SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1 Posts
Discussion
How can i control an rc toy over internet?

Hello! Can you please help me with this? I want to control an RC car over internet. For example I want to make a website where people can control RC cars, trucks, submarines, helicopters using their browser or any other software. Technology could be bluetooth control, radio control or anything else. I am really not familiar with the different remote technologies. The software will control real cars located in a garage for example, not virtual, animated ones. Can you please help? I am wondering about the technology. Is it done before and how? Is it possible? Can you give me any websites or materials where I can educate myself? Thank you in advance!
culinor is offline Find More Posts by culinor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2009, 02:32 AM
Darwin Awards Nominee
Joined May 2009
58 Posts
I know it's late, but anyway...

It's definitely possible. It's easier with old style binary like radio control though. You just hook up radio controls to an arduino or something (a board with a computer connection), and hook that up to a computer. Then all you'd need is some way of getting the messages sent over the internet. I definitely know it's possible.

You'd probably be better off running a linux OS on your server computer. depending on the way the connection between the arduino and the computer works (i don't really know this) you might need one computer per car.

Google iphone controlled car, or something similar. I couldn't really understand it much, so i can't help you much. (Instead of the iphone passing commands to the arduino, the computer does it by itself)

I don't know if it's possible to use arbitary (multiple values) remote control transmitters. It makes it a lot harder if you do.
Jak_o_Shadows is offline Find More Posts by Jak_o_Shadows