4-Ch Brushless FMS L-39 64mm Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) RC Jet

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4brfmsl64eld.html
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:17 AM
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
just bought one of these, the battery placement is kinda vague & there's no securing it inside the fuselage(supplied battery doesn't really fit in the compartment where it 'looks like' it should go), also there's no specs for the models' centre of gravity.
Anyone got some info & specs, pics would be nice, would be greatly appreciated

Cheers ,
Frank
IgnoreTheSmoke is offline Find More Posts by IgnoreTheSmoke
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:28 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Had one of these and put many flights on it for almost a year before it crashed because of radio glitch. Stock motor, esc sucks big time. I put a Dons wicked motor and hobbywing 40amp esc with a 14.8v 2200mah lipo, and this jet came alive! Would cruise around 50-60mph half throttle, 70mph full throttle level flight, and 90mph full throttle in a 45 degree dive. Easy landing once you get the cg right.

Looking for another in kit form.
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:39 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
I'm trying to find the CG of this model also.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:35 AM
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Finally got mine in the air.
Using the stock battery, it fits between the ribs in the cockpit, I had to dremel away some foam otherwise the battery had to be forced in & foam was beginning to break, especially trying to remove it.
With the standard battery there, it flies perfect, didn't measure the CG,but even after flying with 2800mAh batteries which are somewhat heavier,it still flew well, just a tad nose heavy(input more up elevator to compensate).
Next step is making some velcro battery straps,Flew inverted on the first 2800mah batt, no dramas, on the 2nd pack, battery knocked off canopy & fell out mid turn,inverted.Plane just went into a flat upside down spin & snapped in half after hitting ground upside down.
All glued up & ready to go again tho,Slightly heavier than original
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:37 AM
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Had one of these and put many flights on it for almost a year before it crashed because of radio glitch. Stock motor, esc sucks big time. I put a Dons wicked motor and hobbywing 40amp esc with a 14.8v 2200mah lipo, and this jet came alive! Would cruise around 50-60mph half throttle, 70mph full throttle level flight, and 90mph full throttle in a 45 degree dive. Easy landing once you get the cg right.

Looking for another in kit form.
Yeah it floats down nice, way easier than I thought looking at the wing area.
Hell, it's prolly easier to land than my PZ Corsair