HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:55 PM
Wellington, NZ
Joined Aug 2006
837 Posts
Thanks, xandrios. Also thanks for the spec sheet for this PSU.

For info, connecting A2 to A4 to boost output voltage gave a rise from 12.23V to 12.52V (+0.29V). Not much scope there. The fan also increased a few revs.
linw is offline Find More Posts by linw
Last edited by linw; Sep 04, 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Added info
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Well, I tried to order one of the units BrushlesHeaven was talking about to test it out, but appearently memory4less thinks the DPS-600PB is the same thing because that is what they sent me, PO even says 3601. I already have a bunch of those. Sounds like it might be better anyway according to feathermerchants reports.
jocanon is offline Find More Posts by jocanon
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:26 PM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
Here you can see the side by side, inside shots...
Are you still looking to purchase one of them?
Cheers
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
Well, I tried to order one of the units BrushlesHeaven was talking about to test it out, but appearently memory4less thinks the DPS-600PB is the same thing because that is what they sent me, PO even says 3601. I already have a bunch of those. Sounds like it might be better anyway according to feathermerchants reports.
BrushlesHeaven is offline Find More Posts by BrushlesHeaven
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Yeah I just wanted to test one out. Mainly to compare it to the temperature controlled fan circuit I am currently designing. Do you have any you would part with? Or do you know where they have them in stock? I've seen them a couple places, but everytime I email and to inquire I find out that they are not really selling that part but the actual DPS...instead.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:17 AM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
Sent you pm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
Yeah I just wanted to test one out. Mainly to compare it to the temperature controlled fan circuit I am currently designing. Do you have any you would part with? Or do you know where they have them in stock? I've seen them a couple places, but everytime I email and to inquire I find out that they are not really selling that part but the actual DPS...instead.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
Z930P slow down fan MOD

To slow down the fan connect B2 with B6 or install ON-OFF swich to be able to run your fan Hi in case the unit will get very worm during high amp draw...
It is an option, why not...
Cheers
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlesHeaven View Post
DELL Z930P-00 power up mod

Ok, after few days of working on it I was able to properly power it up!!!
Big thanks to all of you guys. Special thanks goes to XANDRIOS for sending me few important remarks on what to do.
Here is the deal. The only 1 pin that needs to be connected to -12V output is pin D2
I have ON/OFF swich wired directly to the board.
That is it!!!
Works like a charm. Now I just need to slow down the fan....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnf7-...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGeBY...layer_embedded
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Mar 2012
17 Posts
hi,

i am testing connect C5 or D5 to GND ........... no voltage
and B5 to ^positif 12v and PSU is BROKEN, out

regards

laurent on2vhf

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrios View Post
You can't sum voltages together because they share a common ground.

Try connecting pin C5 or pin D5 to ground.
Try connecting pin C5 or pin D5 to +12V.

If either are sense lines then one of the combinations will kick up your voltage.
on2vhf is offline Find More Posts by on2vhf
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
Future Pro
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
212 Posts
how can you tell if you have this type of PS. i just bought 2 but havent got them yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant View Post
The units I am speaking of are the ones with the fan in a different locations and the fans are temperature controlled. I have tested them in temps over 100degF and they work fine. The issue seems to be that during manufacture, leads are left poking thru the board long enough to puncture the insulating paper between the board and the chassis, grounding them and killing the supply. This has nothing to do with the fan or its controls and happens even with no load on the supply.
jabu32 is online now Find More Posts by jabu32
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
how can you tell if you have this type of PS. i just bought 2 but havent got them yet?
My experience has been you just have to wait and see what you get. I ordered one of the ones feathermerchant was talking about above and they sent me the wrong one. If your question is how do you tell the difference between the units once you get it, that's easy, they print the part number on the PSU. One will be DPS-600PB which is not the one that feathermerchant says he has had problems with the leads poking through the insulating paper and the other one is PS-3601-1C-ROHS which is the one that he said he has had issues with. The DPS-600PB is much more common, chances are this is the one you ordered.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,318 Posts
I have noticed 2 other differences. The fan is closer to the output connector and the contacts on the outsides, top and bottom of the chassis are copper colored instead of silver.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:41 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSTNS-PA01-H...item3a77c7d385

That has to be too good to be true... right? I can't believe I'm getting a 1300W PSU, no matter condition, for $16 with free shipping. Great reputation seller, and he provides a phone number, but I'd receive a 1500W power supply if I order that.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,318 Posts
No that's not too good to be true.
It's probably 12V and by the input connector, a regular PC power cord will not fit and it's 240V input anyway.
As it comes it will power up when you install it in the server. It won't do anything if just plugged in.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
Ah. 240V input. That would make it easy... that does look like a standard universal though.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,318 Posts
Nope it's an IEC 60320-c20 and not the standard IEC60320-C14
http://www.quail.com/C-12/Power-Cord...-Two-Ends.aspx
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
Steven
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSTNS-PA01-H...item3a77c7d385

That has to be too good to be true... right? I can't believe I'm getting a 1300W PSU, no matter condition, for $16 with free shipping. Great reputation seller, and he provides a phone number, but I'd receive a 1500W power supply if I order that.
That would be the PSU that started this thread by jj604. HP PROLIANT DL580/ML570G3 RPS REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLY.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=2

It runs on both 120V(only 910W) and 240V(full 1300w).

Lots of power in a small package. It has some very load fans. The fans can be slowed though.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=491
xandrios is offline Find More Posts by xandrios
Last edited by xandrios; Sep 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM.