HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Discussion
Phase 3 F-16 Thunderbird decals for sale

My name is Mike Pastro and I have created and made available for purchase a set of USAF Thunderbird decals that have been custom sized and proportioned for the Phase 3 F-16. Pictures of my F-16 with the decals are shown below. They are on 5 sheets of 11”x17” semi-gloss self-adhesive paper and do not take long to apply. The decals are water resistant and can be coated with polycrylic or similar. Decals are included for the tailcone and cockpit and there is also a diagram showing proper decal placement (each decal is numbered for easy reference).

The price for the 5 page set is $25 USD plus shipping and handling. If you would like to purchase a set, please email me your mailing address at mikepastro@hotmail.com and I will send you back a Paypal invoice with the total amount owed. Upon receiving your Paypal payment I will promptly mail your decals to you in a padded envelope. Once the total price has been determined, I will also accept money orders.

I’ve started this thread so that others can provide pictures and comments.
Note that I have installed navigation lights and afterburner LED’s on this model and it looks very cool in moderate lighting! I’m not sure how well the lights will show up in flight…

I look forward to your business!

Best regards.

Mike Pastro
Viper1957 is offline Find More Posts by Viper1957
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:43 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,431 Posts
Decals look great Mike! If I do another one of these jets I'll be in contact....
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:15 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Thanks for the positive feedback, Sammy!

Mike
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:03 PM
Ridgecrest, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
36 Posts
Very nice decal set!
JamminJD is offline Find More Posts by JamminJD
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:17 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,966 Posts
Swweet and a awsome price too
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:38 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Jammin/Air Sally - thanks!

Mike
Old Feb 26, 2009, 03:03 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Jun 2003
246 Posts
just what i'm looking for. email sent.

mike
MLem is offline Find More Posts by MLem
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:56 AM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLem
just what i'm looking for. email sent.

mike
Hi MLem,

I will be shipping your decals today.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Mike
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:02 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Jun 2003
246 Posts
saweeet mike! i'm gonna do that afterburner lighting too. do you have a circuit or link for that?

thanks,
mike
MLem is offline Find More Posts by MLem
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:53 AM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLem
saweeet mike! i'm gonna do that afterburner lighting too. do you have a circuit or link for that?

thanks,
mike
Hi Mike,

I used the afterburner and navigation lights from Tinybritelights.com. They look really cool in moderate lighting and in the dark. I'm not sure how well they will show up in sunny conditions. The nav lighs include a strobe which I mounted on the top of the vertical fin (before applying the fin decals), red and green lights that I mounted on the sides of the intakes (this is the scale location), and 3 clear lights. Since this model doesn't have landing gear, I couldn't use the clear lights as landing lights so, instead, I tucked them up behind the "dashboard" decal that has the HUD and screens. In the dark, the lights illuminate the control panel instruments somewhat (not the HUD because it sticks up above the dashboard) and create a bit of a glow in the cockpit. It's a very cool effect that resulted by accident as i was simply looking for somewhere to hide the 3 clear lights!

Good luck with your project!

Cheers!

Mike
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
MLem,

One more thing about the afterburner effect. I taped the lights onto the foam at the aft end of the foam fuselage, so the lights are between the foam and the clear exhaust tube. I then lined the inside of the tailcone with chrome Monokote trim tape. The result is a very realistic afterburner glow...

Mike
Old Mar 05, 2009, 04:07 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1 Posts
The decals look nice Mike! Could you please post a better picture of the cockpit? Also, do you ship to Germany or must I give you the address of a family member in North America?

Danke von Berlin!
Falco
Ando.SP is offline Find More Posts by Ando.SP
Old Mar 07, 2009, 12:48 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando.SP
The decals look nice Mike! Could you please post a better picture of the cockpit? Also, do you ship to Germany or must I give you the address of a family member in North America?

Danke von Berlin!
Falco
Hi Falco,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been away for a few days. I'll try to get a better picture of the cockpit and decals. I can ship the decals to Germany but would need to confirm the shipping costs.

Best regards.

Mike
Old Mar 08, 2009, 06:37 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper1957
Hi Falco,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been away for a few days. I'll try to get a better picture of the cockpit and decals. I can ship the decals to Germany but would need to confirm the shipping costs.

Best regards.

Mike
Hi Falco,

Here is the only picture that I took of the cockpit area before I installed the canopy. The cockpit decal needs to be trimmed a bit before applying onto the foam. The HUD sticks up above the dashboard and looks pretty cool!

If you're interested in purchasing a set of decals, send me an email and I'll check on the shipping costs to Germany.

Regards.

Mike
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:50 PM
Joined Mar 2003
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando.SP

Danke von Berlin!
Falco
Hey Falco,

Thanks for your latest email and your order! As promised, here are a few more photos of the cockpit. I've also attached some photos of both my F-16's "in formation"!

Cheers!

Mike