HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:55 AM
Steven
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Hey 376782,

did you try the first two left traces from top view to ground.

Pson and pskill sit next to one another 70% of the time with these types of PS's (card edge connector).

If that doesn't work, then try the 2nd trace(short one) from top left and the trace directly underneath on the bottom side to ground.

Hope we get somewhere..
xandrios is offline Find More Posts by xandrios
Last edited by xandrios; Jul 31, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2011, 06:33 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
241 Posts
Hey all just jumping into this thread, have tried going through all of it scanning for relevant information. I do have a coupld of questions and I am sure its possibly been covered before but I cant find answers anywhere.

I am converting 2 HP server powersupplies.... The DPS-600PB I have no problems with them or removing the case GND to the -ve connection so they will run in series.

I have just ordered the icharger 3010b so I can cook my lipos nice and quick.

The question is more about the guage or wires needed for the hookup. I dont know what wire I get with the iCharger for connecting it to a power supply or what connections it has on it.

I am guessing it uses ě4mm bullelts?

If someone could tell me what guage wire and what size bullets they are using for their wiring that would be great, I can get everything ordered so when my charger turns up I am ready to go
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:48 AM
Czech Republic, HlavnÝ město Praha, Prague
Joined Oct 2010
205 Posts
4mm bullets.
3010B have 12AWG wire, it does get pretty hot when used from 12V source (50A limit).
I was thinking about replacing it with 10AWG.
I have 10AWG in my 600PB, see here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=693
But 12AWG is fine, it is much harder to work with 10AWG in that tiny space.
These bullet panel mounts are rated for 15A or 20A only, but i do not think it matters, they work fine and massive 50-60A models are insanely expensive.
jointer is offline Find More Posts by jointer
Old Jul 30, 2011, 03:13 PM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Delta DPS-700EB PSU OVP modification.

Connect PS On and PS Kill to ground to power up.

If you get an orange light and no +12v power then go to this post for instructions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=686

These are solder points to disable the Over Voltage Protection (OVP) on the Delta DPS-700EB PS.

Just solder a short wire across the two components highlighted in the picture.

They reside under the white cover on the rear side of the DC-1749 daughterboard.

Be sure to solder quickly as these are small components.

Voltage can be controlled externally by using a 1k or 5k potentiometer

between pin #63 (12VS) and ground.

Maximum voltage will depend on the individual PS.

It will be somewhere from 14.8v to 15.2v.

I suggest staying below 15.0v to keep everything within spec.

You may also set the internal voltage control trim potentiometer (at bottom of daughterboard) to maximum(counterclockwise) after modification is made.

I've tested this with my PS at 15.0v with a 65A load where OCP kicks in.

Over Current Protection (OCP) circuit still works with this mod.

This is just one method to disable the OVP. I opted not to remove any components.

And as always do this mod at your own risk.
Last edited by xandrios; Apr 01, 2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 04:13 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jointer View Post
4mm bullets.
3010B have 12AWG wire, it does get pretty hot when used from 12V source (50A limit).
I was thinking about replacing it with 10AWG.
I have 10AWG in my 600PB, see here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=693
But 12AWG is fine, it is much harder to work with 10AWG in that tiny space.
These bullet panel mounts are rated for 15A or 20A only, but i do not think it matters, they work fine and massive 50-60A models are insanely expensive.
Thanks for the infor, I have removed the DC ground on one supply and got the wire and binding posts too I really want to remove the hot swap connector much like you have, did you just short the connections to ground straight off the ribbon cable inside and what did you do with the 2 wires that goto the hot swap board off of the main board? (one blue one purple)
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Aug 01, 2011, 04:53 PM
Wellington, NZ
Joined Aug 2006
837 Posts
Anyone cracked the fan and voltage control on the PS4060?
linw is offline Find More Posts by linw
Old Aug 02, 2011, 07:59 AM
Albertslund DK
Joined Aug 2006
47 Posts
The DPS-800GB A, also called HSTNS-PD05 is made by Delta, and has almost the same layout as the Delta 700. I still dont know how to start it ?. Here is a picture from under the fans.
Borlax is offline Find More Posts by Borlax
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:49 AM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Many of the DPS-800GB PS's are known to go bad.
This may explain why people can't get them to power up.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:56 AM
Albertslund DK
Joined Aug 2006
47 Posts
Mine is brand new, but i still dont know how to start it.
Borlax is offline Find More Posts by Borlax
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:23 AM
Adam Gibson
United States, FL, New Port Richey
Joined Jul 2006
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdragn View Post
My DL-580's must be a different version than yours.
My fans are so quite that you can't hear them running unless your right next to them.
As they are now mounted, You have to put your hand in front of one to know its running.
Noise is not an issue on this version and I did not do the fan speed mod as I saw no reason for it.
What revision does yours show on the label? I have one I bought 2 years ago that is rev 3 and I just bought a newer one to get 24v that shows rev 8. If 8 is quieter then I might just order another one.
xStatiCa is offline Find More Posts by xStatiCa
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:40 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
5,623 Posts
Be aware that "DL-580" does not describe the Power supply. It is the generic name for a whole range of servers from HP in the Proliant series. They come with a wide variety of Power Supplies. You need to specify the part number. There is some comment on this in the very first posts in this thread.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Aug 06, 2011, 12:33 AM
Adam Gibson
United States, FL, New Port Richey
Joined Jul 2006
762 Posts
406421-001 - HP/COMPAQ - 1300 WATT REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLY FOR PROLIANT DL585 G2 DL580 G3 G4 ML5 DL585 G6 (406421-001)

That is what I got. It matches the first one I bought except the revision number that is printed on it.
xStatiCa is offline Find More Posts by xStatiCa
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
I have found that when I have three of these in Parallel (HP PROLIANT DL580/ML570G3 RPS REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLY. P/N: 348114R-B21) and I shut one down that the others will power the fan up in the shutdown unit. I don't like this. I am going to add diodes to the lo-volts side to stop this. Anyone else seen this.
P.S. I am not using these to charge batteries. I am using mine for powering radio equipment and they handle the load great. I just need to raise the volts a little.
This thread has saved me a ton of money since I do not have to purchase traditional power supplies.
Thanks!
Wildrat1 is offline Find More Posts by Wildrat1
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
Joined Aug 2006
264 Posts
Hello,

I am trying to wire two DELL PowerEdge 2650 Power Supplies (500W) together in series but it seems the cases are grounded. If I connect the negative of one supply to the positive of the other I will be shortening one through the case.

How did you guys overcome that?

Thanks.
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:14 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
5,623 Posts
There's a whole thread on it here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...170241&page=30

Read Post 183 in particular.

ALSO post 1 of this thread for links to the alternative method of floating the outputs.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Hello,

I am trying to wire two DELL PowerEdge 2650 Power Supplies (500W) together in series but it seems the cases are grounded. If I connect the negative of one supply to the positive of the other I will be shortening one through the case.

How did you guys overcome that?

Thanks.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604