SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2009, 04:47 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
Discussion
efest 2010 events?

Yup its early, but was wondering if anyone knows if 2009's events will be repeated at the 2010 event?

I'm specifically wondering about the pylon, scale and full contact carnage, ( oops I mean combat ) events.

I've got some ideas for planes for all three, but before I start building it would be nice to know I'll be able to compete.

Here's what I'm thinking about the the scale comp. I would be kit bashing a gws corsair. : http://www.airventure.de/reno2005/re...egard_3366.jpg

Dean in Milwaukee
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaninMilwaukee
Yup its early, but was wondering if anyone knows if 2009's events will be repeated at the 2010 event?

I'm specifically wondering about the pylon, scale and full contact carnage, ( oops I mean combat ) events.

I've got some ideas for planes for all three, but before I start building it would be nice to know I'll be able to compete.

Here's what I'm thinking about the the scale comp. I would be kit bashing a gws corsair. : http://www.airventure.de/reno2005/re...egard_3366.jpg

Dean in Milwaukee
As of right now the plans are to continue the events as they are, but there will be some slight modifications to them to accomodate the large number of entrants. Look for at least one or two "new" events for 2010!!
Frank Noll is offline Find More Posts by Frank Noll
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:25 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
thank you!
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:22 PM
Quincy, Illinois
Joined Dec 2001
117 Posts
Frank,
I hope you continue with the prizeatta on Sunday. This year one guy pretty much ran away with the whole bucket. If you can come up with a way of suspending the bucket from the celing by a rope, that would make everyone have to work at breaking it open and not just dragging the balloons down. A balloon would do the job if you use a BIG one that couldn't be brought down by several planes. My two cents............

As usual, great job on everything else.
fxstbi is offline Find More Posts by fxstbi
Old Feb 17, 2009, 04:59 AM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
The prizetta was insane, was on the bottom of the pile grabbed 4 prizes and still wake up at night in cold sweats thinking of being crushed to death.

M .02 would be to put numbered poker chips in gondola, one per pilot, reveal prize to number upon redemption.

Frank you and your crew do a fascanating job running 307 pilots in basically a one day event and the line wait to fly never really exceeds 10 minutes. I flew allot over 3 days.

The specail events taking place in evening hours is also working well to spred the 307 over a broader time window. Luv the smackdowns as well.

Great job Frank and team..............
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old Feb 17, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hey y'all, watch this
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaninMilwaukee
I did not enter any events this year, but I will be prepared for next year!!!

BTW, here is a video I shot of the carnage - oops, COMBAT event.

EFest 2009 Combat
Bob_Richards is offline Find More Posts by Bob_Richards
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:30 PM
FLY FREE
chicago
Joined Jul 2008
151 Posts
Oh ya ! The PRIZEATTA was awesome!............... Except for the runaway bucket
Rcflying boy is offline Find More Posts by Rcflying boy
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:55 PM
3DHS Trunk-monkey
Joined Oct 2007
408 Posts
I got a concrete block and a log chain for that boy when the efest 2010 get here
hehehe
FireFighterFSF is offline Find More Posts by FireFighterFSF
Site Sponsor