HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2001, 03:50 PM
Question gravity.
Kane County, Il
Joined Sep 2000
1,585 Posts
Next project: Rocket assisted Shrike .20

I'm thinking colbalt .05 on 7 cells. 2 E or single F rocket engines. I'm going to make the plane to be launched from a custom made PVC and elestic sling launcher (I dont really want to hand launch the sucker in case the engines accidently ignite).

I'll HAVE to get some footage of the plane as I flip the 5th channel toggle on my transmitter and watch as it approaches Mach 1 I already have a design for the rocket pod that when the ejection charge blows the pod with the engine inside is ejected with a parachute for safe recovery....

All of the sudden my ezone name just took on a new meaning for me.
KMKAZE is offline Find More Posts by KMKAZE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2001, 04:44 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
308 Posts
Cool. Make sure you get the first flight on video. How are your Shrike 400's doing? I am trying to figure out how to set mine up for easy access to the batteries. Didn't want to have to cut any spars. How did you do yours? Any pics?

Mike..
tripster is offline Find More Posts by tripster
Old Jun 11, 2001, 04:53 PM
So tired
Bensalem, PA USA
Joined Apr 2001
167 Posts
For a choice of engines I would reccomend dr rocket hardware. try 29mm. the F52T or G62W would be good engines for what you want
JJEXP is offline Find More Posts by JJEXP
Old Jun 11, 2001, 07:06 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
Not to throw water on your flame, but do you have any experience with rocket-boosted aircraft? The Center of Gravity and Center of Pressure relationship is critical for a stable aircraft. Aircraft with a forward CP tend to be quite unstable on rocket boost- and that is exactly what you have with the setup you're describing. I'm no expert, but rc rocket gliders are a secondary interest of mine. If you really want to talk to someone in the know, go here: http://www.iit.edu/~kallend/rock.html

This guy is a professor at IIT in Chicago, and has done tons of research in this area.

Tony Turley
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley