HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:48 PM
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
Discussion
First time ordering from Banana Hobby and Im not HAPPY!!

I placed and order on 2/7/09 and was billed on 2/12/09. I recieved a UPS tracking # but have not recieved my order as of yet. I have tried to call and have not been able to get through. I contacted UPS and give them the shipping #.
UPS told me that the have yet to recieve a package from Banana Hobby!
Whats up guys is this the way things are done at Banana Hobby.
Is this common practice for them?

Jason
jsnscott is offline Find More Posts by jsnscott
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2009, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
They're in transit: WE ARE MOVING! Please Read Here!

May take some time to get back into the swing of things.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:16 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Thanks for the chime in willhaney.

Jason, give me your order number and I will check it out right away.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:58 PM
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
Order # yhst-39858413893234-40853
UPS tracking # I was sent 1ZX388V40393353169

It would have been nice to see an anouncement on your home page site then one could have expect delays or place order some other time!
Im not a very happy! Once you figure out whats up contact me through my e-mail jsnscott72@yahoo.com then we will decide if we will continue the order or return funds......

edit: I have been doing my home work in searching other forums and see that your in a bit of a bind trying to move and still try to do online servise...Dude you have bit off more than you can chew! But I see your working very hard to keep us happy as well, I see other post your taking a good bit of bad mouthing and yet you stay on the boards and from the looks of it you keep on going. This tells me you are serious about your biz and not trying to hide from your customers...... eat something, take a shower and get some rest!
get back with me here or my e-mail. I will check back tomarrow..

Jason
Last edited by jsnscott; Feb 19, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
I too have been one of those who have voiced my frustrations of BH in this forum and I stand behind any comment I have ever made. I do however believe Pete is a great guy who is sincere and is trying his heart out to keep up with demand and support issues, but seems to be overwhelmed and most definitely understaffed. Add to it the move, it makes for some hairy situations to be sure.

My order was about a week late but considering all that is going on, I am fine with that. Pete also took the time to chat with me in their chat support and answered the Q's I had concerning my SR-71. Anyone who watches his videos and reads his words can see he is passionate about this hobby like we are, genuinely wants to help everyone and is trying the best he can given the situation. Unfortunately short of cloning, this is the current struggle until adequate support teams and the new location is up and running.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Pete, it would be very helpful and good business practice to have some type of announcement plain to read on your website/storefront that gives current and future customers the information they deserve so they aren't blindsided when orders are not being processed in a timely or expected manner. Letting them know you are currently in the process of moving to a larger facility shows progress and would go a long way in customer relations and temper expectations if orders are slower than usual.

Just my two pennies...
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnscott
Order # yhst-39858413893234-40853
UPS tracking # I was sent 1ZX388V40393353169

It would have been nice to see an anouncement on your home page site then one could have expect delays or place order some other time!
Im not a very happy! Once you figure out whats up contact me through my e-mail jsnscott72@yahoo.com then we will decide if we will continue the order or return funds......

edit: I have been doing my home work in searching other forums and see that your in a bit of a bind trying to move and still try to do online servise...Dude you have bit off more than you can chew! But I see your working very hard to keep us happy as well, I see other post your taking a good bit of bad mouthing and yet you stay on the boards and from the looks of it you keep on going. This tells me you are serious about your biz and not trying to hide from your customers...... eat something, take a shower and get some rest!
get back with me here or my e-mail. I will check back tomarrow..

Jason

Jason, I just looked up your order. What I am telling you now is an area I am in the process of correcting. Our inventory systems are off due to damages items in our system. The 4#3B in your order is out of stock and you should have received an email informing you. I can do this if you would like. I can upgrade the 4#3B in your order to the New 4#3Q Cobra. Same helicopter but with a Cobra body and a more responsive tail motor. If you agree with that I will your order packed and shipped right now. The other helicopter in your order is ready to be shipped. They told me your order was waiting to be completed when the out of stock heli arrives. I am working hard on many areas of this company to improve and that is one of the top priorities. Please let me know if that is workable for you. I apologize and there will be no additional charge if you with to take the 4#3Q.

