HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Bob Benjamin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:05 PM
Olympia, WA USA
Joined May 2001
184 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Sold
The World Models Zero Fighter Ep (arf)

This model was built by Bob Benjamin as the subject of a Fly RC Magazine product review. The article is in the hands of editor Thayer Syme and will appear sometime during the spring of ’09.

It is for sale exactly as reviewed, needing only your receiver and four mini-servos to be flight ready. The outrunner brushless motor (28/30 KM0283010) is included. I tested it at 20 amps on 3S LiPo power. This work out to 225 watts/ 132 watts/lb. power loading. A Castle Creation Thunderbird 36 ESC is included, along with a proprietary Lightning Volts 3S 2200 mAh LiPo pack with a Thunderpower-compatible balance connector. The folding prop is exactly as supplied with the kit.

You need one servo each for the rudder and elevator and two for the ailerons...these can be hooked up either to one channel with a Y connector or to two channels for differential. I have left the retract servo that I flew with (Airtronics 94091Z, compatible with Futaba, JR, Hitec. etc.) hooked up in place...all you have to do is set the endpoints on your retract channel.

I have added some custom touches. The model comes out of the box with pre-printed markings already on the covering. These include printed-on exhaust stacks that I thought looked a little lame, so I added “real” ones along with some airbrushed smoke stains. I also gave the entire model a clear coat of matte Krylon clear.

THIS MODEL WILL BE FEATURED IN AN UPCOMING FLY RC ARTICLE.

$300.00

I can meet you partway for delivery in the Seattle area...or...we can work out something if you are farther away.
Bob Benjamin is online now Find More Posts by Bob Benjamin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:00 PM
If it flies, its cool
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
you didnt list the wing span
bondohead is offline Find More Posts by bondohead
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:19 PM
Olympia, WA USA