HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:56 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,675 Posts
Build Log
Guardian (3D 1500mm wingspan) Home design

Hello everyone, here you can see this airplane I designed myself; it's a balsa wood model, 1500mm wingspan and 2.5Kg weight.

Everything started as a school work of research, and I thought that it was a great idea to focus it on something that I love (The planes) so mine was about how to design a plane, able to fly fine without having a degree of aeronautical engineering.

I looked for the most important matters to consider when designing an airplane on internet and some R/C magazines so as to be able to draw the plans, and after that I also had to learn how to build balsa models (I had only built foam planes until now!).

If someone is interested I can post the plans but they have lots of mistakes which should be solved such as pieces that doesn't match and things like that.

Here you can see a video of the maiden flight:

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/RC4e...rdian-rc_sport

The decoration ain't finished yet as you can see...

It's been hard but I'm quite satisfied, the model flies better than I expected, it's powered by a 5S 4400mAh Li-Po Battery, and uses a 13x7 propeller.

If you have any questions, don't doubt to ask me!!

Best regards for everyone.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Last edited by SU-4ever; Feb 26, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2009, 09:02 AM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Looks great.

Very nice work!
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc