HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kpriddle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
United States, CA, Mariposa
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
Link to page of the CL club I mentioned above.
CZ10 is offline Find More Posts by CZ10
Last edited by CZ10; Aug 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Gibberish
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:26 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
I like This One with the hollow log fuse and the 18" shaped wing. Looks like a shaped solid balsa wing. It looks almost the same as the Scientific Little Devil, which I'm building now. I wish I'd seen this first.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
I just ordered one of these. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for biplanes and in particular the Beech in that a friend of the family had one when I was a kid and I was lucky enough to fly in it a few times. I needed some fuel and decided to use the one that Cox has first on their list. I have a golden bee hanging around with nothing to do I thought for $20 and another $6 for a 1/2A handle and lines, how could I go wrong? Probably a quick build with modern adhesives. I may resist and save it for when my grandson comes to visit so we can go from box to flying field together.

I ordered from Sig ( also cheaper) but I can't get a link to work to their site.
Last edited by CZ10; Aug 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
The SIG product #SIGCL17
Are these the links you tried?

http://www.sigmfg.com/

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV5.html?E+Sig With a a keyword search for Staggerwing.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
I should have ordered one of these too!

I like this description from the Sig site:

"It's an ideal first-time C/L trainer for the beginner. By putting the prop on backwards and adjusting the engine a little bit rich, the Skyray will groove around the circle slow and stable, giving the rookie pilot time to think and react..."

I remember putting the prop on backwards on my Cox TD trainer to see how slow we could get things to fly.
Last edited by CZ10; Aug 13, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RknRusty View Post
The SIG product #SIGCL17
Are these the links you tried?

http://www.sigmfg.com/

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV5.html?E+Sig With a a keyword search for Staggerwing.
I know how ton find it, but when I tried to link directly in the previous post could not seem to get it due to their website and frames or something, so I used. The one from Sam's... plus I am using an iPad and there're some limitations.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:28 PM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RknRusty View Post
I like This One with the hollow log fuse and the 18" shaped wing. Looks like a shaped solid balsa wing. It looks almost the same as the Scientific Little Devil, which I'm building now. I wish I'd seen this first.
I recall 1/2A airplanes with "hollow log" fuselages having similar flying characteristics to their fuse construction in that they were heavier then profile or sheet & bulkhead construction.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:19 PM
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
Right but it's smaller than the profiles I have, 18" wingspan and a shorter fuse too, so it makes up for it that way. Short planes turn really tight loops and such, which is what I'm after. Mainly the reason I liked that one in the link one is because I wore out my Little Devil which is almost identical except this one has a bigger stab. I'm currently making a new one. I'm sure it'll cost more than that kit. But with a Black Widow it will really zoom, like flying a rocket with a 5-4 prop.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
If it is tight loops and rocket like performance ur after, build a Little Satan and power it with a TD .049. I used to fly one in 1/2A combat and it was really quick. I think we were using 5x5 props and 25% nitro... They really screamed.

One of the 1/2A kits from Black Hawk has flaps

Sky King
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
I have a Li'l Satan I bought years ago, but only cannibalized the kit. The box decorates a shelf now. I've been thinking about getting a new one, but I wondered how fragile it is. Can it take a crash or two? I do that now and then. My favorite stunter right now is a chopped Stuntman23.
Name: SAM_0654.jpg
Views: 191
Size: 124.1 KB
Description:
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
On my CL list of desires from my past that I would like to build again.

Ringmaster with Torpedo .35
Voodoo with Super Tigre G21 .35
Li'l Satan with TeeDee .049
Midwest Magician with Fox .35 stunt
Jr Satan with Veco .19BB

I usually had combat wings in all 3 classes going to meets, and bags of balsa and tissue coming home, but it was great fun. I did better at combat then stunt. Somewhere there are trophies to prove it.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
I've seen a Voodoo before, I like that. My Stuntman23 is about 13 years old. It's a great stunt trainer for me since I shortened it. That's what I've been learning to do lately. It can flat take a lick too, I can't count the number of times I've flown it straight into the ground with no ill effects. RCG Member Jim Thomerson designs and builds CL planes. He has one called Cheap Thrill with flaps like that Sky King. I bet flaps gives you a whole 'nother meaning to control line.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:07 AM
Joined Nov 2009
29 Posts
Any reccomendations for a bellanca citabria, kit or plans??
PV pilot is offline Find More Posts by PV pilot
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:41 AM
Ελλάδα, Ανατολική Μακεδονία Θράκη, Βιστωνίδα
Joined Jul 2006
676 Posts
Micro Star.

Type Model RC Sport Trainer.
Wingspan 29in.Parasol.
Engine Glow .020 - .033
Control 2 channels.
Designer Y Matsumoto.
Company Pilot 1979.

Here full plans in A4 for Micro Star plane 2ch RC of Pilot.
hlsat is offline Find More Posts by hlsat
Last edited by hlsat; Sep 05, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:48 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Dec 2007
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsat View Post
Here full plans in A4 for Micro Star plane 2ch RC of Pilot.
Very nice plan! Thanks! I have a soft spot for parasols and pilot kits!

I wonder if anyone out there has plans for the Pilot Baby??
ripplewave is offline Find More Posts by ripplewave