HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:36 PM
Eagle River, Alaska
Joined Aug 2004
214 Posts
OK< it's up on Vimeo, but it still seems TOO BIG!!!

Twinstar II over South Fork Eagle River Alaska (7 min 46 sec)
bwolv is offline Find More Posts by bwolv
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,375 Posts
You know, the vibe, wave a jerkiness are a lot better than I had expected. Not a bad little camera.

Boy you came close to that chimney!
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Ghetto Tank
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:40 PM
Eagle River, Alaska
Joined Aug 2004
214 Posts
Yah, the jerkiness is better on the original than on the Vimeo replay for some reason. I noticed that while playing the Vimeo.

Hee hee, The chimney and weather vane are my own, and from my flying perspective, I was confident of a close, but miss, - fly by.
(frame 3:42)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:42 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
I started to view in HD/full screen on Vimeo, but noticed a bit of video tearing (frame updates & video card not sync'd) so I'm DL'ing the original. Vimeo HD is capped at 720 IIRC. I'm curious to see if the tearing is my own hardware limitations or something to do with Vimeo's Flash format.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:55 PM
Eagle River, Alaska
Joined Aug 2004
214 Posts
Yah, That's what I'm seeing on the downloaded video. An evenly spaced small pause. Like a strobe light. The original doesn't do that. At least not that bad...
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:17 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
One thing that took me awhile to figure out is that when viewing full-screen, whenever the mouse is jiggled and the Vimeo toolbars show, the framerate drops to about half.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Feb 13, 2009, 01:31 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,397 Posts
It is still a lot better on Vimeo! You can't do much better than that with the light you had. The color on the houses are very good. So, all in all, it is a very watchable video for a winter situation. You are a good flyer!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Feb 13, 2009, 05:10 AM
England
Joined Dec 2005
308 Posts
Very enjoyable, wonderful location but watch out for bears.
Steve Mills is offline Find More Posts by Steve Mills
Old Feb 13, 2009, 07:04 AM
Joined Jan 2009
57 Posts
Did you notice how much more interesting the latter part ...where you are flying low down ...is than the first part where you are up fairly high. The excitement of seeing if you were going to crash was there as well. Tension, not great but there and it added to the pleasure of watching. And details are more interesting when you can see more clearly. In fact everything shot low down seems to me to be better all round video than hi-level.
Tom O'Farrell is offline Find More Posts by Tom O'Farrell
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:30 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,397 Posts
When I got up this morning I watched the video again and this time I saw several things. There are some very interesting houses down there. Some have very flat roofs, and I always thought that flat roofs in heavy snow areas is a No No. Also, the roads or drive way roads leading to the main roads are very steep. How in the world does everyone get up to their houses and get to work? I am really enjoying this video. I'm like Tom, I love the down low part and at first by being up high it lets you get a perspective or the whole area and mountains then down low for the interesting flying. Well done!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:56 PM
Eagle River, Alaska
Joined Aug 2004
214 Posts
Well Thanks for the compliments Guys!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope to make better videos this summer! It certainly makes some of the flying sites I've seen on other videos look nice!!

Well everyone here does has four wheel drive. It's really necessary here. We've had in the past a house hit by an avalanche. But it wasn't one easily seen in the video.

Yah, I watched it again this morning, Yah there are some flat roofs, Surprises me too. It think some of the are the new metal sheet roofs. I guess they're less susceptible to ice damage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quailbird
it is a very watchable video for a winter situation. You are a good flyer!
Thanks Quailbird! My flying buddies will be very surprised to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mills
Very enjoyable, wonderful location but watch out for bears.
Like this one?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,375 Posts
That's great! :-) Where's mamma though?
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Ghetto Tank
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:05 PM
Eagle River, Alaska
Joined Aug 2004
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
That's great! :-) Where's mamma though?
Ha ha.... Probably standing behind me!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:23 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolv
This was a quick and dirty test of the Sanyo VPC HD100 on my Twinstar II. The preceeding flight I had the camera pitched up too high, this flight it was pitched down a bit too much. It was bright out, but not directly sunny.
I love this camera! Have had mine about 3 months now. Mainly shooting video and then pulling stills out of WMM at 1920x1080. I just change the MP4 to AVI and it pulls in fine. I installed the drivers that came with it and also the ffdshow-tryouts package off sourceforge. Still have not gotten good edited video out of WMM with it yet. Mostly just stills. I took the nose cone off my Stryker and pad it in foam and an elastic band and it looks out over the nose at various angles. Works great so far.
-Allen
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon