for a Mikro Diablotin, better than a Mini Laser 3D i think and it looks very good.
i have a Hacker B20-15L geared for it and will try 8/9 HE cells packs on APC Slow Fly 11x7 and 11x4.7
guillaume
guillaume83 is offline Find More Posts by guillaume83
Old Mar 19, 2003, 09:44 AM
Scott Stoops
Joined Mar 2002
8,415 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys!. I'll check them out.

Paul,
I'm very interested in your plane (particularly the full fuse one). Looks like exactly what I'd want. Is the Lil 3D'er on your site? I'll check it out. I'd be interested in a kit of the full fuse one (planning a kit?). If it'll really come in at 15-18 oz with the Hacker and say 9 Kan 950 cells that will fill a hole in the market. Everything else seems for the most part to be in the 20+ oz range.

Thanks Paul.

BTW your Meridian pattern ship is beautiful. Nice work by the designer and kitter both!

-Scott
Old Mar 19, 2003, 11:50 AM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,585 Posts
Scott,
I don't know if this will get kitted, it probably will, but if you want one badly enough, I might be able to work something out for you now.

I don't have it on my site, but I can tell you more about it if you'd like. I'd say with 9 cells and the landing gear, it will probably be at the 18oz range, but it will still fly verrrry slowly even at that. If you've seen the videos of the Airwave Sukhoi fly, this is similar in flight characteristics.

The best part of it is that it is so light on the controls.

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:42 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Paul, that looks very nice. I'd certainly be interested in one if it goes to kit.

Scott:
One other option might be the "no name" plane that Mike Hall is about to kit. Here's a linkNew 3D flyer design looks like that may be right up your alley.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Last edited by Jim McPherson; Mar 20, 2003 at 12:00 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 02:48 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
I see Paul mentioned it but the Airwave Sukhoi would get my vote. If you don't want the kit version then there is a good clone: http://www.wherzog.de/eflug (projekt sukhoi)

--
Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Mar 19, 2003, 03:03 PM
Scott Stoops
Joined Mar 2002
8,415 Posts
Thanks for the input guys... I think I'm going to try Paul's design.

Jim, You must mean Mike Hall's design (not Bill). It looks interesting but looks to be a bit short coupled in pitch which has me a bit leery of it.

The issue I have is that I prefer balsa and it needs landing gear so that rules out the Airwave Sukhoi...

Thanks guys.

-Scott
Last edited by sukhoi26mx; Mar 19, 2003 at 05:30 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 08:03 PM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,585 Posts
Jim,
If you want a set of parts cut let me know. Really aside from the laser parts, its just some sticks for the built up control surfaces. (Yes you have to hand cut them) with a .125" od CF tube LE.

I'm actually going to be recieving one of the Beta kits of Mike Hall's "Hangover" as its called, so I can give you guys a flight report. I'm gonna use it for just a nice little electric fun fly, for doing stupid stuff with, or touch and goes. etc... The Lil 3Der is a purpose built for 3D ship as such it is going to lack some survivability that Mike's design has.

The tail moment on the Lil 3Der is pretty long. So long that you could probably fly a very nice pattern routine with it. (with low control throws.)

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2003, 08:19 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Mini Laser 3D...
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Mar 19, 2003, 08:46 PM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,585 Posts
ML3D, not 3D enough, too fast, etc..

On the Lil 3Der, the mount supports the gearbox, not the motor, so what happens is, if you happen to have a bad prop strike, or something, you don't peel the gearbox off the motor.

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Paul Susbauer; Mar 19, 2003 at 08:49 PM.