RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
4,482 Posts
Discussion
Hobby-Lobby Jetiger EPO Jet, RTF with 2.4 GHz Radio

AT22072 Jetiger EPO Jet, RTF with 2.4 GHz Radio

Tough Ducted Fan Jet with 2.4 GHz radio included
32-1/4" wingspan, 24-1/2" long, 19 oz. flying weight. Tough EPO foam ducted fan jet with powerful brushless motor and 3-cell lipo battery. Model includes a 2.4 GHz radio system for glitch free flying and no frequency conflicts. The canopy has a quick release latch allowing easy battery access. Easy to hand launch from the built-in hand holds on the bottom of the jet. Impressive speed range; will fly slowly under full control, or increase the throttle and blast around the sky. Landings are easy to control and the model slows down well when the nose is lifted. Not for the beginner, but a great model for the pilot with a little aileron experience. Great introductory model to ducted fan flying. Everything you need all in one box. Out of the box and out to the flying field in about an hour.

For more information click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to Jetiger EPO Jet
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:09 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,263 Posts
I just saw this when an email link took me too the site Wed.
I immediately wanted one but it's RTF only ):

Any chance of this in a ARF of at least a PNP.
I'd love to try and hot rod that plane and take it to the field O:
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old May 04, 2009, 07:34 AM
Watch the deck
amishville
Joined Sep 2008
8 Posts
I just posted a vid here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044377

It's really a cool jet. Fast, stable, tuff (foam), bright so it's easy to see. The vid has couds, so the lighting wasn't real good but it's not bad. I had to compress the crap out of the vid to get it under 30Megs, so the quality isn't super either, but it's ok. I'm really glad I got it. It's easy to control whether you're just barely puttering along, or screaming out of a steep dive. Roll rate is really good as long as you've got some speed. Loops are no sweat. It's really responsive. The only thing I can't speak about is inverted flight. The last time I tried that with another edf jet, I got confused and there was a disaster. (I'm still pretty new to the hobby) It glides in to land with no power required. In the vid, once I've got the plane comin' back toward the camera there's no more thrust. Just let it get close to the ground, then bring the nose up a hair at the last minute. I was impressed with the flight time. I spent most of the flight at about 3/4 throttle or less. The battery didn't have a full charge on it, but pretty close. Overall I really like it. The only modification I made was that I cut the points off the leading edge of the main wing. I do that because when I land in the hay field the long grass get's caught on them, and they usually break off anyway. It doesn't seem to effect the flight performance. If it does, not by much.

Fly low and fast, but watch the deck!
justajunglist is offline Find More Posts by justajunglist
Old Nov 03, 2009, 03:06 AM
gal
Joined Sep 2009
97 Posts
will it take a 2200 3s battry

will it take a 2200 3s battry?
and how is it vs the multiplex fun jet?
gal is offline Find More Posts by gal
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Joined Feb 2008
93 Posts
I just got the Jetiger from spare parts as part of the Hobby Lobby "parts through out special" for really cheap and I'm wondering if anyone can tell you what powersystem it came with as an RTF to make it easier for me to get a motor and speed control and batteries. Hobby Lobby removed the page with the info since they discontinued the plane, so I can't get the info from there.

So far all I know is that it seems to be made for a 3 cell setup. What's the Kv of the motor it came with? What's the amp draw? What's the capacity of the battery (I'm assuming around 1300 to 1500 mAh?)
cpreinfalk is offline Find More Posts by cpreinfalk
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
Joined Feb 2008
93 Posts
I guess the motor is 4000kV? Can anyone confirm that?
cpreinfalk is offline Find More Posts by cpreinfalk
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,263 Posts
Maybe THIS can help you out.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
where to get the jetiger (ARF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
I just saw this when an email link took me too the site Wed.
I immediately wanted one but it's RTF only ):

Any chance of this in a ARF of at least a PNP.
I'd love to try and hot rod that plane and take it to the field O:
try this: http://aerialhobby.com/index.php?mai...402da3a613d791
NoFate94 is offline Find More Posts by NoFate94