HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:18 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
The servo carbon plate's are around 2mm thick, i found them pretty weak and upgraded to 3mm and not had a problem since, your 4mm should be fine
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:17 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Well its been ages since I posted any of my bikes on here. Usualy I just post pics of the paint jobs I do for myself or anyone else..

So here are my current bikes Im running at the mo..
scaulfi is online now Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Dec 12, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:08 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
you build a nice bike shawn, i spy a steering damper think that the first time i seen one of your bike with a damper
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:20 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
Well its been ages since I posted any of my bikes on here. Usualy I just post pics of the paint jobs I do for myself or anyone else..

So here are my current bikes Im running at the mo..
I see a bike there thats much more beautiful than the coming KP 12
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:30 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
you build a nice bike shawn, i spy a steering damper think that the first time i seen one of your bike with a damper
Thanks Rich, you know me to well.. The only reason I have a damper on that bike is, as Im limited to space etc, Id like to relax the rake a little bit more but the steering servo is in the way. With the rake where it is at the mo Im getting a bit of head shake when exiting some corners. Plus our track has some serious bumps leading into a few corners. So with the Mk2 I will allow for those adjustments.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:07 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
I see a bike there thats much more beautiful than the coming KP 12
Thanks Edi.. You're the inspiration though. I'll be running it again this sunday but for longer than a few packs this time.

Btw, I just happen to be painting a SB5 body for a friend so I tried fitting it to my bike and it fits like a glove. How lucky is that.. I think I'll be ordering a few SB5 bodies soon..
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:43 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Here is a few pictures of my new bike

This is my second bike, but the first one I built and painted. Still want to get a new set of forks, but other than that it is pretty much ready.

Updated the pictures from my real camera
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by edge_pilot; Dec 14, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:06 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Wow, that's impressive for your first bike edge, super nice job. When are you going to build the NF?
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:18 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
The NF I have been running and getting the hang of driving. I am having alot of fun with it, even though one crash I had really hurt the wallet. A wheelie got carried away at high speed and it went end over end a few dozen times. I can't wait to go run it as often as I can, but here in Ohio this time of year is limited. I will be out in full force for spring.

This bike in the picture is mostly NF, some Thundertiger parts are still present. I think I want to buy the NF or Alleven forks for it.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
The NF I have been running and getting the hang of driving. I am having alot of fun with it, even though one crash I had really hurt the wallet. A wheelie got carried away at high speed and it went end over end a few dozen times. I can't wait to go run it as often as I can, but here in Ohio this time of year is limited. I will be out in full force for spring.

This bike in the picture is mostly NF, some Thundertiger parts are still present. I think I want to buy the NF or Alleven forks for it.
Get the Alleven or kp's the nuova forks are not real forks with an internal damper unless you get the pro fork but they are 10mm longer than what you need for the older bikes plus there like $250 so that's kinda high IMO. I personally prefer the alleven's. I'm sure the kP fork is nice too but I never tried a set they are very affordable and popular with the euro guys
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; Dec 14, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:23 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
I have seen the KP's, was wondering why they are so much cheaper than the rest? Good to know about the NF Pro's, looks like Alleven alloys then. These stock shocks flex to much no matter how tight the bolts are, not a good design. So many parts are out of stock at 2wheelhobbies and GoNitro it makes it rough to buy what I want. Dave said his inventory should be back up in January, not sure about Bruce? Wish there were more options, but I realize this is a very limited sport here in the US.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:43 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
I use the Alleven CrMo. Best Fork on the market.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
This is my second bike, but the first one I built and painted. Still want to get a new set of forks, but other than that it is pretty much ready.
VERY NICE. Can I ask you about your stickers...what type of sticker sheet material/brand did you use? Did you set them on outside of body?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:50 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
I made all the vinyl graphics and a few water slide stickers myself. Everything big enough is vinyl that is on the outside, then I did the water slide decals with inkjet printer paper method, and they are also on the outside. A heatgun on the vinyl make it warm and wraps right around all the curves and crevises.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:58 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter View Post
i use the alleven crmo. Best fork on the market.
+1 :d
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer