HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2012, 10:29 AM
Steven
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Good detective work.

Grounding of the PS_Kill always follows that of the PS_ON in a server.

PS_Kill is often referred to as Remote Turn On or PS Inhibit..

Usually we are able to get away with grounded them both first before the AC is applied.

A switch on PS_Kill sounds like a good idea.

If the power supply latches off due to a protection circuit tripping, AC input or PS_On signal toggle shall release latch condition and the power supply shall attempt to provide output power to the load.

Minimum time delay for the toggle function shall be AC input OFF for 15sec, PSON# cycle HIGH for 1sec.

Should I update my T710/R910 post to include the Dell R510 DPS-750TB PSU?

With credit to you guys of course..
xandrios is offline Find More Posts by xandrios
Last edited by xandrios; May 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Xandrios,
We have run two of these all afternoon - 50A load - all good.
Niall is just checking for other voltage inc,, options as we speak.

Is there any simple way around the manual switch for PS Kill ??

Besides that the findings are sound.

Brian
Serious Power is offline Find More Posts by Serious Power
Old May 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ireland, County Cork, Cork
Joined Apr 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Power View Post
Xandrios,
Yes 28 to 39 increases voltage by 0.33v.

Brian
Joined Pin 28 Cshare to pin 40 Remote sense + and the voltage increased to 12.95V.
Nialler is offline Find More Posts by Nialler
Old May 22, 2012, 12:06 PM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
The answer to your question may be found upon further testing.
Old May 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrios View Post
The answer to your question may be found upon further testing.
Xandrios,
Suggestions would be welcome - we are not experienced with PSU's.
Don't want to blow these little treasures.

Brian
Serious Power is offline Find More Posts by Serious Power
Old May 22, 2012, 07:00 PM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
A simple switch for the PS_Kill seems to be the best option for now.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
I'm newby, but I have information on Compaq DPS-600CB A, Series EPS117 , P\N 230822-001, Rev:0A. For many searches on the Internet has led to it here http://www.delta.com.tw/product/ps/s...PS-600DB_A.pdf. Power Bladed pins matсh. I have shortcut A6 & B5 то the GND, and voila - it's working!!!
Trank is offline Find More Posts by Trank
Last edited by Trank; May 26, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Ok guys i have read every page on this thread. And I see the (Pinouts) for a DPS-800GB, i just can't seem to wrap my brain around how i am to jump this around to switch on. I have seen the pics of how to wire it as in this one

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=958

but does anybody have a pic? or anything else? i have checked Voltage on all the tabs and the big arrows is what im showing voltage on with values should i have any more voltage on these tabs than what i've got? also the tabs that are in the green square should they all be connected together? Also i am not showing ANY Voltage on any other tabs at the moment.. Im lost...... Thanks for any help
jgreen76 is offline Find More Posts by jgreen76
Old May 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Hello jgreen76.

It seems that you have to connect pin 31 to 34 and then connect pin 30 to the +12V to get your PSU started.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Jan 2007
35 Posts
I just bought a Dell NPS700AB on eBay for 0.99 + 6.99 shipping, did I get a good deal on this?

I also went ahead and ordered a 60mm fan grill/guard for it. I think I may plan to build an acrylic case for it eventually for safety and make it look nice.

3D_Kid is offline Find More Posts by 3D_Kid
Last edited by 3D_Kid; Jun 06, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:46 AM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
You got a real 3D deal !!
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Amazing BABY MONSTER

i've built this item and it's real awesome it give me 200A at 13.8 volt for my ham shack equipment. i just add additional fan to make it cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrios View Post
This is a pinout for the IBM Bladecenter 2500w, 2000w and 1800w 200v-240v only PSUs.

Thanks to Nullet for pin verification on the DPS-2500BB.

All of the important pins are included.

Also included is a PDF containing internal schematics, operational and technical analysis data for the DPS-2000BB PSU.

Maximum output current for the DPS-2000BB PSU is 164A at 12.2v.
I've personally tested up to 200A at 14.4v (2800w) output !!

Internal components:

VR501 = voltage adjust. 11.8V to 12.8V
VR601 = OCP adjust. 196A @12V max at low setting to 215A@12V max at high setting.

Voltage is adjustable up to 14.6v with revisions S8M and lower.
(In stock form) The voltage for Revisions S9M and higher can't be controlled externally via the pins.
You must perform the modification from this post to be able to use the external voltage control pins:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=997

Maximum output current for the DPS-1600BB is 147.5A at 12.2v.

Since this PS doesn't have an internal fan, you MUST mount one externally.

This is a very cost-effective PSU.

Connect pin A6 to C2 to power up.
Connect pin A1 or A2 to D3 via a 1kΩ pot in series with a 120Ω to adjust voltage up to 14.6v.

This PS was mentioned earlier in this thread.
jay4 is offline Find More Posts by jay4
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:59 PM
Steven
Joined May 2010
504 Posts
Congratulations on the birth of your Baby Monster !!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
Power! Power! Power!
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaxNobody View Post
As for the signal connectors, here is what I told the guy who PMed me:
When facing the PSU from the rear, with the terminals on the top and the fan below, the signal connectors are on the right. Within the signal pins, the BOTTOM ROW (all 3 pins) appears to be +5Vsb, because it sparks when connected to ground even when the PSU is off. To turn it on, I poked around and found that the MIDDLE PIN on the FOURTH ROW connected to the MIDDLE AND RIGHT pins on the FIRST ROW seemed to do the trick. It may not be necessary to connect both pins on the top row, but experiment to find out.

Hope this helps anyone else out that may be planning on using this PSU
An update to this;
The bottom row of pins is actually +12Vsb, not +5Vsb as expected. I guess i should have noticed that on the label. Anyways, it offers 4A of current any time the unit is plugged in, even if it isn't running. This may be helpful when building support circuitry (relays, timers, etc.) around these PSUs.

As for the pins that start the PSU, I tested some more and got the following results:

I'm not really sure which pins are what, but when the top row middle pin and top row right pin and fourth row middle pin are connected, the fan turns on but the power light doesn't turn on. The fan turns back off when any of the 3 are disconnected.

If the top row middle pin and top row left pin are connected, a momentary touch to those pins from the fourth row middle pin will turn the fan on, as well as the power light. If you then touch the fourth row left pin to the fourth row middle pin, the power turns back off. So, once it is on only the top row left and middle pins must remain connected.

If all four of top left and middle and fourth row left and middle are connected, the power and fan turn on and stay on.

This odd combination of on and off sequences versus pin connections has left me extremely confused. Although I know which ones seem to do what I want them to do, I wonder what the other ones are for and why the act like they do. If anyone has any insights, or ways of testing that I haven't thought of, let me know. I unfortunately don't have a voltmeter.
HaxNobody is offline Find More Posts by HaxNobody
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
any one have idea how to get current measurement on DPS-2000bb without using shunt resistor ??
jay4 is offline Find More Posts by jay4