HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Flyin Brick, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:57 PM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2005
360 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
For Sale
HET-RC - FA-18 (Hornet) Blue Angels Scheme and Wemotec - Mini Fan 480

Relisted due to non-paying buyer.

Jet is in brand new condition in box. Never been assembled but some of the decals have been applied. Comes with Wemotec Mini Fan 480 and a scale unpainted pilot made especially for it.

Asking $150 shipped

Paypal only please. PM me for more details.

thanks.

Flyin Brick is offline Find More Posts by Flyin Brick
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2009, 09:28 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
sorry about the unpaying buyer, always a pita....
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:07 AM
Menomonie WI
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
without the fan unit?

hello there,

would you be willing to sell without the fan unit? also is there a motor that comes with the fan?
cascad3 is offline Find More Posts by cascad3
Old Feb 27, 2009, 01:20 AM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Trader Rating: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascad3
hello there,

would you be willing to sell without the fan unit? also is there a motor that comes with the fan?
For $150, I dont think so
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,824 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62
For $150, I dont think so
Its not that cheap, $160 will will get you a new one with fan shipped free. Further it has a warranty, and a gennerous replacement program.

THis one looks like the old version too, baby blue instead of blue angels blue.

Check efj.com before you act like he's an idiot for asking that.

Its not even your thread.
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Old Mar 01, 2009, 12:05 AM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2005
360 Posts
Its definitely blue angels blue... The Camera flash kinda washed out the color... You can see the color a bit better in the picture i have attached below.

But... no i dont have the motor. Just have the jet, fan, and pilot for sale. Im actually putting it up on ebay tonight. Had alot of interest and questions here about it on the forum, but no one seems really serious. Selling it here is just more trouble then its worth. Even had someone ask me to ship it before he paid just in case i wasnt representing it honestly... Give me a break; Im not trying to dick anyone around for a measly $150. So, if anyone is still interested check ebay.

thanks

Last edited by Flyin Brick; Mar 01, 2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2009, 12:15 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,824 Posts
Just a piece of advice, I checked the ebay add. THe starting bid is $120 with $26 shipping. That is more than retail.

EJF at http://www.ejf.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=206

offers them for $129 Shipped.

If you are serious about selling it, I would say $90 SHIPPED is fair for a second hand model. I am not dicking anyone around either, just telling it how it is.

Thats the problem with this RC stuff, too much risk buying second hand and it loses value fast.

I just thought I would point that out because it is not hard to sell things here if you are reasonable, but if you ask more than retail well...
Old Mar 01, 2009, 06:08 PM
Menomonie WI
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Thats why i wanted to know about the motor. The fan is about 25 bucks new and the plane can be had brand new for 129. so for the extra 5 bucks I can get a brand new one with the warranty. Its just not a deal.

If you dont happen to sell it on Ebay let me know.
cascad3 is offline Find More Posts by cascad3
Old Mar 01, 2009, 08:16 PM
Speed Freak
United States, OH, North Olmsted
Joined Nov 2005
1,311 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76
Its not that cheap, $160 will will get you a new one with fan shipped free. Further it has a warranty, and a gennerous replacement program.

THis one looks like the old version too, baby blue instead of blue angels blue.

Check efj.com before you act like he's an idiot for asking that.

Its not even your thread.
A Wemo 480 is 59.99 from EJF and the Kit is 129.99 so that 189.98 with free shipping.

He's asking 150 including shipping. So that's 39.98 cheapter than buying the exact same thing new from EJF.

Not a bad deal. You should compare apples to apples before popping off in someone's for sale thread.
Spid is offline Find More Posts by Spid
Old Mar 01, 2009, 10:41 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spid
A Wemo 480 is 59.99 from EJF and the Kit is 129.99 so that 189.98 with free shipping.

He's asking 150 including shipping. So that's 39.98 cheapter than buying the exact same thing new from EJF.

Not a bad deal. You should compare apples to apples before popping off in someone's for sale thread.
Not popping off at all. However, I think that price may simply warrant a question about a motor is all.

I am not bashing the price but rather someone smacking somedown for asking a good question.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 02:20 AM
Santa Clarita, CA
Joined Jan 2005
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spid

Thanks for adding that... I appreciate it.

I had actually planned to go straight to ebay with the plane but then decided to list it here to give forum members the opportunity to buy it before going public on ebay... I didnt think the price was too out of line. I sort of regret even listing it here. Im always suprised by those who choose to throw stones. Anyway, im done answering questions about it. If you are interested in an HET F-18, go buy one from ejf...
Old Mar 13, 2009, 02:24 AM
cdawg08
omaha,ne
Joined Aug 2008
126 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
will you take a trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Brick
Relisted due to non-paying buyer.

Jet is in brand new condition in box. Never been assembled but some of the decals have been applied. Comes with Wemotec Mini Fan 480 and a scale unpainted pilot made especially for it.

Asking $150 shipped

Paypal only please. PM me for more details.

thanks.

would you trade for a cx2 with extras?
cdawg08 is offline Find More Posts by cdawg08
Closed Thread