HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:32 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,070 Posts
Question
Concept Models Fleet bipe CG

Hey guys,

I came across a great find recently at an RC auction - a built 1/6th scale Fleet bipe from Concept Models. I usually look for kits but this was nicely built and is already set up with a MaxCim motor and controller, and just needs to be recovered and detailed. Most of the guys at the auction had no clue about electrics so they avoided it and I got a nice buy

What I'm looking for is the CG for this puppy. I sent a message to Concept Models asking for info but never got a response. I'm wondering if someone on the forum might have one and can share the CG info with me.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

PS: This plane was originally built with 16 2000mah NiCad cells. The new LiPoly pack (4s1p 4900mah) will take roughly a pound out of the airframe. Gotta love technology!
stangrob is offline Find More Posts by stangrob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:44 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,527 Posts
From Lennon on Bipes. This is what I have used in my scratch building, and it always works.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:39 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,070 Posts
Thanks a bunch Les - I'll check that out. I've got Mr. Lennon's book at home, but never thought to check there.

Rob
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:28 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,527 Posts
It's not it the standard Lennon book. It was an article that was specifically "Lennon on Bipes".

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:55 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,599 Posts
Post some pics! I had one of these powered with an OS .40 back in the 70's, but no longer have the plans.
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Dec 2008
8 Posts
Rob... is this the concept fleet with the 49" winspan? If so do you still need the CG?
treeseeker is offline Find More Posts by treeseeker
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:00 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,189 Posts
If there is any doubt, call Concept models, nice folks, glad to help.

http://www.mailbag.com/users/conceptmodels/
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:15 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeseeker
Rob... is this the concept fleet with the 49" winspan? If so do you still need the CG?
The one I have has a 55" wingspan. If that's the one you're referring to I'd still appreciate the CG if you have it. I'd be curious to compare it to what comes out of the Lennon calculation.

E-Challenged, I sent the folks at Concept Models an email around Christmas asking for info but never got a response. I assumed that since I wasn't buying a new kit that they didn't have time to get back to me. I guess I could try again.

I'll post before and after pics once I finish up the recovering and detailing. I want to have this plane ready for summer but need to get another project out of the way first. Same old problem - too many planes, not enuf time...

Rob
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:49 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Dec 2008
8 Posts
Did you try calling concept models? Yeah... you are probably right, if your not buying something then why would they wanna help. Seems like thats the norm these days. I will pull the plans out this weekend and get you that info but yes, i have the 49" Concept models kit so wont be quite the same. Let me know if you need the phone number to Concept.
treeseeker is offline Find More Posts by treeseeker