1,756 Posts
Cheaper shipping too!
tai626 is offline Find More Posts by tai626
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
Kaohsiung city ,Taiwan,R.O.C
Joined May 2005
343 Posts
Finally I got my order from R&G today , and thanks R&G.
C. J. Hung is offline Find More Posts by C. J. Hung
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,191 Posts
Kevlar with CF ?

Hi CJ,
And what are you planning on doing with that, wings to be in addition to regular and D Box, or to replace one of them??

walt
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Old Nov 13, 2009, 02:07 AM
Joined May 2005
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSWH View Post
Hi CJ,
And what are you planning on doing with that, wings to be in addition to regular and D Box, or to replace one of them??

walt
Hi Walt,

It's for my new plane.

C. J. Hung
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:26 AM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,060 Posts
Got my PayPal invoice yesterday from C. J. and he gave me every thing I asked for. Low Wing D-tube with Carbon/Kevlar pod (no paint), jigs, control arm ballast lock system (only $30 extra for ballast system and no wing removal to change post #162), extra stab set and extra Kevlar line.

The wait is almost over
Maurice
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:39 AM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
3,997 Posts
My kit is waiting for me at the post office. I will pick it up tomorrow. C.J. shipped my kit the date he promised back when I ordered it in September. I'm impressed with how he's handled the transaction. Thanks C.J.
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:47 AM
Joined May 2005
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post
Got my PayPal invoice yesterday from C. J. and he gave me every thing I asked for. Low Wing D-tube with Carbon/Kevlar pod (no paint), jigs, control arm ballast lock system (only $30 extra for ballast system and no wing removal to change post #162), extra stab set and extra Kevlar line.

The wait is almost over
Maurice
Hi Maurice,

Your order is on the way now! and this is your pod with ballast system , about 10~85g.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:25 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Nov 2003
1,972 Posts
Taiwan F3K

Do I see the disser wing???
Kai@UCSB is offline Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:52 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,060 Posts
After seeing this beautiful pod and ballast system I bet there is going to be a lot of pod and boom orders.
Thanks again for taking your time to design a ballast system that doesn't require taking the wing of to make changes.

Maurice
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:32 PM
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Switzerland, Canton of Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai@UCSB View Post
Taiwan F3K

Do I see the disser wing???
Not just the disser wing. They wear team shirts, with a pilot number! Why haven't we thought of that in the US?
Goeland86 is offline Find More Posts by Goeland86
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:59 AM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,060 Posts
Could be wrong but it looks like both dissers have a smaller wing and tail group and the pod and boom look shorter. Maybe 900s?

What do you think
Maurice
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:42 AM
Joined May 2005
343 Posts
The disser wing is not my P2.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:21 PM
Aeromodeller by heart!
Herning, Denmark
Joined Dec 2002
632 Posts
Predator 2, modified.

Hello guys.

First) If this is not the right place, please let me know, then I´ll take this replys down again. (I´ts for C.J. to dicide)

Second) I know that all of you don´t read danish, but this is just a summery of this thread in the danish forum. More pic´s to be found here: http://www.modelflyvning.dk/forum/sh...ad.php?t=41546

Here we go:

Bought some nice planes from Mr. Hung, with some modifications in mind. First of all I would like to biuld in a ballastchamber, then the servoes for the ailerons shoould go in the wings, and the linkage made top-driven.

If you look in the pictures you´ll se that I build three planes simultaniously. One for a friend and 2 for my self.
All planes are made to fly rudderless, its simple and saves some weight. You´ll se that two of the rudders are un-cut from C.J. and the last one just fixed with epoxy and glassbubbles.

Another modifications just came up and it was the tailplane. The linkage is made with Pull-Spring. The spring is made from 0,2mm musicwire and is fixed to the tailplane and elevator through af toothpic. You´ll notice that the tailplane is mounted on the "wrong" side of the boom In addition the tailplane is detachable.

The ballastchamber is situated under the wing. In the pod a hole was cut 10X65mm between the wingfasteners. This makes room for aprox 130 gr og Pb if the box is made to max with and depth. Mine will take apox 100gr and thats fine by me

Two of the planes are ready for takeoff and hopefully they will maiden saturday at a local chritsmas fly-inn. (One will for sure)

Hope to bring you some niice flying reports.

And then on to the pictures.......
RubSon is online now Find More Posts by RubSon
Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:27 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,191 Posts
Hi Kai,
Any chance you can post that Group photo in a higher Resolution which we can click on to enlarge it for more detail ?

thanks,
walt

PS Lost my much loved Yellow Predator in or near the local river, it may be on it's way to the Gulf of Mexico From now on, I'll be keeping a closer watch on whose DLG I'm looking at, and think I'm flying
Old Dec 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,191 Posts
Hi RubSon,
Nice job on the Ballast system. I'm pretty sure that 100 grs will be all the ballast I will ever need, then I remember the German Open? 2 years ago, and I think I remember that Oleg had 7 oz of ballast. I'm thinking if I needed more than 3 ozs, I'll just leave the DLGs in the van and drink beer. If needed you could make up some Tungsten weights and gain 2 to 3 more ozs.

walt