Pete
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:21 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Breda
I too have been one of those who have voiced my frustrations of BH in this forum and I stand behind any comment I have ever made. I do however believe Pete is a great guy who is sincere and is trying his heart out to keep up with demand and support issues, but seems to be overwhelmed and most definitely understaffed. Add to it the move, it makes for some hairy situations to be sure.

My order was about a week late but considering all that is going on, I am fine with that. Pete also took the time to chat with me in their chat support and answered the Q's I had concerning my SR-71. Anyone who watches his videos and reads his words can see he is passionate about this hobby like we are, genuinely wants to help everyone and is trying the best he can given the situation. Unfortunately short of cloning, this is the current struggle until adequate support teams and the new location is up and running.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Pete, it would be very helpful and good business practice to have some type of announcement plain to read on your website/storefront that gives current and future customers the information they deserve so they aren't blindsided when orders are not being processed in a timely or expected manner. Letting them know you are currently in the process of moving to a larger facility shows progress and would go a long way in customer relations and temper expectations if orders are slower than usual.

Just my two pennies...

Todd, I am very thankful for your words and your patience through all of this with me and BH. I am in the works with my IT guy to update the website now. Just hired a couple of good employees and looking for a few more with interviews lined up today. I will not fail at this and I am giving it my all. The personnel area here I am working on. I have already seen progress because I am able to communicate with you all here. Thanks again everyone and I will keep it on the up and up and update when I can! I will post photos of the new place soon when things clear and are presentable!

Pete
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
No I did not recieve anything in my e-mail that the 4#3B was out of stock.
Hey Pete no harm done I understand and glad to see your trying to make things right. Go ahead and fill my order using the 4#3Q. Send me the new order # and UPS tracking # and we will get things going.
Thanks

Jason
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:28 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
No I did not recieve anything in my e-mail that the 4#3B was out of stock.
Hey Pete no harm done I understand and glad to see your trying to make things right. Go ahead and fill my order using the 4#3Q. Send me the new order # and UPS tracking # and we will get things going.
Thanks

Jason
Jason, you got it. I am doing this NOW. Thanks again! Happy Weekend!

Pete
Old Feb 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Jason, you got it. I am doing this NOW. Thanks again! Happy Weekend!

Pete
Thanks Pete, I will be looking for my info in my e-mail.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:30 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Pete, I will be looking for my info in my e-mail.

Jason, your tracking numbers have been PM'd to you. Enjoy!

Pete
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:12 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2 Posts
hello,

I resently bought and 4 CH BlitzRCWorks F-117 Stealth Fighter Radio Control Jet RTF on tues of this week; I had put the order on a three day period and it hasn't been delivered yet. Please if you have any info on what to do with my order let me know. I have been trying to check on the link givin to see about the order but anything won't come out, I have also tried calling the custmer survice but it sounds like its disconnected.
m_a_76 is offline Find More Posts by m_a_76
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,343 Posts
Is BH linked to RCGs ,I have seen alot of people who just joined RCGs with no post,but find these threads,I just wondered how they know there here...
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:40 PM
If it fly's I'll Crash it !!
Bloomfield, NM
Joined Jan 2009
86 Posts
Yes thats how I found my way here, BH has a link button or at least they did.
Hmmm, didn't see it tonight.

RvMan56 is offline Find More Posts by RvMan56
Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:12 AM
NO BANANA
Joined Feb 2009
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky
Is BH linked to RCGs ,I have seen alot of people who just joined RCGs with no post,but find these threads,I just wondered how they know there here...
all you have to do is google search

then you will see all the complaints

the join all the forums you can untill you find the right now
nightwitch is offline Find More Posts by nightwitch
Closed Thread