HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:07 AM
Crazy Foamie Builder
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jan 2010
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Dan, you won't find much help on this thread unfortunately. This one is all about server power supplies which are quite different. What you are wanting info on is PC power supplies.

There is lots of stuff on the forums and elsewhere on converting these. Do a Google search for

"converting an ATX PC power supply"

and pages of good stuff will turn up.

Here's the first two I found.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Conv...gular-DC-Powe/
http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Com...b-Power-Supply

Hope this helps.

John
thanks..i've read all those threads...but i had success last night....was just a matter of tieing the grey to the green and then to ground with a resistor in the loop on the red and ground..worked fine after that...thanks for the links!

Dan
JettaManDan is offline Find More Posts by JettaManDan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Hi to all.

I have a lot of power supply ex server, but not have found schematic of connection, can you help me please
Lancillotto69 is offline Find More Posts by Lancillotto69
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Has anyone ever tried connecting something like this in series on the positive terminal to impliment inrush limiting? I am wondering if doing so would allow one to connect the charger after powering on the PSU instead of having to connect the charger before turning on the PSU?

http://www.ametherm.com/datasheets/ms350r550.html
jocanon is offline Find More Posts by jocanon
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlesHeaven View Post
There is a new revised version of popular DPS-600PB B power supply out there!!!
The new model # is PS-3601-1C-ROHS series ESP135.
All the same in physical design with one detail, the fan is installed on the bottom of the power connector plate.
This new unit has smart IC for the fan speed installed...
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't this model been around for a while now? I think the fan control in it is nothing more than the same as shorting pins 4 & 8, in the DPS-600PB version which does slow the fan down considerably but isn't true temperature control, am I right?
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
Steven
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Look here jocanon.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=586
xandrios is offline Find More Posts by xandrios
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Thanks xandrios. It looks like it is the same as connecting pins 4 & 8. I am working on a true temperature controlled circuit that can be used for the DPS-600PB and possibly other model PSUs later on down the road. It's not quite ready yet. I will post the PSUs up for sale here when they are. First I need to finish building a variable dummy load that can handle 1200+ watts in order to test the fan speed and internal temperature at various current levels all the way from 0 to 50+ continuous amps so I can fine tune the circuit. I am making it so the fan does not even come on until it is needed (i.e. until the internal temperature begins to rise). I just want to be sure that it will go on fast enough when the temperature rises so that it provides proper cooling while at the same time staying as quiet as possible given the operating environment at the time.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
United Kingdom, Scottish Borders
Joined Jan 2012
22 Posts
Dell Poweredge 2800 Server Power Supply 7000815 GD418 930W

Dell Poweredge 2800 Server Power Supply 7000815 GD418 930W

Hi

looking to use two of these in series, it would appear the -12 is only connected to ground via the output plug fixing screw. can anyone confirm this please.

regards Terry
telfel is offline Find More Posts by telfel
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:15 PM
Germany, TH, Hildburghausen
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Thanks Xandrios.

the Kd175 works perfectly
power supply: kd175@14.45v
car amplifiers: esx 1200.5
2 speakers, subwoofer 2ohms
without powercap

107.1A peak
14,38V
1518W @220v

Name: esx.JPG
Views: 151
Size: 89.3 KB
Description:

Robo1981 is offline Find More Posts by Robo1981
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:06 PM
Steven
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Thanks Robo1981.
It looks like the OVP mod gave you the extra power you needed.
xandrios is offline Find More Posts by xandrios
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:24 AM
United States, GA, Augusta
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
Does anyone know how to connect 2 Delta DPS-730's in series?

Please share if you do.

Thanks.

TwinTurbo95 is online now Find More Posts by TwinTurbo95
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:07 PM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
Ps-3601-1c-rohs re: post 1686

New temperature sensor for fan speed
Works very well and quiet...
BrushlesHeaven is offline Find More Posts by BrushlesHeaven
Last edited by BrushlesHeaven; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add on to post 1686
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Hm, interesting BrushlesHeaven. I ordered one and will check it out. They are pricey though compared to the DPS-600PB and hard to find, those are two major drawbacks. I didn't see any of them on eBay at all.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
It looks like this will be the replacement to all 600PBs soon.
Not too many around but they are very cool. Do not need fan mod to be installed anymore and also the fan will spool up on high current draw so now they understand the draw and temperature :-)
I was playing around with the sensor by worming it up and cooling it down and it works great. They are much quieter than 600PB...
Fan location is now low on the connector plate. Easier to install output connectors, nicer too, more solid install...
I like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
Hm, interesting BrushlesHeaven. I ordered one and will check it out. They are pricey though compared to the DPS-600PB and hard to find, those are two major drawbacks. I didn't see any of them on eBay at all.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Jul 2010
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlesHeaven View Post
It looks like this will be the replacement to all 600PBs soon.
Not too many around but they are very cool. Do not need fan mod to be installed anymore and also the fan will spool up on high current draw so now they understand the draw and temperature :-)
I was playing around with the sensor by worming it up and cooling it down and it works great. They are much quieter than 600PB...
Fan location is now low on the connector plate. Easier to install output connectors, nicer too, more solid install...
I like it...
Cool. See, not to say I told you so to all the doubters out there but, well, I told you so ...I knew the tempurature control fan was a winner idea, now they are just catching up to me (kidding of course.. the "new" ones have actually been around for quite a while). Soon I will have my mod ready for sale and it will also have a tempurature controlled fan which will be silent when fist turned on. Hopefully people will like it. I've already put a ton of work into it. I think they will.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
Lipo Power
Joined May 2009
287 Posts
Let me know when ready.....
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
Cool. See, not to say I told you so to all the doubters out there but, well, I told you so ...I knew the tempurature control fan was a winner idea, now they are just catching up to me (kidding of course.. the "new" ones have actually been around for quite a while). Soon I will have my mod ready for sale and it will also have a tempurature controlled fan which will be silent when fist turned on. Hopefully people will like it. I've already put a ton of work into it. I think they will.