Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:30 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Taunton
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Sim - Tail problem

Dont know if any of you can help me out but when I use the sim as the blade 400 3D the tail likes to spin around when I power up. I have not changed anything its just started it. Why would this be and can it be fixed? I use the DX6i.

Thanks
JezUK1 is offline Find More Posts by JezUK1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:55 PM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
No clue. Do other models work fine? Do other versions of the Blade 400 work fine like Sport or Training? I don't think you can edit the built in models. As soon as you try and edit them, it makes a copy I think. Are you on the latest 2.0q patch?
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:06 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
Yes I'm using 2.0q. I think its sorted at the moment as it seems ok. Its odd as for a few days or weeks it will be fine and then sometimes it just flips out.. Really odd. But my real blade 4003D has always been fine in flight so I don't think its the controller.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:45 AM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezUK1
Dont know if any of you can help me out but when I use the sim as the blade 400 3D the tail likes to spin around when I power up. I have not changed anything its just started it. Why would this be and can it be fixed? I use the DX6i.

Thanks
Hi Jez, the only thing i can think of is that you were useing the wrong model memory.
Also you could try this. Go into the edit model menu, an bring up the tail options.

Make sure it's in Heading hold mode.

Set Servo Delay to 0.0% ( this will stop the tail moveing slightly when you pump the throttle/collective)

And make sure Revolution Mixing is at 0.0%.

Hope this helps, Dan.
dan c is offline Find More Posts by dan c
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:42 AM
Trumansburg New York
New York
Joined Jan 2009
316 Posts
Sim Problem answer

If you are in Rate mode this will do that. Go Into your set up mode on top of your tabs. Click on Model then on your Edit.then on Tail Rotor tab on the top of this page is Gyro Mode change it to Heading Hold and your all set. I go back and forth between the two just for practice, It will sport fly real well when fying in Rate but its hard to hover in that mode. In Head hold you will have to use the Tail Rotor in your turns ,keep the nose going in the direction you are heading or you might crash. Hope this helps. When flying in Rate take off real slow no power take off and you wont have so much nose spin. Try it. Good Luck P.S awesome Sim isn't it ?
T/CHunter2009 is offline Find More Posts by T/CHunter2009
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
Yeah the sim is bloody good alright. What is rate mode? Is that stunt mode?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:50 PM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezUK1
Yeah the sim is bloody good alright. What is rate mode? Is that stunt mode?
Rate mode is the gyro setting. Different than idle up or stunt mode. You should have a dedicated model on your TX for Phoneix. I forget to put it in the right model every once in a while. Takes about a half second to figure out its wrong as Phoenix doesn't deal real well with CCPM!
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:57 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
I think i understand. But what is the point of rate mode out of the sim and into real flight? Sorry still dont see what the use for it is.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:59 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
also what dos idle up mode do / for?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Trumansburg New York
New York
Joined Jan 2009
316 Posts
Difference Rate / Head Hold

As you are most likely a Head Hold flyer as most of us are ,I think : Just make the adjustment in the Sim. you can fly in either But I like H.H too Rate = flying with the Left stick rudder cyclic way more than HH. You can fly both with you Blade 400 too . The real one. I beleave you can switch on the fly. I checked on that back a ways in a post or 2. I can't switch on the fly with the radio I'm using right now on my sim . I haven't got my Blade 400 yet or my DX6i that goes with it. You will notice if you fly in rate the tail will follow your flight like a Plane. You can almost fly with out rudder input on that left stick just sporting around. Like I said it"s hard to hover and Land. You'll have to make an approach and do a flar right before you set he down. Can be a little tricky and if done wrong you will crash . I know I do. LOL But practice of coarse makes for a better landing. I was told to fly in Head Hold And control the nose. Its a little harder when your buzzing around at speed but you'll get hang of it pretty quick. Good Luck I really hope this helped.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:35 PM
Trumansburg New York
New York
Joined Jan 2009
316 Posts
You will have to ask someone else here on that one . I'm not that advanced yet. One thing at a time, LOL Something to do with holding your Throttle at a selected speed I beleave . I may be wrong.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:55 PM
Heli & FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2008
303 Posts
So rate mode you kind of fly like a plane. But its harder to land. Im guessing you can flip the switch when you want to land / hover?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:59 PM
Trumansburg New York
New York
Joined Jan 2009
316 Posts
Oh yea you might want to load Slyster 400 into your sim. He has it set up pretty good. Plus you can change you color of your heli too if you want to. And the sound is way better too. Takes a little research but worth it. I think I found it in the Blade Bible. under the Sim Tab .{ Phoenix one Better}. Yes Just check that. Fly that one in HH too.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
Malta
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
Way beyond me!!

I have bought the Blade 400 about a month ago, and only did some engine spool ups. On one occasion the blade clipped my hand and apart from the physical pain... it really hurts, I had to change blades, feathering shaft, and main shaft!! A couple of hours ago it was my foot, and I guess some real damage as the pain is unbearable and all swollen up!! This time it was with the sonix upgrade.

Anyways, I have finally bought the sim (Phoenix) and I did not even hover well!!! Any experience anyone please? I mean is the sim more diifficult than real life?
I find that rate mode is much more fun, and managed to land better than heading hold. I just pitch up the heli prior touchdown and land just before the heli goes into the infamous 180 degree turn. Guess I need to be more pro and try harder at heading mode... for the moment it is beyond me, partly due to the heli disappearing quite fast (sim)

Thanks for your priceless posts!! Spent a whole night trying to figure out why 3D was flying different than normal
Skyliner65 is offline Find More Posts by Skyliner65
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:34 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Erratic controls on the sim can be problems with the sim cable.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP