HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2001, 09:29 AM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Websites to find old / muscle cars for sale?

Does anybody know of any good websites with people selling old muscle cars? Can be stock or beat up too, Would like to restore. Specifically Mopars. Had one when I was in my late teens to early twneties but then the wife & house came along. I'd like to start checking some out and possibly start up again (don't tell the wife though she'd kill me, she called my Charger "Christine")
Sal C is online now Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Jul 01, 2001, 06:47 PM
Here To Eternity
Joined May 2001
29 Posts
www.hemmings.com
Benjamin Dover is offline Find More Posts by Benjamin Dover
Old Jul 01, 2001, 10:19 PM
Living electrically
West of Emporia Kansas
Joined Feb 2001
68 Posts
http://www.carsinbarns.homestead.com/
diode is offline Find More Posts by diode
Old Jul 02, 2001, 09:42 AM
Royal Oak, MI USA
Joined May 2000
554 Posts
Hey Sal...don't know if you can get any time off in mid August, but you might be interested in one of the most awesome muscle car related events in the country...The Woodward Dream Cruise. Technically, it is an event held on Saturday Aug 18 but, in fact, it is a week long event starting the Monday prior.
Any guys from the Detroit area will agree..there is nothing like it anywhere. Woodward is the main drag between Detroit and the northern suburbs. Picture 4 lanes across and 5-6 miles(!) of stop and go muscle cars (and other assorted vehicles) from all around the country. The reason I mention it is that there's a ton of cars in all stages of "original" and "restored" "needing parts/ work", "pristine", etc for sale for the whole week....street sales and at dealerships, newspaper, what have you.
You're probably only about 5 hours away and if you like those cars, this will definately be worth the trip.

Hank
Hank Villerot is offline Find More Posts by Hank Villerot
Old Jul 02, 2001, 03:06 PM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,274 Posts
Hi Sal....give this a try
http://www.collectorcartraderonline....l.html?4405666

go to the bottom and hit "Search" then fill in the years and model type

Also, in the NE there's www.specialinterest.com

Whatcha Lookin for ??

Alan W

[This message has been edited by Alan W (edited 07-02-2001).]
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
Old Jul 02, 2001, 10:47 PM
Here To Eternity
Joined May 2001
29 Posts
Hmmmm.....Buick Skylark convertible...'68 or '69 ?. (18 miles to the gallon on a good day, WOO HOO !)
Old Jul 04, 2001, 12:46 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Are you telling us that your name is "Benjamin Dover" as in "Ben Dover" (Say it fast people) You must be tough. That's even worse than "a boy named Sue".
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Jul 04, 2001, 11:04 AM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Hank,
Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for a good muscle car show. Don't think I'll make it this year (kids are still too young). I have to prime the wife for months when planning a trip on my own like that.

BTW, do have a car?

Take care man...

Everyone, thanks for help!
Old Jul 04, 2001, 09:19 PM
Here To Eternity
Joined May 2001
29 Posts
Nah, my name's not really Benjamin Dover, couldn't think of anything better though. It IS somewhat appropriate though, I bought a $4 walmart foamie to play with to see what wind conditions a plane could take and to see how tough styrofoam is. Later I went to a hobby shop and saw what a Wingo and some other "real" foamies were like for the first time, and my first impression upon seeing the construction and the price was OUCH, BEND OVER !. Same material as cheap Walmart plane at around twenty five times the price !. That balsa Gentle Lady I had looked like a highly crafted bargain compared to a box full of beer cooler foam parts.
Old Jul 04, 2001, 09:28 PM
Royal Oak, MI USA
Joined May 2000
554 Posts
Sal

Yeah...a long time ago. '66 GTX/426/"gimme a ticket" red. Back in the old days when we drove them for real...could never keep the auto trans glued together.

I'm pretty sure there's a WEB site for that cruise. Search under Woodward Dream Cruise or Dream Cruise and you should hit it.

Start the prime for 2002 and I'll get you into the thick of it.
Old Jul 06, 2001, 02:23 PM
Terry Dunn
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Jan 2001
874 Posts
The mopar nats are coming up August 10-12 in Ohio. Shouldnt be too far of a drive and Ill bet you can find any type of project you want there. Wish I could go.
Ive got a 66 Belvedere (383/727) sitting in the garage waiting for a little attention to get it rolling.
Wish I had Hank's 66...nothin like a hemi.
Terry
mopar_man is offline Find More Posts by mopar_man
Old Jul 06, 2001, 05:46 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Hank,
The GTX was always my favorite. A guys at a show around here last year was selling a '70 GTX completely restored (the frame had better paint on it than my Honda) for $17,000. I was almost ready to cash in some of my 401k money to buy it but my wife would probably have divorced me!

I had a '73 Charger (440) & a '71 Cuda (340), man I miss those days...
Old Jul 06, 2001, 08:52 PM
Royal Oak, MI USA
Joined May 2000
554 Posts
Sal...was the 'Cuda purple? That purple that peeled and faded??

Mopar...it was a sweet car. But that's when everyone 20 and younger was driving 28s, road runners, goats, etc. We ran them into the dirt, fixed what broke and did it again. If I had it today I'd be afraid to get on it 'cause it'd break my heart if anything broke.

Oh yeah...and 442s

You guys remember the Pontiac Sprint? With that OHC 6? On the LeMans body?

[This message has been edited by Hank Villerot (edited 07-06-2001).]
Old Jul 06, 2001, 10:10 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Hank,
Both were red with black vinyl tops (remember those?). When I restored the Cuda I painted it midnight blue (that's when I sold it to get married & buy a house). I do know the purple you're talking about though, that was an awesome color. Throw the Mopar wheels on it & we're talking sweet! The Charger I painted red again. I'm going to have to dig up those pictures and post'em...

Stop it, you're killing me...
Old Jul 06, 2001, 11:01 PM
Royal Oak, MI USA
Joined May 2000
554 Posts
Sal
www.freep.com/dreamcruise_2000/photos/muscle

The house and your mate were worth it. Really. Honest. Cross my heart. Really...