HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2009, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2008
28 Posts
Discussion
Can the DX6i and the DX5e be used as a buddy box system?

I've never used a buddy box system before, but am considering getting the DX6i (I have the DX5e from the corsair) and was curious if they could be used as a buddy box system together, and how that would work.

Thanks!
vampy is offline Find More Posts by vampy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:55 PM
Joined Mar 2003
192 Posts
yep it will work only with the dx5. I spoke to spektrum becuase I tried to hook up the dx6 to the dx6i and because of differnce of voltage the fuse would blow out in the dx6 and therefore were not buddy boxable.

just make sure the dx5 has all the servos set to normal and you will be fine,
67bigdog is offline Find More Posts by 67bigdog
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,076 Posts
I'm not sure if this is normal but...

I've just got a DX5e to link to my existing DX6i. With the 6i as the master the motor starts spinning when the trainer switch is pulled. The settings on the 5e cannot adjust the motor to a low enough value to switch it off. Well, there is one way I found to do it. If I reverse the throttle on the 5e and move the throttle stick fully up it then works fine...pulling the throttle stick backwards makes the motor start and pushing it forwards stops it. I've tried it on a couple of models and it does the same.

Re-binding the model to the 5e and using it as the master and the 6i as the slave works fine.

So my experience is that you can buddy box the 5e and the 6i but you have to use the 5e as the master. As such I'm not sure if I'll keep the 5e or not. I'll have to sleep on it.

Mike

BTW if, like vampy, you already have the 5e and you're thinking of getting the 6i it's a no brainer. The 6i is a much nicer radio. The case feels nicer as do the sticks. The switches have a better quality feel to them too. Finally, being able to set end-points for maximum travel is something I have taken for granted for over 20 years. Having the 5e where you get 100% (or 70% with rates) whether you like it or not seems archaic.
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale